Is the London Pass worth the cost?

Travel Forum! Discuss all of your travel-related topics here!

Is the London Pass worth the cost?

Postby Slade » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:11 pm

Will be in London this summer and have been looking into a 3 day London pass. My question is, is it worth it?

Sure, they give you examples all you can see in the 3 days, but is it realistic? I like to linger at places and soak them in. For example, many years ago I was in London for a biz trip and had a free day, where I did a lot of cramming. I would have liked to have spent much more time in Westminster Abby, instead of rushing through it.

So, has anyone here actually bought one?

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 32579

Re: Is the London Pass worth the cost?

Postby Eddie Willers » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:43 pm

What is this 'London Pass'? Is it just for public transport? Or does it cover other cultural attractions?

The issue, as I see it, is that there is 2000 years of history in London with some of the Western world's great repositories of cultural artifacts there. The Science Museum, The Natural History Museum, The British Museum and the Victoria & Albert Museum each need 1-2 days to properly take everything in - this is before you get into the art galleries: The Tate Gallery; The National Gallery; The National Portrait Gallery...and we haven't even gotten to the architecture: Buckingham Palace; St Paul's Cathedral; the Middlesex Guildhall; even the grand old railroad stations such as Waterloo or St Pancras are wonderful temples of Victorian design engineering.

Sheesh. Three days? One could say that three months might be a better proposition. :o

A gun-toting, weed-smoking, gray-bearded redneck with a Masters - old and dangerous.
Eddie Willers
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 4238

Re: Is the London Pass worth the cost?

Postby xtc » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:09 pm

When one is tired of London, one is tired of life.

xtc
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 6073

Return to Travel