They are all in cahoots

Forum for conspiracy theories, following the money, cover-ups, etc.

They are all in cahoots

Postby Pointerman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:15 pm

So, my job was eliminated on 12/13/16. No notice, no severance nothing except my PTO was paid out.

So, decided no one is going to be hiring now until the new year so I figured time to get a little revenge.

This company has been running patients medical information on a Windows 2003 platform and still is until this day, this is a major HIPPA violation as you can't store this type of information on a platform that the OS has been sunsetted.

So, I decide to try to call a lawyer about it. None of them will even listen as they say it is a conflict of interest. Looked at the .gov website and the only complaint you can file is about individual health records. I am talking 10,000+. So, I decided to call the 800 number to see if I can report it that way and speak with someone. It is a fucking voicemail box. I left a message over 2 weeks ago a couple times no response.

Then, this company also is in major Microsoft license violation. They purchase licenses on their own Volume license with Microsoft, mark it up 20% and sell it to another business without being a MS authorized reseller. I called MS about it and yes they want the information, but don't want to pay me for reporting it so fuck them, apparently the BSA will get you some case for reporting it. Once again, voicemail. no response.

In conclusion, just another lesson that if you try to do the right thing no one gives a fuck.

"i'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn't like a person" -Bill Murray
Pointerman
Resident Redneck

Liked: 30164

Re: They are all in cahoots

Postby hansmoleman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:21 pm

Are you getting a severance ? You should be focusing on the $$$ first.

Is it coming in the mail or did they just tell you to fuck off? If you are anywhere in the anglosphere the corporation is required by law to pay you a minimum severance.

Most companies go above and beyond the minimum because they don't want blowback. I'm assuming your (former) employer did not go bankrupt...so...they are really fucking stupid to not have paid you enough hush money.

Keep us updated on the severance pay front.

If you want to get back at the company is some small way
- write reviews on glassdoor.
- Go work for a competitor
- complain to the company's ethics department
- write letters / send fax to the government departments you were trying to call
- work for a supplier of your old company and hose them on contracts/equipment

Don't call. A phone call is useless. There are no records. You need to send something in writing, so they are forced to keep it on record.

hansmoleman
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 7867

Postby trajan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:00 pm

Damn, Pointerman, that SUCKS! Companies love to lay-off at Christmas time. Helps them meet 4th quarter finance goals or something.

hansmoleman wrote:If you are anywhere in the anglosphere the corporation is required by law to pay you a minimum severance.

There's no requirement for severance pay in the US. And very few companies offer it.

trajan
Established Member

Liked: 3876

Postby Demosthenes » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:40 pm

trajan wrote:Damn, Pointerman, that SUCKS! Companies love to lay-off at Christmas time. Helps them meet 4th quarter finance goals or something.

hansmoleman wrote:If you are anywhere in the anglosphere the corporation is required by law to pay you a minimum severance.

There's no requirement for severance pay in the US. And very few companies offer it.

And even if there were a requirement, the 'right to work laws' (think patriot act naming incongruity) are actually 'right to fire' laws, and temporary/contractual hiring allows companies to avoid other employment laws as well.

Women don't owe men anything. Not a smile. Not sex, Not even empathy or compassion. Men don't owe women anything either. Not interest. Not resources. And definitely not commitment or children.
-----
Somewhere in a lonely hotel room there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2AM.
------
So, I'll Do It - I guess there's nothin' to say, its all been said
I'll Do It - Make sure you want it this way, 'cause when it's done this time, I'll be gone
Demosthenes
Freezing Cold Sanity

Liked: 23392

Postby hansmoleman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:42 pm

trajan wrote:Damn, Pointerman, that SUCKS! Companies love to lay-off at Christmas time. Helps them meet 4th quarter finance goals or something.

That sucks balls. My previous employer was a large U.S. based tech company, and they had several layoffs which resulted in large one-time restructuring costs.

hansmoleman
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 7867

Postby Pointerman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:48 pm

Yeah, the only real way they have to do it in the state I live in is if they have a history of doing it. Then you have a shot at doing it.

Place just really was a fucking cess-pool.

"i'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn't like a person" -Bill Murray
Pointerman
Resident Redneck

Liked: 30164

Postby Eddie Willers » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:20 pm

Sorry to hear bout that ball-sucking event, Pointerman - right before Christmas too.

But if it was the cesspool you say then you're better off out of it - Onwards & Upwards!

A gun-toting, weed-smoking, gray-bearded redneck with a Masters - old and dangerous.
Eddie Willers
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 4219

Return to Area 51