Cyclists going their own way

The MGTOWHQ Sports Section! Discuss all things sports-related here!

Cyclists going their own way

Postby Kcorain130 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:47 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4779206/Why-middle-aged-men-cycling-s-NOT-fit.html

Middle aged male cyclists going their own way :lol:

Note the talk of spending lots of time away from home, to get away from the complexities of modern life...

Also note the idea that all this has been linked (even jokingly) to some sort of mid life crisis...

Right... because a man wanting to get away from it all for a while and enjoy some peace and quiet and exercise is "mid life crisis," isn't it :roll:

One might even say that they are getting MGTOW moments of peace and serenity!

To be nobody but myself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting. -E.E. Cummings

When relationships with others are nothing but cost with no benefit, there can only be one outcome: more and more men looking out only for themselves. We get to the point where the only person we will trust is ourselves. That could be a great thing, or it could be a terrible thing - I don't know. But I do know that I have no other choice. - Mongolking
Kcorain130
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 7489

Re: Cyclists going their own way

Postby Cherubino » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm

Kcorain130 wrote:the complexities of modern lwife...

you are welcome.

“I learned a long time ago that some people will bitch at you regardless of what you do so you might as well do what makes you happy.” - TDG
“There will always be useful idiots, it's just a matter of who's using them.” - SardonicYuda
Cherubino
Established Member

Liked: 3355

Postby TDG » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:08 am

My girlfriends father is an avid cyclist and he does it to escape the incessant nagging masquerading as 'helping' that his wife and three daughters insist on giving him.

I've spoken to my gf about this and she even admitted that he's happy but 'she worries about his future'. I told her to worry about her own damn future instead of others, particularly her father who has his shit together.

But hey, women 'just want to help' to fix a problem that doesn't exist, but may exist down the road so they feel compelled morally obligated to nag offer advice to that person incessantly.

Solipsism is a feature and not a bug. - TDG

In the long run, men making themselves happy makes women happy. Men trying to please women makes women miserable. Source: all of human history. - fairi5fair

There is nothing women ruin with such predictability as their own lives. - Alpha Game

She's not yours, she's just your turn. - Dudeist Priest

1. Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, the third time it's enemy action.
2. If someone shows you who they are, believe them.
- Demosthenes
TDG
One Disgruntled Bastard

Liked: 63912

Postby Demosthenes » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:42 am

TDG wrote:My girlfriends father is an avid cyclist and he does it to escape the incessant nagging masquerading as 'helping' that his wife and three daughters insist on giving him.

I've spoken to my gf about this and she even admitted that he's happy but 'she worries about his future'. I told her to worry about her own damn future instead of others, particularly her father who has his shit together.

But hey, women 'just want to help' to fix a problem that doesn't exist, but may exist down the road so they feel compelled morally obligated to nag offer advice to that person incessantly.

Women love fixing problems that do not exist is because they get to claim credit for doing something that already required nothing - no real thought or effort. Then women turn it around and try to use that credit immediately (or later) to get other things - like favors of time, energy, resources, attention, whatever.

And all she had to do was draw the line somewhere and claim to have fixed a problem that wasn't there. Suddenly, she is 'your friend that did something for you, and remember that time when she did something for you, so now it's time to do something for her cause that's what friends do.

It's close to drawing a line where she is and claiming she's won (solving the problem), but instead of just getting attention and validation, she also might get something else out of solving a problem that did not exist to begin with.

Arrogance in persons of merit affronts us more than arrogance in those without merit. Merit itself is an affront. - Nietzsche
-----
Women don't owe men anything. Not a smile. Not sex, Not even empathy or compassion. Men don't owe women anything either. Not interest. Not resources. And definitely not commitment or children.
-----
Somewhere in a lonely hotel room there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2AM.
------
Make sure you want it this way, 'cause when it's done this time, I'll be gone. - Benatar
Demosthenes
Freezing Cold Sanity

Liked: 28614

Return to Sports