Samurai Jack

Re: Samurai Jack

Postby SardonicYuda » Mon May 15, 2017 3:59 pm

hemanth wrote:Aku is a supervillain-why do they have to make him funny? :(
episode 8 was romantic bs but episode 9 made up-especially with the shocking twist
-although it wasnt entirely unexpected...
cannot wait for the ending...

Same reason we find the Joker funny in a lot of cases, I think. Aku is evil personified, him just begin constantly evil and serious would get old. Aku's humor is that of someone who has ultimate power, so he's very used to getting his way. When he lets his guard down or when his plans are foiled by that Samuria FOOOOOOOL!! he's fleshed out more than say, a machine or another one dimensional adversary.

The romantic subplot annoyed me somewhat, but I'm glad it's led to tragedy, largely because I never really thought someone as stoic as Jack would worry about that. The way Ashi and her sisters was born is interesting to say the least, since she's literally Aku's daughter in this case, it's kinda funny they still remembered this was a kid's show with how the High Priestess got pregnant with them.

And I agree with Mantis, the Blue Guardian would have been an amazing return, and it would have been quite a fight to see him go against Aku. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to the next episode.

"Progress is like a herd of pigs. While the herd has many benefits, one shouldn't wonder at all the shit"
-Zoltan Chivey
"We are the cleverest monsters, and we deserve everything we've got coming"
-David Axe
"Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side"
-Treebeard, LOTR
SardonicYuda
Harbinger of the Doomed Rat

Liked: 12049

Postby SardonicYuda » Mon May 15, 2017 11:28 pm

"Progress is like a herd of pigs. While the herd has many benefits, one shouldn't wonder at all the shit"
-Zoltan Chivey
-David Axe
-Treebeard, LOTR
SardonicYuda

Postby ManWithAPlan » Sun May 21, 2017 1:19 am

Someone care to explain that ending to me?

The word "misogyny" is like a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble.
ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Liked: 41510

Postby hemanth » Sun May 21, 2017 12:01 pm

ManWithAPlan wrote:Someone care to explain that ending to me?

The GrandFather paradox.
If you were to go back in time and kill your grandfather when he was a boy(no chance to have kids)
then neither your parent nor you would have been born
but if you were never born
it would be impossible for you to go back in time and kill your grandfather,
so.............

That's what happened( at least with Ashi, as Aku was her father)

Anyway, it was overall a good ending to the series. Nice to see a series to actually be given a proper ending rather than an abrupt one like they did to Teen Titans. I must admit, my eyes were a little moist.

vlcsnap-2017-05-21-22h13m50s344.png
vlcsnap-2017-05-21-22h13m50s344.png (741.45 KiB) Viewed 47 times

hemanth

Liked: 217

Postby Mantis Shrimp » Sun May 21, 2017 4:41 pm

hemanth wrote:Anyway, it was overall a good ending to the series. Nice to see a series to actually be given a proper ending rather than an abrupt one like they did to Teen Titans. I must admit, my eyes were a little moist.

Agreed, it was a good ending. It did feel rushed, however that's because this season only had 10 episodes as opposed to the previous 4 seasons' 13. I also would have liked to have seen the future that was teased in the episode where Jack fights the portal guardian come to fruition, but for what it's worth this was a good ending to the series.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
My favorite part of the episode was when Jack's allies came to rescue him from his execution. Watching all those failiar faces battle Aku was the highlight of the episode.

Two of my other favorite scenes were Jack's reunion with the Scotsman, and when the giant stone samurai from season 4 made a comeback, and proceeded to punch Aku in the face multiple times.

Image :lol:

Oh and Jack's facial expression from 4:06 in the part 3 vid above has already started on the path to becoming a meme:

"Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine." -Nikola Tesla

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue. -Plato

A man without a woman is like a fish without a hook.
Mantis Shrimp
Established Member

Liked: 4917

Postby Mantis Shrimp » Sun May 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Although the ending to the episode was good, I prefer the ending to the IDW Samurai Jack comics released a few years ago:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Jack, now the old warrior king seen in the vision from the episode with the time portal guardian, has amassed a large rebellion. The members include allies from past seasons (including ones that didn't make a comeback in the final episode,
as well as new characters introduced in the comic. Jack, while talking to a scribe, reveals that he has made peace with never returning to the past, stating:

When I began my quest man years ago, I thought that if I could return to the past, it would make everything right...

...I was wrong.

The past is an ideal we can never recapture. We must always look ahead... learning from what has been but not letting ourselves be controlled by it.

I actually like this idea of Jack choosing to remain in the future better than if he returned to the past. He made many allies in the future, and helped many who were suffering under Aku's reign. By going back to the past and undoing Aku's evil, those people he met would most likely have never existed. Considering the impact he has had on their lives, and vice versa, I thought it was more fitting that he chose to remain in the future with them.

The comic ends with Jack and his army charging Aku's tower, ending on a cliffhanger, albeit an upbeat and optimistic one.

Link to the IDW SJ comics:

1st issue: http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Samurai ... -1?id=2807

Last issue: http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Samurai ... ?id=2823#1

"Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine." -Nikola Tesla

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue. -Plato

A man without a woman is like a fish without a hook.
Mantis Shrimp
Established Member

Liked: 4917

Postby ManWithAPlan » Sun May 21, 2017 5:40 pm

hemanth wrote:

The GrandFather paradox.
If you were to go back in time and kill your grandfather when he was a boy(no chance to have kids)
so.............

Anyway, it was overall a good ending to the series. Nice to see a series to actually be given a proper ending rather than an abrupt one like they did to Teen Titans. I must admit, my eyes were a little moist.

I get all of that, I just don't get why he was happy after seeing the ladybug.

The word "misogyny" is like a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble.
ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Liked: 41510

Postby SardonicYuda » Sun May 21, 2017 11:42 pm

ManWithAPlan wrote:
hemanth wrote:

The GrandFather paradox.
so.............

I get all of that, I just don't get why he was happy after seeing the ladybug.

kinda how Ashi and Jack first bonded, since she always had a love of nature and she realised Jack was right about Aku all along because he didn't crush the ladybug like her mother did(when they escaped from inside the giant creature)

-Zoltan Chivey
-David Axe
-Treebeard, LOTR
SardonicYuda

Postby hansmoleman » Mon May 22, 2017 1:11 am

where does samurai jack get fuel for his motorcycle?

hansmoleman
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 8049

Postby SardonicYuda » Mon May 22, 2017 2:06 am

hansmoleman wrote:where does samurai jack get fuel for his motorcycle?

probably from all the robot beetles he kills. harvests their oil n stuff

-Zoltan Chivey
-David Axe
-Treebeard, LOTR
SardonicYuda

Previous

Return to Television, Film, Books, and Blogs