German law makers vote to ban the internal combustion engine

Forum title says it all! Discuss all things cars and motorcycles here.

Postby WheelBarrow » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:27 am

From Gizmodo:

The modern internal combustion engine first came from Germany and now Germany wants to put a nail in its coffin. The Bundesrat has passed a resolution to ban the ICE beginning in 2030.

Germany’s Spiegel Magazin reported this morning that the country’s top legislative body was able to reach a bi-partisan agreement that hopes to allow only zero-emission vehicles on EU roads in 14 years. For the resolution to be instituted across Europe, it will have to be approved by the EU. But according to Forbes, “German regulations traditionally have shaped EU and UNECE regulations.”

Greens party lawmaker Oliver Krischer told Spiegel, “If the Paris agreement to curb climate-warming emissions is to be taken seriously, no new combustion engine cars should be allowed on roads after 2030.”

The resolution calls on EU automakers to “review the current practices of taxation and dues with regard to a stimulation of emission-free mobility.” Creating a tougher tax burden could encourage manufacturers to push electric vehicles into production sooner, rather than later.

While larger approvals will still need to go through the legislative process, the fact that the country with the fourth-largest auto industry in the world is spearheading such sweeping change is a big sign of where we’re headed. It’s a road paved with slow-moving politicians making incremental changes and hoping the industry will warm up to the idea of not killing us all.

Despite the hyperbole in this writing, it is the delusion of German lawmakers that is the most striking. They simply can't be this stupid, can they? Do they really think that somehow that if the ban the ICE that it will magically disappear from the planet? Do they really think that Russia, China, or India will bow down to their delusion?

This is among the most remarkable acts of legislative stupidity to date, and that's saying something.

“Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington

"A tattoo on a hot woman is like a bumper sticker on a Ferrari" -- unknown man with discriminating taste.
WheelBarrow
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 7338

Re: German law makers vote to ban the internal combustion en

Postby Schattenmann » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:23 pm

They are this insane.

There is also a ban on oil / gas heating by the mid 20ies. Funny enough, I talked to my chimney sweeper about it and he basically said: it is bullshit and the law is slated to go into effect 2030. Should Germany still exist as non Caliphate by then, this is at least 3 elections in the future - they basically are planning to stay elected for eternity.
Let that sink in.

This is the reason the ptb recommended emergency supplies for a week. It is not about terror, it is about a totally rotten energy infrastructure which can literally collapse at any time (think Southern Australia only it might take DAYS to get the switchboards back up).

Kinda beyond caring by now, it is a race whether the Muzzie + SJW alliance or our own politicians finish us off first.

Schattenmann
Established Member

Liked: 2922

Postby Slade » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:55 pm

They'll be handing their auto industry to Japan, Korea, China and the USA on a silver platter.

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 31895

Postby ManWithAPlan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:04 pm

Electric cars are so stupid to me. I love the fact that they can accelerate like you couldn't believe, but other than that, they're retarded. The batteries lose their charge over time, and they have a MASSIVE impact on the environment. When hybrids first came out, you would need to have driven one for 27 years before it cut even with a gas car and then started surpassing it. Why? Batteries. But batteries don't last that long, so guess what? You end up getting MORE pollution.

And I'll admit that these days they have made them far more efficient, and they've taken that 27 year old time span and reduced it to around 4-5 years. But, the batteries won't last that long. Even if they did, in 4-5 years you'd need a new battery, which brings you back up and negates all the "green". So electric cars can never beat out gas powered ones. And there's an additional part that nobody talks about. Where is this electricity coming from? It's not coming from nuclear power plants, since the hippies had those banned. So now instead of burning the energy in your car directly from oil, we are creating a middle man where the energy comes from oil and coal being burnt at a power plant, and then sent to your car through the power grid. So between the power plant polluting and the car battery being a disaster on the environment (and we're not even getting into disposal of those things), these "green" cars are actually fucking our planet worse.

But people are fucking morons who never think this through, and love to think they're doing their part. It's fucking insanity.

And there's all kinds of other shit we're not taking into consideration. Those cars sitting in lots waiting to be sold will have their batteries deteriorate over time, regardless if the car is being driven or not. And the charge in those batteries will disappear while the car just sits there, unlike gasoline. So whether you drive it or not, you're going to have to constantly recharge it. How the fuck is that eco friendly?

And last but not least, look at the Samsung S7 Note. Those things are blowing up and burning people. Now imagine a car, with a car sized battery, having a defect. You won't be getting severe burns, you'll be dying in your brand new defective car. You, your kids, your family, all gone in one fuckup.

The word "misogyny" is like a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble.
ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Liked: 39548

Postby WheelBarrow » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:54 pm

Not to mention that power jacking is already a thing among the electric car set. Too cheap to pay for recharge electricity at a power station? Just go around the back side of some business and find a live power outlet and get a recharge for "free". Yes, this is happening already and battery powered cars barely register as any fraction of a percent on the roads today. Expect this to become worse as the entitled owners figure any place with an outlet owes them free juice.

“Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington

"A tattoo on a hot woman is like a bumper sticker on a Ferrari" -- unknown man with discriminating taste.
WheelBarrow
MGTOW Veteran

Postby toadman » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:07 pm

Are 150-ft extension cords flying of the shelves yet at Depot-Lowes?

"We can't change prevailing winds, but we can adjust the sails."
toadman
Administrator

Liked: 6791

Postby G001 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:48 pm

Schattenmann wrote:They are this insane.

There is also a ban on oil / gas heating by the mid 20ies. Funny enough, I talked to my chimney sweeper about it and he basically said: it is bullshit and the law is slated to go into effect 2030. Should Germany still exist as non Caliphate by then, this is at least 3 elections in the future - they basically are planning to stay elected for eternity.
Let that sink in.

This is the reason the ptb recommended emergency supplies for a week. It is not about terror, it is about a totally rotten energy infrastructure which can literally collapse at any time (think Southern Australia only it might take DAYS to get the switchboards back up).

It took days to get the switchboards back up in Southern Australia, as is. Because Adelaide is the only major centre over 200,000 people within 700km, when its power generators went down, it took out the whole state, but left the other states unaffected. If Germany experiences a blackout in a major city, say Dresden, the interconnected way the power grids are set up, would cause Europe-wide blackouts, which have happened before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_European_blackout

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Java%E2%80%93Bali_blackout

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_India_blackouts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Italy_blackout

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_blackout_of_2003

G001
Established Member

Liked: 903

Postby Phathack » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:14 am

I sure hope they have the money to increase the power grid capacity. Cars take real power and charge at night.
come home and plug in that car and its going to need lots of power.

To Recharge a P60 Tesla, the little one, would mean a 30AMP load on a 220VAC line from 9pm to 6am
For a house like mine that's almost 1/3 of the total capacity of my electric panel, for an all electric home.
So charging a Tesla could cost $215/month in electricity vs my average $150/month gasoline bill.
On top of that its a $60K car vs my $25K car. Make perfect sense to me.

:ugeek:

Proudly considered “unsuitable” by women since 1993
Phathack
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 8533

Postby The Signal » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:03 am

If Germany falls, what the Hell is supposed to be left of Europe? France??? Bitch, please.

The Signal
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 6686

Postby JohnnyComeLately » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:02 am

The Signal wrote:If Germany falls, what the Hell is supposed to be left of Europe? France??? Bitch, please.

Well, Poland and Russia might have some chance of surviving the next 50 years...

JohnnyComeLately
Established Member

Liked: 6079

Postby TDG » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:54 am

Ah yes, bureaucrats making a law then expecting people who actually create things to make it happen.

The EU wont be around then so fuck 'em.

Solipsism is a feature and not a bug. - TDG

In the long run, men making themselves happy makes women happy. Men trying to please women makes women miserable. Source: all of human history. - fairi5fair

There is nothing women ruin with such predictability as their own lives. - Alpha Game

She's not yours, she's just your turn. - Dudeist Priest
TDG
One Disgruntled Bastard

Liked: 57951

Postby The Signal » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:28 am

JohnnyComeLately wrote:Well, Poland and Russia might have some chance of surviving the next 50 years...

A fine point. In light of that, I'd much prefer Poland over Russia, but I note that's a preference, not a prediction.

The Signal
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 6686

Postby xtc » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:37 am

ManWithAPlan's points on batteries are well made.

Self-contained transport basically needs a dense energy store, of whatever kind. Batteries are fundamentally worse than oil.

I always thought a more sensible way to make green cars would be making carbon neutral oil. We can synthesize it using chemical or biological processes driven with green energy.

xtc
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 5983

Postby Naadvis » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:59 am

Well well. looking at how things are going

I think this will be the only family vehicle to be around by 2030

Attachments
cycle-rickshaw-250x250.jpg
cycle-rickshaw-250x250.jpg (14.73 KiB) Viewed 2775 times
"As much as loneliness is bad when one is single, it is infinitely worse when one is married"
"Marriage is for the rich and/or stupid"
"When you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything"
Naadvis
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 7691

Postby WheelBarrow » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:18 am

Phathack wrote:I sure hope they have the money to increase the power grid capacity. Cars take real power and charge at night.
come home and plug in that car and its going to need lots of power.

To Recharge a P60 Tesla, the little one, would mean a 30AMP load on a 220VAC line from 9pm to 6am
For a house like mine that's almost 1/3 of the total capacity of my electric panel, for an all electric home.
So charging a Tesla could cost $215/month in electricity vs my average $150/month gasoline bill.
On top of that its a $60K car vs my $25K car. Make perfect sense to me.

:ugeek:

This.

The economics of electric cars on any sort of large scale make no sense whatsoever. Add in that most people will need to recharge their cars overnight and compare that against the desire for the watermelons to have only wind and solar electric production and the result is going to be a huge fail. For the most part the winds die down at night to nearly calm and the sun ain't shining either. OOPS!!!!

People will unequivocally recoil at the thought of all electric heat and know immediately that propane or natural gas are many times cheaper, yet think that somehow they'll be charging their electric car for free?

WheelBarrow
MGTOW Veteran

Postby Morgu » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:00 pm

I guess it's back to horse and buggy then.

--Morgu

*scene aboard MSS MGTOW*
Electronics officer: "Captain, Morgu, sir, western civilization now requires all men to live with a woman!"
Captain Morgu: "Diving officer, submerge the ship. Make your depth 3-5-0 feet..."

Funny thing about garlic, it keeps away three types of blood suckers: mosquitoes, vampires, and human females.
Morgu
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 13113

Postby The Shadow » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:33 am

The Signal wrote:If Germany falls, what the Hell is supposed to be left of Europe? France??? Bitch, please.

Well you know that joke about French rifles: "Dropped once, never fired". Just joking. The French never had a chance against
Germany in WW II.

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow Knows."
The Shadow
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 6581

Postby The Shadow » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:43 am

Morgu wrote:

I guess it's back to horse and buggy then.

--Morgu

Looks like the buggy whip makers will be making a comeback. :lol:

That said, the internal combustion engine can be made to run on almost anything. I cant recall if it was Rudolph Diesel or
someone else that used very finely ground coal dust and/or gun powder to make an internal combustion engine operate,
for a time.

As I recall Venezuela was running most of their vehicles on alcohol or E-85 ( 15 percent gasoline and 85 percent ethanol).

All I know is the sooner we can stop buying oil from the middle east, the better. Let those M-Fer's eat sand and camel dung!

The Shadow
MGTOW Veteran

Postby The Shadow » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:15 am

toadman wrote:Are 150-ft extension cords flying of the shelves yet at Depot-Lowes?

Probably not, But an extension cord would make a good hangs-mans rope and noose for anyone caught steal electricity from someone else.

The Shadow
MGTOW Veteran

Postby womanhater » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:56 pm

Khalifa Merkel will call upon the mighty power of Arab cock to solve this dilemma and will offer them the choicest lands of central Europe and the finest of Nordic women as incentive to achieve her goal as the Shadow of Satan on Earth.

"Sexual attraction towards women is a disease, and we have to thank modern feminism for providing us with its cure." - MPAV8R

"Women don't owe men anything. Not a smile. Not sex, Not even empathy or compassion. Men don't owe women anything either. Not interest. Not resources. And definitely not commitment or children." - Demosthenes

"Women's definition of oppression is being held accountable for their actions." - Mr.Fenrir

"This world needs to burn in holy nuclear fire." - hansmoleman
womanhater
Gender Warlord

Liked: 33950

Return to Motorcycles and Cars