Mandela Effect

Forum for conspiracy theories, following the money, cover-ups, etc.

Re: Mandela Effect

Postby womanhater » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:58 pm

And as to the KJV/Book of Common Prayer discrepancies - does it make sense to you that two books written at essentially the same time (BCP during the reign of Elizabeth and the KJV published during the reign of her successor James though started during her reign) by many of the same people would translate such crucial passages differently? Especially when the new religion based its authority on the inerrency of scripture?

Child support is the worst and most likely STD you'll contract from a woman.

"Responsibility is women's kryptonite." - TFM

#DIVORCEMARRIAGE
womanhater
Gender Warlord

Liked: 38585

Postby DrunkenMaster » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:41 am

Yes it does , having personally witnessed tradesmen who build the same thing the same way everyday suddenly deviate after years of repetition and have no recall or explanation , it is us who are the constant in the equation . From gmo's in our food to high fructose corn syrup in everything to genetically engineered animals that are stuffed full of antibiotics and steroids and growth hormones which we all consume as well petro chemicals used as a base for some foods and also as artificial fertilizers , meat that is actually soaked in ammonia to "cleanse " it then packaged and sold to us . Our entire food chain is damaged , add in the high levels of radiation due to reactor meltdowns that we know of . The list of possible and potential damaging factors that could affect our brain function not to mention the effect of time itself wear and tear as well as replicative fade and error as our cells replace themselves also the factor that our brains do not regenerate as such due to how nerve cells die off and are not replenished . Myself I am 47 and have noticed a decrease in mental acuity and reaction times from when I was much younger , I understand you are senior to me . I do not question your faculties on the contrary I respect a lot , while I like to entertain in passing the concepts of multiple universes and timelines until we can find chronotons and isolate the waves that they compose in order to travel in multiple directions I an skeptical . I was although quite happy when they isolated graviton waves recently .

The constant is that there is no constant , the universe is dynamic and ever changing , so hence change is the constant.
DrunkenMaster
8 ways drunken master

Liked: 7038

Postby womanhater » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:06 am

#DIVORCEMARRIAGE
womanhater
Gender Warlord

Postby bob » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:10 pm

looks like you are not alone, check out the bottom entry here:

Attachments
Screenshot_20161212-210224.png
Screenshot_20161212-210224.png (194.96 KiB) Viewed 1839 times
"THOSE AREN'T FEELINGS...THOSE ARE LIES YOUR DICK IS TELLING TO YOU!!!" - Chef
bob
Deplorable and Irredeemable

Liked: 12429

Postby bob » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:37 pm

now the CERN guys have IMDB running interference! from.

Like Casablanca (1942), this movie contains a famous misquoted line: most people quote Lecter's famous "Good evening, Clarice" as "Hello, Clarice." This line did, however, appear in the sequel, Hannibal. In Hannibal, when Dr. Lecter and Clarice (now played by Julianne Moore) speak on the phone for the first time, he does in fact say "Hello Clarice". This was possibly put in by the writers of Hannibal as an inside joke in reference to the misquoting of the original movie.

I know I fucking heard "hello Clarice " - I use it jokingly with any woman whose name ends with "-ice" !!!

"THOSE AREN'T FEELINGS...THOSE ARE LIES YOUR DICK IS TELLING TO YOU!!!" - Chef
bob
Deplorable and Irredeemable

Liked: 12429

Postby TheWanderer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:56 am

A scary fact of life is that memories are very imperfect. I dare say many memories are false or at least altered significantly from what really happened. A kid won't think anything of how "Berenstain" is spelled, he's just going to think of how it sounds. Then when he grows up he notices the spelling for the first time...he never really paid attention to it as a kid. Nothing changed, it's just false memories getting worked up.

If TPTB were going to change reality with...whatever they'd be doing that with then they wouldn't be doing it to kid's books. They would do it to the physical world or bank accounts or history or whatever. The current idea of the Mandela Effect is like if TPTB used time travel to change the labeling of packages. If this was more than false memory we'd be constantly seeing big changes that didn't jive with our memories, like changed towns and cities, changed homes, changed roads, changed history.

Sure is a fun idea but in this instance it seems we're only up against our own false memories. Our conscious selves care about accuracy but our brains don't necessarily.

TheWanderer
Established Member

Liked: 897

Postby hemanth » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:08 pm

learn something new everyday.
Cautiously,, I will say it's possible.

AS evidence, we have no further to look than Brexit and Trump.

The Powers That Be have better knowledge and planning than we do.

They have us outgunned, out-maneuvered AND outnumbered .

Despite this, the best laid plans went awry.

Almost as if destiny itself had been altered.

Or is it a case of Man Proposes, but...

hemanth
Established Member

Liked: 470

Postby No4Dad » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Some of the things that have been pointed out are more of myth than anything.

"Play it again, Sam" - never happened but it is common to hear it. I forget where it originated from but it was some skit done as a parody/tribute to Casablanca which never uttered those words. I think that there's a lot of this "mis-hearing" things that take on a life of their own.

Star Wars', "Luke, I am your father," and "Life was like a box of chocolates," from Forrest Gump may play into this "mishearing" deal. That being said, I saw a video where a guy claimed to have watched Star Wars 500-600 times and only recently had it changed. In my head, if he had it wrong and was that much of a Star War fan then he would have noticed it WAY earlier and he would have been the guy saying, "No.. Everyone thinks it's that way but it's not. It's, "No, I am your father."" That's what you'd think a true fan would do/say. They'd pick up on that little bullshit and correct you.

For Forrest, it can make sense because he's talking about his mom in the past tense and, again, may have been misheard. I'm not saying it was because I, too, have experienced the Mandela effect and it's pretty strange.

Some glaring ones for me:

Chic-fil-a - I remember thinking as a kid that it was an odd spelling but they had great chicken sandwiches and who was I to complain. Now's it's "Chick-fil-a". When I first realized it was "Chick" in the last few years (maybe a decade) instead of "Chic" I thought, "I wonder why they changed their name - stupid marketing people.." I never realized that in the current reality (which, right there, makes me sound crazy) that it had always been, "Chick-fil-a". Let me pose this to you: Wouldn't it be far more likely for me to not remember "chick" as "chic"? It wasn't like "Chick" was a new word or anything and, in context, it makes perfect sense. So, "Chic" would be the outlier. If it were always "Chick", which makes absolute sense, then my mind never would have come up with "Chic".

Star Wars: C3POs leg: It's now silver (well, the lower portion). This is one where, when I first saw it, I thought, "Wow? Why is his leg silver? That isn't the way it's supposed to be.. Stupid Lucas - always fucking with his films!" Apparently, again, in this reality, it has always been sliver. That's a detail I, and my friends, would have definitely picked up on when we were kids. He was always completely gold to us.

The Bible changing is freaky. Never heard the "Wolf and the lamb" even after a few decades of going to church and Sunday school until now. It was always the "Lion and the lamb".

"Mirror, Mirror" vs "Magic Mirror" - this is one which I think is people just saying the wrong thing and enough say the wrong thing to where that's the thing you say. I remember first being corrected on this when Snow White came out on LD in the early 1990s and thinking, "Uh - so that's what she's actually saying..." It also makes more sense to say, "Magic Mirror on the wall," than to say, "Mirror, Mirror on the wall.."

In summary, I actually think something is happening. At the same time, I think people are taking "false memories" of just about anything and attributing them to this.

Fuck SJWs. Fuck CNN.
No4Dad
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 18094

Postby Orangutan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:00 pm

No4Dad wrote:"Mirror, Mirror" vs "Magic Mirror" - this is one which I think is people just saying the wrong thing and enough say the wrong thing to where that's the thing you say.

Problem is the geographical distribution of people who remember otherwise.

We're all from different places (continents even), but experience the same thing. Most of us were raised with these memories from before the internet too.

Orangutan
Banana Republican

Liked: 5990

Postby No4Dad » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:32 pm

fairi5fair wrote:They were singing Queen's "We are the Champions". At the end of the song, they all were braced for the last "...of the world!" that ends the song, but it never came. It never comes anymore because it never existed, but we have video of 3.25 celebrities looking very confused about it*. I always remember the last line ringing out "...of the world!".

I always remember, even as a kid, the "..of the world!"-bit missing. Missing in a frustrated way like, "Hey, why didn't the put it in there. It belongs. How did they get that part so wrong??

This was when the song was new.

Fuck SJWs. Fuck CNN.
No4Dad
MGTOW Veteran

Postby JohnnyComeLately » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:33 pm

I have a distinct memory of Donald Trump winning the 2016 US election, but it turns out it was actually literally Hitler.

JohnnyComeLately
Established Member

Liked: 6828

Postby No4Dad » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:54 am

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. You still exist. I still exist. I still have to go to work and pay bills, as do you. Also, if it is a thing there's really nothing you can do about it.

Fuck SJWs. Fuck CNN.
No4Dad
MGTOW Veteran

Postby hemanth » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Not really related, but check out the wording in this article about the Oscar Night Fiasco
Where, naturally, they simply HAVE to mention Trump,

Did the Oscars Just Prove That We Are Living in a Computer Simulation?

Nothing like this has remotely happened before. This wasn’t just a minor kerfuffle. This was a major malfunction. Trump cannot be President—forgetting all the bounds of ideology, no one vaguely like him has ever existed in the long list of Presidents, good, bad, and indifferent, no one remotely as oafish or as crude or as obviously unfit. People don’t say “Grab ’em by the pussy” and get elected President. Can’t happen. In the same way, while there have been Oscar controversies before—tie votes and rejected trophies—never before has there been an occasion when the entirely wrong movie was given the award, the speeches delivered, and then another movie put in its place. That doesn’t happen. Ever.

And so both of these bizarre events put one in mind of a simple but arresting thesis: that we are living in the Matrix, and something has gone wrong with the controllers

I just want to use this to point out how unlikely his victory was-
-because all the powerful people backed Hillary.

There may be not merely a glitch in the Matrix. There may be a Loki, a prankster, suddenly running it. After all, the same kind of thing seemed to happen on Election Day: the program was all set, and then some mischievous overlord—whether alien or artificial intelligence doesn’t matter—said, “Well, what if he did win? How would they react?” “You can’t do that to them,” the wiser, older Architect said. “Oh, c’mon,” the kid said. “It’ll be funny. Let’s see what they do!” And then it happened.

Or perhaps, let us pray, it’s just that someone forgot to plug in an important part of the machine, and, when they spot the problem, they’ll plug us back in to the usual psychological circuits. Let’s hope for a sudden mysterious surge of energy, and then normalcy again. But don’t count on it. Expect the worst. Oh, wait. It’s already happened

In sum, Trump was not supposed to win.
It was not part of the plan-it was not an option.
Something went wrong somewhere.
Or right?

hemanth
Established Member

Liked: 470

Postby No4Dad » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:09 pm

hemanth wrote:In sum, Trump was not supposed to win.
It was not part of the plan-it was not an option.
Something went wrong somewhere.
Or right?

The Progs are off the rails.

I've seen more than one FB and elsewhere post of people saying, "Yeah, I no longer want to be associated with the Democrat Party..." and it's because they're fucking crazy off the rails. It's not just, "Oh, Trump's not our guy," but, "Trump is literally Hitler!," plus all of the crazy protests/violence.

If you look at the number of seats that they currently hold, you have to go back to 1920 to see this kind of low in the Democrat party.

From what I understand, even some prominent Democrats are saying, quietly, of course, "We need to reel in the crazies..." Yet the crazies keep doubling down.

Fuck SJWs. Fuck CNN.
No4Dad
MGTOW Veteran

Postby The Signal » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:41 pm

Literally.

"That word you keep using--I do not think it means what you think it means."

Feminism means we only ever blame one sex for anything.
The Signal
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 9645

Postby fairi5fair » Thu May 18, 2017 10:13 pm

Most thorough presentation of effects and residuals I've seen:

Time and space are not things. They are parameters by which human beings give definition to things within their existential corporeal lives. But time and space have absolutely no meaning in ultimate reality. -Ken Wheeler

MGTOW is just a label we put on something that happens naturally. You don't need to be aware of the phenomenon for it to occur. -ManWithAPlan
fairi5fair
Guerrilla Anthropologist

Liked: 12355

Postby EddieS » Fri May 19, 2017 2:45 am

fairi5fair wrote:Most thorough presentation of effects and residuals I've seen:

Very good.

Interesting what the young fella was saying. Same studio (same reality/space), different timeline. Which is what I also suspect. Something is happening with time.

I also wonder if this has always been happening. It's just the awareness that is changing. Or more accurately, getting louder. There is something to be said about the increasing numbers on the autistic spectrum over the last few decades in that regard as well.

I don't believe the hadron collider destroying our universitie thing tho.

the dark isn't dark
EddieS
Grungle

Liked: 16454

Postby WheelBarrow » Sat May 20, 2017 12:39 pm

I had the opportunity to view Star Wars Silver Screen Edition by Team Negative 1 recently. Yes, they made their release known a bit over a year ago and news travels slow out here, so sue me! Anyway, the opening scenes show C3PO and R2D2 and another C3PO like droid on Leia's ship. Yes, C3PO has a silver lower right leg portion below the knee. In other shots it either isn't obvious or the lightning is such that the color contrast is subdued. The other PO type droid in the opening scene is all silver.

According to everything I read about it, this was taken from a reel print that dates back to the late '70s found in Spain and should be only a couple of generations removed from the original negative and is not something that was released on home video or from the late '90s release. The opening credits did not reference "Episode IV: A New Hope" or words to that effect.

It was fun watching what is likely the closest thing to the actual theatrical release as I did not get to see it in its first run in the theaters.

“Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington

"A tattoo on a hot woman is like a bumper sticker on a Ferrari" -- unknown man with discriminating taste.
WheelBarrow
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 8773

Postby womanhater » Mon May 22, 2017 1:28 am

WheelBarrow wrote:I had the opportunity to view Star Wars Silver Screen Edition by Team Negative 1 recently. Yes, they made their release known a bit over a year ago and news travels slow out here, so sue me! Anyway, the opening scenes show C3PO and R2D2 and another C3PO like droid on Leia's ship. Yes, C3PO has a silver lower right leg portion below the knee. In other shots it either isn't obvious or the lightning is such that the color contrast is subdued. The other PO type droid in the opening scene is all silver.

According to everything I read about it, this was taken from a reel print that dates back to the late '70s found in Spain and should be only a couple of generations removed from the original negative and is not something that was released on home video or from the late '90s release. The opening credits did not reference "Episode IV: A New Hope" or words to that effect.

It was fun watching what is likely the closest thing to the actual theatrical release as I did not get to see it in its first run in the theaters.

You're either an experiencer or you're not. For those of us who are, the whole fucking nature of reality is suspect. I know good and fucking well that my excellent memory and rote memorizations from childhood are not fucked. When it affects you, it's like a kick to the balls.

#DIVORCEMARRIAGE
womanhater
Gender Warlord

Postby No4Dad » Sat May 27, 2017 1:20 am

I just had one:

I listen to Beyond the Darkness (was: Darkness Radio). It's something I enjoy at night with the stories of UFOs, ghosts, shadow people, etc. I just enjoy the stories, some better than others. Some of the people telling their tales just makes your eyes roll but there are some that are really captivating.

One of the topics is cryptids which I really don't get into. The guest was talking about Florida cryptids and one of them was the Florida black panther. I was listening to him thinking, "Why is he saying that? It's just "Florida panther" and of course they're black." It'd be like saying, "African Grey Elephant". It's just "African Elephant" and of course they're grey. All elephants are grey unless you have some kind of genetic mutation.

I should interject: I grew up in Florida back before a lot of the development and, as a kid, I paid attention to the animals of Florida because I thought it was cool that we had stuff besides gators and snakes. You have black bears in Florida, for example, and I thought that was cool.

So this guy keeps talking about it and how no one believes you if you say you've come across a Florida black panther (again, why is he saying it??). I stop, look it up and, apparently, there's no such thing or, at least, it's not recognized by science. It's more of a big foot, sort of creature where people will laugh at you if you talk about it. There is a Florida panther but it's golden / brown in color.

The thing is, I remember, specifically, the Florida panther being black and that's just the way they came. There was no version of it other than black. I remember the license plates in Florida dedicated to the panther and them having a black panther on them (that doesn't exist, now).

For those of you who think this is just some bullshit: Imagine waking up tomorrow and some stupid thing which you've always known to be true is no longer true. Imagine, for example, that people started talking about elephants as if they were cryptids only known to lore and you're thinking, "WTF? Elephants have always been around. I remember seeing them on TV. I don't go looking for elephant videos every day but I remember seeing them on TV when I was a kid or learning about them in school, etc." ...but they no longer exist and never have.

It's weird.

Fuck SJWs. Fuck CNN.
No4Dad
MGTOW Veteran

Postby womanhater » Sat May 27, 2017 2:41 am

No4Dad wrote:I just had one:

I listen to Beyond the Darkness (was: Darkness Radio). It's something I enjoy at night with the stories of UFOs, ghosts, shadow people, etc. I just enjoy the stories, some better than others. Some of the people telling their tales just makes your eyes roll but there are some that are really captivating.

One of the topics is cryptids which I really don't get into. The guest was talking about Florida cryptids and one of them was the Florida black panther. I was listening to him thinking, "Why is he saying that? It's just "Florida panther" and of course they're black." It'd be like saying, "African Grey Elephant". It's just "African Elephant" and of course they're grey. All elephants are grey unless you have some kind of genetic mutation.

I should interject: I grew up in Florida back before a lot of the development and, as a kid, I paid attention to the animals of Florida because I thought it was cool that we had stuff besides gators and snakes. You have black bears in Florida, for example, and I thought that was cool.

So this guy keeps talking about it and how no one believes you if you say you've come across a Florida black panther (again, why is he saying it??). I stop, look it up and, apparently, there's no such thing or, at least, it's not recognized by science. It's more of a big foot, sort of creature where people will laugh at you if you talk about it. There is a Florida panther but it's golden / brown in color.

The thing is, I remember, specifically, the Florida panther being black and that's just the way they came. There was no version of it other than black. I remember the license plates in Florida dedicated to the panther and them having a black panther on them (that doesn't exist, now).

For those of you who think this is just some bullshit: Imagine waking up tomorrow and some stupid thing which you've always known to be true is no longer true. Imagine, for example, that people started talking about elephants as if they were cryptids only known to lore and you're thinking, "WTF? Elephants have always been around. I remember seeing them on TV. I don't go looking for elephant videos every day but I remember seeing them on TV when I was a kid or learning about them in school, etc." ...but they no longer exist and never have.

It's weird.

That's a good one. I too recall Florida panthers that were always black.

#DIVORCEMARRIAGE
womanhater
Gender Warlord

Postby No4Dad » Wed May 31, 2017 3:01 pm

A couple of things that are kind of stupid with regards to the Mandela effect:

The misunderstanding of photography:

Zooming / Compression:
Some videos will show, in one picture, say, the Statue of Liberty fairly close to Manhattan and then another where it's way far away. This is a compression artifact caused by zooming and is fairly well known. If I zoom in 10x on a subject then everything behind that subject is zoomed in 10x closer (the compression) and you can make really far away objects look really close to your subject.

"Oh, man, you can totally see where Liberty Island and shifted closer in the space/time continuum between this picture and the next..." - No. You don't understand photography.

Perspective:
We've all done the photo where you pinch your fingers or hold your palm out and place someone or something either between your pinched fingers or in your palm. That doesn't make you a giant.

Christ the Redeemer is one where this shows:
"You can clearly see where the statue has grown from the past..."
No.. Pretty sure that's just someone further down the steps taking a picture of people on the steps and trying to Christ the Redeemer into the background. It doesn't make the statue barely taller than the people back in the 1940s or the statue super-tall now from a helicopter's perspective.

A misunderstanding of history /geography:

"I totally don't remember..." - just because you don't remember something doesn't mean it didn't happen.. You may have just not been taught it or may have forgotten it.

"I totally remember the line from the movie..." Maybe.. A lot of pop culture changes/augments/simplifies lines to where you look back and say, "Oh, I can't believe they never said that..." - well, you used to do that. Now you just say, "Totally Mandela Effect"

It's not to say that there aren't strange things happening but just because some strange things are happening doesn't mean that everything is strange. Forgetting where you put your keys isn't the Mandela Effect, it's you forgetting where you put your keys.

A lot of the videos have a lot of "eye-rolling bullshit" in them like this.

Fuck SJWs. Fuck CNN.
No4Dad
MGTOW Veteran

Postby womanhater » Wed May 31, 2017 8:43 pm

No4Dad wrote:A couple of things that are kind of stupid with regards to the Mandela effect:

The misunderstanding of photography:

Zooming / Compression:
Some videos will show, in one picture, say, the Statue of Liberty fairly close to Manhattan and then another where it's way far away. This is a compression artifact caused by zooming and is fairly well known. If I zoom in 10x on a subject then everything behind that subject is zoomed in 10x closer (the compression) and you can make really far away objects look really close to your subject.

"Oh, man, you can totally see where Liberty Island and shifted closer in the space/time continuum between this picture and the next..." - No. You don't understand photography.

Perspective:
We've all done the photo where you pinch your fingers or hold your palm out and place someone or something either between your pinched fingers or in your palm. That doesn't make you a giant.

Christ the Redeemer is one where this shows:
"You can clearly see where the statue has grown from the past..."
No.. Pretty sure that's just someone further down the steps taking a picture of people on the steps and trying to Christ the Redeemer into the background. It doesn't make the statue barely taller than the people back in the 1940s or the statue super-tall now from a helicopter's perspective.

A misunderstanding of history /geography:

"I totally don't remember..." - just because you don't remember something doesn't mean it didn't happen.. You may have just not been taught it or may have forgotten it.

"I totally remember the line from the movie..." Maybe.. A lot of pop culture changes/augments/simplifies lines to where you look back and say, "Oh, I can't believe they never said that..." - well, you used to do that. Now you just say, "Totally Mandela Effect"

It's not to say that there aren't strange things happening but just because some strange things are happening doesn't mean that everything is strange. Forgetting where you put your keys isn't the Mandela Effect, it's you forgetting where you put your keys.

A lot of the videos have a lot of "eye-rolling bullshit" in them like this.

How does photography/compression issues explain changes in bible verses, geography, historical events and corporate logos?

#DIVORCEMARRIAGE
womanhater
Gender Warlord

Postby TheWanderer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:30 am

Why don't we see changing numbers in bank accounts, changing election results, major historical events changed, the results of wars changed, etc?

The initial example that kicked it off was some people thinking Nelson Mandela died in prison many years back but after that all of the examples are very minor changes to names, products, movies, quotes, etc. And all of these are very easily explained by highly faulty human memory.

Now if we wake up tomorrow and Hitlerly is suddenly president then there will be a reason to believe in the Mandela Effect. :lol:

TheWanderer
Established Member

Liked: 897

Postby No4Dad » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:33 am

womanhater wrote:How does photography/compression issues explain changes in bible verses, geography, historical events and corporate logos?

Sorry. The point I was trying to make wasn't that something odd might not be happening, but that, if you watch the videos, quite literally anything that is odd or they (the video maker) don't remember/know is "Mandela Effect". Compression in photos doesn't prove shit is moving. Any one of us can go out today and take a completely zoomed out shot and then take a completely zoomed in shot and say, "Oh, look! The shit got closer!!"

The Bible stuff is weird. You have people, preachers, etc. who's entire life was to study the Bible and know it inside out and suddenly it's "the wolf and the lamb" and I think the word "stuff" appears in there now and other anomalies.

The Chic-fil-a deal is weird. I remember, as a kid, making jokes like it was a fancy French chicken restaurant because of it's spelling. "Ze Chic-fil-a..."

Fuck SJWs. Fuck CNN.
No4Dad
MGTOW Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Area 51