Mgtow holiday tips appreciated.

Travel Forum! Discuss all of your travel-related topics here!

Mgtow holiday tips appreciated.

Postby Self sufficient » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:26 am

Annual Holiday

I'm seeking to go on a self drive camping holiday with ideally,a hired camper van.
As I've done a significant amount of this activity over the years in Australia,some in Canada and recently over the last couple of years in New Zealand,I'm exploring the possabilities of doing this in other countries.
I've been playing with idea of Alaska,Norway and Iceland .These types of countries appeal to me because they are different climatically and should be very scenic compared to where I live in the mostly dry tropics of Australia.

New Zealand was a great place for this activity and I think will be hard to beat due to the vast amount of natural attractions and beauty,low cost to free camping,relatively cheap to Australians and the ease of driving there.However I wish to cover new ground and fully understand the above listed countries will be significantly more expense.

I've been somewhat put off by Alaska because I fear it will be over run by tourists during the 3 month window of climatic oppurtunity that most people try to shoehorn themselves into.Also this would probably mean that any national park camping will be over run and unavailable generally on an adhoc basis.Secondly when I've been reviewing my vehicle options,the prices are quite high, understandably as the vehicles probably are only used for a small percentage of the year.
All these vehicles on offer are much larger than I require,and nothing inbetween, for a single MGTOWer and the Americans always seem to like supersizing everything.
Generally I'm looking for a Campervan with shower/toilet that's as small as possible thereby striking a balance between easy drivability and living quarters.Norway and Iceland probably presents the same set of problems except for the vehicle options in regard to size.

I'd be interested to hear if any of my fellow MGTOWers have done any of these trips to the countries mentioned from a campers perspective or of any other recommended locations with wilderness,mountains,lakes,rivers and other natural attractions that are favorable to camping the proper way,not in gravel strewn,jam packed commercial caravan parks.

Marriage is the greatest fraud ever perpetrated on men.
Self sufficient
Established Member

Liked: 3364

Re: Mgtow holiday tips appreciated.

Postby EddieS » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:34 am

Have you been to Tassie?

the dark isn't dark
EddieS
Grungle

Liked: 15541

Postby hansmoleman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:32 am

I'd be bored as fuck driving around aimlessly especially in North America.... i mean its either some suburb with sprawling malls, or the middle of fucking nowhere with trees all the way to the horizon. There is nothing in between....no quaint little villages like in Europe....a small settlement in North America is basically a gas station and a convenience store surrounded by maybe 10-15 houses and then nothing again for hundreds of km...just empty fields and shit. Not my thing.

My only suggestion is to plan an itinerary with decent sights to see, and some kind of overarching theme/goal in mind. Like driving through yellowstone/rockies or something.

This seems to be a good site. roadtrippers.com

My bucket list for an interesting road-trip: Ireland, Scotland, Iceland, England. I have a thing for driving around Islands. :)

hansmoleman
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 8103

Postby going this way » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:39 am

Video a little over 10 minutes;

I don't camp, but if I had more time & money I would be travel-camping. In the U.S. there's still guys on & off youtube making their own campsite the old school ways, if you're creative enough you can find what you're looking to do, or close. I would start looking at 4X4 truck rentals, maybe any vehicle would do or just the right combination. I saw some nice RV trailers here; rvshare.com/rv-rental/alaska. :geek:

Et erunt homines se ipsos amantes, cupidi, elati, superbi, blasphemi, parentibus inoboedientes, ingrate, scelesti
going this way
GPS Relocating...

Liked: 1137

Postby Self sufficient » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:19 am

EddieS wrote:Have you been to Tassie?

Yeah,thanks Eddie.
2 times in fact,drove the whole way from NQ and across by ferry from Melbourne.
Very good there and lots of free camping/low cost camping in some top spots.
Scenic wise and other natural attractions also quite good but not quite as good as New Zealand.
Very glad I went.

Self sufficient
Established Member

Postby Self sufficient » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:23 am

hansmoleman wrote:This seems to be a good site. roadtrippers.com

My bucket list for an interesting road-trip: Ireland, Scotland, Iceland, England. I have a thing for driving around Islands. :)

Thanks for the Link,I'll have a look.
If your into Island's, Australia but lots of nothing in some places.
NZ is really great and you've got 2 is;lands!

Self sufficient
Established Member

Postby EddieS » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:48 am

Tassie is nice. So different to the rest of Australia. As you say, well set up for touring.

Mate of mine went on a walk across England holiday self tour type thing. Where, you basically just walk across the country. Stay at pubs, or just take a little tent in your pack. Took him 2 or 3 weeks from memory. Sounded like fun. Stopping at all the little dinky villages. Something a bit different anyways.

Wasn't even slightly challenging for him he's a walker. He has done the whole appellation trail. Which is another interesting idea if you are into walking. The whole thing is too much for most. But it can be done in any variety of sections.

the dark isn't dark
EddieS
Grungle

Liked: 15541

Postby Self sufficient » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:00 am

EddieS wrote: He has done the whole appellation trail.

Fuck me dead!
3500 Klm of hiking,Yikes!
Hats off to him.That's one way to thin the crowds out and certainly be at one with nature.
I did that distance last year over 3 weeks in NZ,behind the wheel with the kitchen sink,cold beer and whiskey on board eating potato chips.Maybe that's the problem right there! Came home weighing more than I left,even though I made a point to walk on trails everyday exploring.

Self sufficient
Established Member

Postby G001 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:25 am

EddieS wrote:Tassie is nice. So different to the rest of Australia. As you say, well set up for touring.

Mate of mine went on a walk across England holiday self tour type thing. Where, you basically just walk across the country. Stay at pubs, or just take a little tent in your pack. Took him 2 or 3 weeks from memory. Sounded like fun. Stopping at all the little dinky villages. Something a bit different anyways.

Wasn't even slightly challenging for him he's a walker. He has done the whole appellation trail. Which is another interesting idea if you are into walking. The whole thing is too much for most. But it can be done in any variety of sections.

The Appalachian Trail looks like something else. You would go through a lot of interesting areas.

The walking holiday in England is an interesting idea. There is an organisation called the "Ramblers" that is a national body over there, that facilitates those walking trips.

Tasmania, UK, and NZ, are good for touring, because they are compact, and there is a lot to see in relatively short distances. Whereas, mainland Australia, Canada, etc. are better done by car.

I still cannot believe in some places along the East Coast, that a powered tent site at a caravan park could be $30pp/night. At that price point, a motel in the same town is as cost effective.

G001
Established Member

Liked: 914

Postby awakenedexsheep » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:59 am

I take it you are based in the USA so i suggest to you UK on economic reasons

With Brexit happening, the UK pound has devalued majorly against the US dollar so it has never been better value the UK

Keep away from the cesspool that is London

But some lovely areas Northumberland, Cornwall, Lake District, Wales, Scottish highlands

awakenedexsheep

Liked: 421

Postby Self sufficient » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:20 am

G001 wrote:I still cannot believe in some places along the East Coast, that a powered tent site at a caravan park could be $30pp/night. At that price point, a motel in the same town is as cost effective.

You are quite right with your pricing.
However on the east coast there are plenty of legal free camping/very low cost camping options available.
Albeit,unpowered sites but nevertheless in some reasonably desirable places that surpass the commercial operators.I've camped for 4 weeks solid without paying more than $5 a night in State Forests but for most of the time,80%,for free.
ozcamps.net is an invaluable tool for this with the entire GPS data base downloadable for the device of your choice.
You've just got to time it so that you can leapfrog over the large cities in a day and all is well.
Luckily Australia still has these freedoms.

Self sufficient
Established Member

Postby wilfred » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:40 am

awakenedexsheep wrote:I take it you are based in the USA so i suggest to you UK on economic reasons

With Brexit happening, the UK pound has devalued majorly against the US dollar so it has never been better value the UK

Keep away from the cesspool that is London

But some lovely areas Northumberland, Cornwall, Lake District, Wales, Scottish highlands

Agreed, Cumbria and Yorkshire have some stunning scenery too

wilfred
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 1927

Return to Travel