Mandela Effect

Forum for conspiracy theories, following the money, cover-ups, etc.

Re: Mandela Effect

Postby womanhater » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:58 pm

And as to the KJV/Book of Common Prayer discrepancies - does it make sense to you that two books written at essentially the same time (BCP during the reign of Elizabeth and the KJV published during the reign of her successor James though started during her reign) by many of the same people would translate such crucial passages differently? Especially when the new religion based its authority on the inerrency of scripture?

"Sexual attraction towards women is a disease, and we have to thank modern feminism for providing us with its cure." - MPAV8R

"Women don't owe men anything. Not a smile. Not sex, Not even empathy or compassion. Men don't owe women anything either. Not interest. Not resources. And definitely not commitment or children." - Demosthenes

"Women's definition of oppression is being held accountable for their actions." - Mr.Fenrir

"This world needs to burn in holy nuclear fire." - hansmoleman
womanhater
Gender Warlord

Liked: 33882

Postby DrunkenMaster » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:41 am

Yes it does , having personally witnessed tradesmen who build the same thing the same way everyday suddenly deviate after years of repetition and have no recall or explanation , it is us who are the constant in the equation . From gmo's in our food to high fructose corn syrup in everything to genetically engineered animals that are stuffed full of antibiotics and steroids and growth hormones which we all consume as well petro chemicals used as a base for some foods and also as artificial fertilizers , meat that is actually soaked in ammonia to "cleanse " it then packaged and sold to us . Our entire food chain is damaged , add in the high levels of radiation due to reactor meltdowns that we know of . The list of possible and potential damaging factors that could affect our brain function not to mention the effect of time itself wear and tear as well as replicative fade and error as our cells replace themselves also the factor that our brains do not regenerate as such due to how nerve cells die off and are not replenished . Myself I am 47 and have noticed a decrease in mental acuity and reaction times from when I was much younger , I understand you are senior to me . I do not question your faculties on the contrary I respect a lot , while I like to entertain in passing the concepts of multiple universes and timelines until we can find chronotons and isolate the waves that they compose in order to travel in multiple directions I an skeptical . I was although quite happy when they isolated graviton waves recently .

The constant is that there is no constant , the universe is dynamic and ever changing , so hence change is the constant.
DrunkenMaster
8 ways drunken master

Liked: 6606

Postby womanhater » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:06 am

"Sexual attraction towards women is a disease, and we have to thank modern feminism for providing us with its cure." - MPAV8R

"Women don't owe men anything. Not a smile. Not sex, Not even empathy or compassion. Men don't owe women anything either. Not interest. Not resources. And definitely not commitment or children." - Demosthenes

"Women's definition of oppression is being held accountable for their actions." - Mr.Fenrir

"This world needs to burn in holy nuclear fire." - hansmoleman
womanhater
Gender Warlord

Liked: 33882

Postby bob » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:10 pm

looks like you are not alone, check out the bottom entry here:

Attachments
Screenshot_20161212-210224.png
Screenshot_20161212-210224.png (194.96 KiB) Viewed 882 times
"THOSE AREN'T FEELINGS...THOSE ARE LIES YOUR DICK IS TELLING TO YOU!!!" - Chef
bob
Deplorable and Irredeemable

Liked: 11343

Postby bob » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:37 pm

now the CERN guys have IMDB running interference! from.

Like Casablanca (1942), this movie contains a famous misquoted line: most people quote Lecter's famous "Good evening, Clarice" as "Hello, Clarice." This line did, however, appear in the sequel, Hannibal. In Hannibal, when Dr. Lecter and Clarice (now played by Julianne Moore) speak on the phone for the first time, he does in fact say "Hello Clarice". This was possibly put in by the writers of Hannibal as an inside joke in reference to the misquoting of the original movie.

I know I fucking heard "hello Clarice " - I use it jokingly with any woman whose name ends with "-ice" !!!

"THOSE AREN'T FEELINGS...THOSE ARE LIES YOUR DICK IS TELLING TO YOU!!!" - Chef
bob
Deplorable and Irredeemable

Liked: 11343

Postby TheWanderer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:56 am

A scary fact of life is that memories are very imperfect. I dare say many memories are false or at least altered significantly from what really happened. A kid won't think anything of how "Berenstain" is spelled, he's just going to think of how it sounds. Then when he grows up he notices the spelling for the first time...he never really paid attention to it as a kid. Nothing changed, it's just false memories getting worked up.

If TPTB were going to change reality with...whatever they'd be doing that with then they wouldn't be doing it to kid's books. They would do it to the physical world or bank accounts or history or whatever. The current idea of the Mandela Effect is like if TPTB used time travel to change the labeling of packages. If this was more than false memory we'd be constantly seeing big changes that didn't jive with our memories, like changed towns and cities, changed homes, changed roads, changed history.

Sure is a fun idea but in this instance it seems we're only up against our own false memories. Our conscious selves care about accuracy but our brains don't necessarily.

TheWanderer
Established Member

Liked: 476

Postby hemanth » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:08 pm

learn something new everyday.
Cautiously,, I will say it's possible.

AS evidence, we have no further to look than Brexit and Trump.

The Powers That Be have better knowledge and planning than we do.

They have us outgunned, out-maneuvered AND outnumbered .

Despite this, the best laid plans went awry.

Almost as if destiny itself had been altered.

Or is it a case of Man Proposes, but...

hemanth
PROSPECT

Liked: 65

Postby No4Dad » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Some of the things that have been pointed out are more of myth than anything.

"Play it again, Sam" - never happened but it is common to hear it. I forget where it originated from but it was some skit done as a parody/tribute to Casablanca which never uttered those words. I think that there's a lot of this "mis-hearing" things that take on a life of their own.

Star Wars', "Luke, I am your father," and "Life was like a box of chocolates," from Forrest Gump may play into this "mishearing" deal. That being said, I saw a video where a guy claimed to have watched Star Wars 500-600 times and only recently had it changed. In my head, if he had it wrong and was that much of a Star War fan then he would have noticed it WAY earlier and he would have been the guy saying, "No.. Everyone thinks it's that way but it's not. It's, "No, I am your father."" That's what you'd think a true fan would do/say. They'd pick up on that little bullshit and correct you.

For Forrest, it can make sense because he's talking about his mom in the past tense and, again, may have been misheard. I'm not saying it was because I, too, have experienced the Mandela effect and it's pretty strange.

Some glaring ones for me:

Chic-fil-a - I remember thinking as a kid that it was an odd spelling but they had great chicken sandwiches and who was I to complain. Now's it's "Chick-fil-a". When I first realized it was "Chick" in the last few years (maybe a decade) instead of "Chic" I thought, "I wonder why they changed their name - stupid marketing people.." I never realized that in the current reality (which, right there, makes me sound crazy) that it had always been, "Chick-fil-a". Let me pose this to you: Wouldn't it be far more likely for me to not remember "chick" as "chic"? It wasn't like "Chick" was a new word or anything and, in context, it makes perfect sense. So, "Chic" would be the outlier. If it were always "Chick", which makes absolute sense, then my mind never would have come up with "Chic".

Star Wars: C3POs leg: It's now silver (well, the lower portion). This is one where, when I first saw it, I thought, "Wow? Why is his leg silver? That isn't the way it's supposed to be.. Stupid Lucas - always fucking with his films!" Apparently, again, in this reality, it has always been sliver. That's a detail I, and my friends, would have definitely picked up on when we were kids. He was always completely gold to us.

The Bible changing is freaky. Never heard the "Wolf and the lamb" even after a few decades of going to church and Sunday school until now. It was always the "Lion and the lamb".

"Mirror, Mirror" vs "Magic Mirror" - this is one which I think is people just saying the wrong thing and enough say the wrong thing to where that's the thing you say. I remember first being corrected on this when Snow White came out on LD in the early 1990s and thinking, "Uh - so that's what she's actually saying..." It also makes more sense to say, "Magic Mirror on the wall," than to say, "Mirror, Mirror on the wall.."

In summary, I actually think something is happening. At the same time, I think people are taking "false memories" of just about anything and attributing them to this.

No4Dad
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 13650

Postby Orangutan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:00 pm

No4Dad wrote:"Mirror, Mirror" vs "Magic Mirror" - this is one which I think is people just saying the wrong thing and enough say the wrong thing to where that's the thing you say.

Problem is the geographical distribution of people who remember otherwise.

We're all from different places (continents even), but experience the same thing. Most of us were raised with these memories from before the internet too.

Orangutan
Banana Republican

Liked: 4914

Postby No4Dad » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:32 pm

fairi5fair wrote:They were singing Queen's "We are the Champions". At the end of the song, they all were braced for the last "...of the world!" that ends the song, but it never came. It never comes anymore because it never existed, but we have video of 3.25 celebrities looking very confused about it*. I always remember the last line ringing out "...of the world!".

I always remember, even as a kid, the "..of the world!"-bit missing. Missing in a frustrated way like, "Hey, why didn't the put it in there. It belongs. How did they get that part so wrong??

This was when the song was new.

No4Dad
MGTOW Veteran

Postby JohnnyComeLately » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:33 pm

I have a distinct memory of Donald Trump winning the 2016 US election, but it turns out it was actually literally Hitler.

JohnnyComeLately
Established Member

Liked: 6057

Postby No4Dad » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:54 am

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. You still exist. I still exist. I still have to go to work and pay bills, as do you. Also, if it is a thing there's really nothing you can do about it.

No4Dad
MGTOW Veteran

Previous

Return to Area 51