Found something useful today.

Got something meaningful to say? Philosophical discussions go here.

Found something useful today.

Postby ManWithAPlan » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:14 pm

And learned something new.

all_in_chocolate wrote:That's so 2003...

de-beers-right-hand.jpg

De Beers made a killing with that ad campaign, by the way.

The campaign was a massive success, increasing diamond sales by up to 15% and winning the ad industry’s prestigious Gold EFFIE Award.

https://www.mgtowhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17631

Decided to look into what the fuck an EFFIE award was, and boy did it not disappoint.

Look at this shit. They not only tell you about manipulating people, but they show you exactly how they do it. What research and effort went into it, etc. Fucking amazing if you ask me. You know how when you were a kid and always loved the pictures of cross sectioned shit like a cruise ship, battle ship, airplane, tank, submarine, etc? This is the fucking adult version of that shit.

The word "misogyny" is like a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble.
ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Liked: 43479

Re: Found something useful today.

Postby BeijaFlor » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:51 pm

Interesting ... advertising has come a long way, apparently, from the days of Vance Packard's The Hidden Persuaders.

vance-packard-hidden-persuaders.jpg
vance-packard-hidden-persuaders.jpg (20.78 KiB) Viewed 656 times

It's not how bad you fuck up, it's how well you recover. - toolate

Feminists didn't remove the chains women thought they were wearing, they removed the chains that men didn't even know they were wearing. - Fray Bentos

Christ forgives. Mgtow, not so much. - EddieS

There are no solutions, only trade-offs. - Thomas Sowell
BeijaFlor
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 6975

Postby toolate » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:38 pm

My emotional relationship with Ritz crackers finally took a big dump.

Package size manipulation starting in 2008 now followed by a huge change in the product itself. Tasteless crumbly crap.

No amount of advertising can compensate for a bad product or bad customer service.

The two videos are plenty cringe worthy. Reading trade magazines can be very telling, especially the advertising world. Most businesses thrives on stupid people buying useless crap and services they don't need.

"If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl" -HLM
toolate
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 11562

Postby Merlin » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:46 pm

I purposely ignore ads. I look away or only at the spot where the X will be on Android ads. I fast forward through ads on any recorded TV program. I mute anything that gets past my popup and ad blockers.

I can't be sold anymore. If I want something I do the research and choose the product that fits my needs. No ad in the world will change that behavior for me.

When speaking with most women I find my capacity to give a damn has been overshadowed by an over abundance of go fuck yourself.

I looked into the abyss. At first I was afraid but then I looked further and studied it. After a while I began to understand the abyss. Then the abyss looked back at me, I smiled and it ran.
Merlin
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 10923

Postby hansmoleman » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:58 pm

Look at those fucking heifers

Jesus...

hansmoleman
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 8396

Return to The Lads Night Inn