SCPs

SCPs

Postby SardonicYuda » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 pm

I've been having a lot of fun with this as of late. For those of you who like creepypastas or generally silly tales(depending on the subject, I highly recommend it. SCP means Secure. Contain. Protect. Essentially a dedicated community centered around your typical Men in Black stories about those who try and keep the rest of us relatively safe from the freaky shit we don't wanna think about(or what your average Australian finds in their garage when they forget to shut the door at night)

Here's the Wiki

For example, my dumbass couldn't sleep after a little reading of SCP-106(The Old Man). I suppose you could describe him as Slederman's Creepy Uncle. He likes to stalk people from 10-25 years old, can phase through walls and secretes a mucus like substance that corrodes anything it touches. If he catches you, he'll pull you into a pocket dimension and hunt you down like an animal and may release you in a horrid state.
[urlhttp://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-106]His entry[/url]

SCP-682 is fun because it's totally evil, hates all life, and is impossible to kill(hence why it's called the Hard to Kill Lizard). As it's highly adaptable and can regenerate itself even when 87% destroyed, the good people at the Foundation are working tirelessly on how to kill this damn thing. Oh, it's also sentient and can talk to you about how much it hates you. I think it would be good friends with GIT.
Be sure to read the Termination Experiment logs too for extra lulz

A more sympathetic SPC is a guy called the Reluctant Dimension Hopper, also known as SPC-507 and a few nicknames. He's a slightly overrate dude with what seems to be a British guy with blond hair and green eyes. As his name implies, he randomly shifts into alternate dimensions and somehow miraculously survives. These places range from dimensions nearly identical to our own, or in a frozen tundra, vampire world, or one where the US President is succeeded by assassination by law. All in all, I find it very funny.
The poor fuck himself

There's hundreds of these fuckers and I'm barely through a couple dozen of them, not to mention their various attached creepypastas and other stories. Enjoy.

Last edited by SardonicYuda on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Progress is like a herd of pigs. While the herd has many benefits, one shouldn't wonder at all the shit"
-Zoltan Chivey
"We are the cleverest monsters, and we deserve everything we've got coming"
-David Axe
"Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side"
-Treebeard, LOTR
SardonicYuda
Harbinger of the Doomed Rat

Liked: 12070

Re: SCPs

Postby MPAV8R » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:21 pm

I've been getting this stuff on my Youtube recommendations lately. It's somewhat amusing, but upon my first encountering it, I wasn't sure if it was just pulp fiction, or if people actually believe this stuff is real...

It's kinda hard to tell when the videos are mixed in with all of the UFO, Alien pyramid builder, flat earth, and reptilian videos that Youtube for some reason sees fit to recommend to me.

I guess the Youtube algorithm figures that someone who watches Trump videos == tinfoil hatty nutjob? Idk

I've already told you: the only way to a woman's heart is along the path of torment. -Marquis de Sade

Alphas do, betas explain. -Womanhater

The only women worthy of affection are born in the imaginations of men. -Notorious GIT
MPAV8R
Marquis De Schadenfreude

Liked: 10820

Postby The Signal » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:29 pm

The <Magic: The Gathering> nerds could have an absolute field day with this stuff.

- The Signal
The Signal
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 7735

Postby Mantis Shrimp » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:09 pm

I first heard about SCP a few years ago, while watching some YOGScast youtube vids of the game based on the wiki. You can get the game for free:

http://www.scpcbgame.com/

SCP-682 is fun because it's totally evil, hates all life, and is impossible to kill(hence why it's called the Hard to Kill Lizard). As it's highly adaptable and can regenerate itself even when 87% destroyed, the good people at the Foundation are working tirelessly on how to kill this damn thing. Oh, it's also sentient and can talk to you about how much it hates you. I think it would be good friends with GIT.
Be sure to read the Termination Experiment logs too for extra lulz

Although scp-682 isn't in SCP: Containment Breach, there is an indie game called Six-Eight-Two, where it escapes from captivity and your task is to recapture it.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/six-eight-two/downloads

"Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine." -Nikola Tesla

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue. -Plato

A man without a woman is like a fish without a hook.
Mantis Shrimp
Established Member

Liked: 4917

Postby ManWithAPlan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:21 pm

I've been into the SCP stuff for fucking years and years and years. I remember when I first realized I was taking it a bit too far. There was a random half-life mod I played and all of a sudden I heard "SCP 173 has escaped containment" and I instantly was all like "everyone back to back, keep your eyes peeled, this thing can't move as long as we look at it". I didn't even react, just went all out cowboy. Then of course realizing you were right on the money doesn't help prove you're not fucking obsessed, so there's that.

I literally might as well have been some retarded soldier on some super secret base.

The word "misogyny" is like a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble.
ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Liked: 41587

Postby Mantis Shrimp » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:30 pm

For example, my dumbass couldn't sleep after a little reading of SCP-106(The Old Man). I suppose you could describe him as Slederman's Creepy Uncle. He likes to stalk people from 10-25 years old, can phase through walls and secretes a mucus like substance that corrodes anything it touches. If he catches you, he'll pull you into a pocket dimension and hunt you down like an animal and may release you in a horrid state.
[url=His entry]http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-106[/url]

SCp-106 is a favorite of mine as well. I've had many good laughs from watching gamplay vids of Containment Breach, where the person playing freaks out upon realizing is can walk through walls and the floor:

Some other interesting ones from the wiki:

SCP-666-J: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-666-j

Description: All individuals who board any vehicle or form of transportation that Dr. Gerald himself is controlling in any form are assured to die. Testing has shown that even those who escape vehicles he's been driving are doomed; they are generally struck by another moving vehicle within minutes. Dr. Gerald himself, oddly enough, always survives whatever horrors he puts a vehicle through.

The results of Dr. Gerald driving through the town of [REDACTED] on a moped.
Additionally, all potentially hazardous objects seem to become even more dangerous if he is manning a vehicle in their general vicinity. Knives penetrate more than their sharpness would accord, normally benign oil tankers become moving bombs that will detonate with the slightest touch, buildings lose any significant rigidity, and pedestrians seem to lose all forms of self-preservation, throwing themselves into his path. A mere bicycle ride can inflict the devastation of a T3 tornado.

SCP-462: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-462

Description: SCP-462 is a 1968 Chevrolet El Camino in a state of serious disrepair, with several broken windows and severe rust damage. A single key is inserted into the ignition. To date, all attempts at removing the key have failed. If a human sits in the driver's seat and turns the key as if to start the vehicle, they will instantaneously disappear. Around 42% of SCP-462’s drivers have been known to suddenly reappear without the vehicle at a distant location after a random period of time, ranging from 43 seconds to 7 months, near the spot that they have confirmed as being their chosen destination. These drivers rarely arrive at their destination safely; many have been observed falling from a considerable height after reappearing, while others have arrived while flying in the direction of their destination at various speeds, resulting in injuries that are sometimes fatal. Occasionally, test subjects will arrive in various states of dismemberment. In 35% of these cases, the test subject never reappears and cannot be located, even when fitted with a GPS transceiver. The remaining 23% of test subjects [DATA EXPUNGED].

The subjects who survive SCP-462’s traveling process report that they are driving during the time they are gone, and express confusion regarding the experience and their abrupt re-appearance. These reports typically contradict the time between vanishing and reappearing, with most drivers insisting that they have been gone for a few minutes as opposed to the actual period of time their disappearance was observed.

SCP-055: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-055

Description: SCP-055 is a "self-keeping secret" or "anti-meme". Information about SCP-055's physical appearance as well as its nature, behavior, and origins is self-classifying. To clarify:

How Site 19 originally acquired SCP-055 is unknown.
When SCP-055 was obtained, and by whom, is unknown.
SCP-055's physical appearance is unknown. It is not indescribable, or invisible: individuals are perfectly capable of entering SCP-055's container and observing it, taking mental or written notes, making sketches, taking photographs, and even making audio/video recordings. An extensive log of such observations is on file. However, information about SCP-055's physical appearance "leaks" out of a human mind soon after such an observation. Individuals tasked with describing SCP-055 afterwards find their minds wandering and lose interest in the task; individuals tasked with sketching a copy of a photograph of SCP-055 are unable to remember what the photograph looks like, as are researchers overseeing these tests. Security personnel who have observed SCP-055 via closed-circuit television cameras emerge after a full shift exhausted and effectively amnesiac about the events of the previous hours.
Who authorized the construction of SCP-055's containment room, why it was constructed in this way, or what the purpose of the described Containment Procedures may be, are all unknown.
Despite SCP-055's container being easily accessible, all personnel at Site 19 claim no knowledge of SCP-055's existence when challenged.
All of these facts are periodically rediscovered, usually by chance readers of this file, causing a great deal of alarm. This state of concern lasts minutes at most, before the matter is simply forgotten about.

A great deal of scientific data has been recorded from SCP-055, but cannot be studied.

At least one attempt has been made to destroy SCP-055, or possibly move it from containment at Site 19 to another site, meeting failure for reasons unknown.

SCP-055 may present a major physical threat and indeed may have killed many hundreds of personnel, and we would not know it. Certainly it presents a gigantic memetic/mental threat, hence its Keter classification.

SCP-096: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-096

[SCP-096 is a humanoid creature measuring approximately 2.38 meters in height. Subject shows very little muscle mass, with preliminary analysis of body mass suggesting mild malnutrition. Arms are grossly out of proportion with the rest of the subject's body, with an approximate length of 1.5 meters each. Skin is mostly devoid of pigmentation, with no sign of any body hair.

SCP-096's jaw can open to four (4) times the norm of an average human. Other facial features remain similar to an average human, with the exception of the eyes, which are also devoid of pigmentation. It is not yet known whether SCP-096 is blind or not. It shows no signs of any higher brain functions, and is not considered to be sapient.

SCP-096 is normally extremely docile, with pressure sensors inside its cell indicating it spends most of the day pacing by the eastern wall. However, when someone views SCP-096's face, whether it be directly, via video recording, or even a photograph, it will enter a stage of considerable emotional distress. SCP-096 will cover its face with its hands and begin screaming, crying, and babbling incoherently. Approximately one (1) to two (2) minutes after the first viewing, SCP-096 will begin running to the person who viewed its face (who will from this point on be referred to as SCP-096-1).

Documented speeds have varied from thirty-five (35) km/h to ███ km/h, and seems to depend on distance from SCP-096-1. At this point, no known material or method can impede SCP-096's progress. The actual position of SCP-096-1 does not seem to affect SCP-096's response; it seems to have an innate sense of SCP-096-1's location. Note: This reaction does not occur when viewing artistic depictions (see Document 096-1) .

Upon arriving at SCP-096-1's location, SCP-096 will proceed to kill and [DATA EXPUNGED] SCP-096-1. 100% of cases have left no traces of SCP-096-1. SCP-096 will then sit down for several minutes before regaining its composure and becoming docile once again. It will then attempt to make its way back to its natural habitat, [DATA REDACTED]

SCP-1478: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1478

SCP-1478 is a group of fifty-four (54) saguaro cacti (Carnegiea gigantea) located in the Sonoran Desert. All specimens of SCP-1478 are visually indistinguishable from non-anomalous cacti of the same species. Objects exhibit full sentience and sapience and often vocalize without apparent means to do so. Groups of these cacti will often converse with each other about topics primarily focused on their immediate area or neighbors.

If allowed to converse with subjects outside of their species, SCP-1478 will consistently advise the subjects in desert or American southwestern topics, usually while presenting erroneous information. No instance of SCP-1478 has exhibited hostile behavior; however, the objects will often refuse to participate in conversation for a number of arbitrary reasons. Personnel are to comply to these demands if they are within reason in order to gain information from SCP-1478.

When a person conversing with these objects fails to meet its requirements, that person will be transfigured into an instance of SCP-1478. This process has been reported to be painful, but instantaneous. Additionally, persons who have been transformed into an instance of SCP-1478 are able to perceive their prior places of occupation through unknown means. The significance and vector for this trait are currently unknown.

"Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine." -Nikola Tesla

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue. -Plato

A man without a woman is like a fish without a hook.
Mantis Shrimp
Established Member

Liked: 4917

Postby SardonicYuda » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:43 pm

I kinda wish The Flesh That Hates, or SCP-610 would be finished, but alas we may never see it. I'm not a huge fan of biohazard/zombie stuff, but this is a well done freak out. It's kinda like the virus from Prototype when you think about it, but made a bit more brutal by being in Siberia.

"Progress is like a herd of pigs. While the herd has many benefits, one shouldn't wonder at all the shit"
-Zoltan Chivey
"We are the cleverest monsters, and we deserve everything we've got coming"
-David Axe
"Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side"
-Treebeard, LOTR
SardonicYuda
Harbinger of the Doomed Rat

Liked: 12070

Postby Eddie Willers » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:56 pm

I have SCP bookmarked from around 4 years ago - about the same time I found Nacho's forum, IIRC.

It's imaginative and entertaining stuff and I read with fascination at the internal consistency of its universe.

A gun-toting, weed-smoking, gray-bearded redneck with a Masters - old and dangerous.
Eddie Willers
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 4342

Return to Television, Film, Books, and Blogs