Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Talk politics, economics, house prices, taxation, globalisation and stuff here. Please don't fall out with each other!!!!

Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby Red Coolade » Mon May 15, 2017 1:32 pm

Dilbert.jpg
Dilbert.jpg (70.85 KiB) Viewed 667 times
Yep, Dilbert does it again!

Liberal heads exploding everywhere over his comic over global warming; cooling; climate change; whatever!

More from Breitbart:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... s-explode/

Some of his old fans just aren’t happy at this betrayal of The Cause:

"it’s a shame to see this as I used to think he was very funny. The Way of the Weasel was an awesome book.
it could be dementia – that is a thing that happens to people."

"On Scott Adams, his comic strip and thought processes have pretty clearly jumped the shark."

"The man has become a dangerous idiot."

"I guess 30-ish years of minor fame and a little bit of pussy took his brain for a ride."

No doubt it is an accident of the pen. But the “climate scientist” in the cartoon bears more than a passing resemblance to Michael Mann, globally renowned inventor of the “Hockey Stick” and winner – or so he used to claim till he got rumbled – of the Nobel Prize.

As Homer would say, this cartoon is funny because it’s true. In fact it sums up pretty much everything the layman needs to know about the state of climate “science” and how it abuses the public trust.

So, it starts with truths which are widely accepted – “the basic science of physics and chemistry”.

Then – like a street magician or a confidence trickster – it slips quickly from the realm of evident truth into a world of illusion: “We put that data into dozens of different climate models and ignore the ones that look wrong to us.”

Anyone who questions this groupthink is labelled a “science denier.”

But as Adams has grasped it has nothing to do with science. Rather it’s about the politically driven misapplication of models which have no real-world basis.

This cartoon is by no means Adams’s first brush with WrongThink.

In September last year, he caused more liberal heads to explode by publicly switching his allegiance from Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump.

One of his cannier insights was that Trump’s bluster is actually a sign of emotional intelligence and deal-making skills rather than a sign – as the progressives continue to believe – that he is a dangerous lunatic.

"Trump “paces” the public – meaning he matches them in their emotional state, and then some. He does that with his extreme responses on immigration, fighting ISIS, stop-and-frisk, etc. Once Trump has established himself as the biggest bad-ass on the topic, he is free to “lead,” which we see him do by softening his deportation stand, limiting his stop-and-frisk comment to Chicago, reversing his first answer on penalties for abortion, and so on. If you are not trained in persuasion, Trump look scary. If you understand pacing and leading, you might see him as the safest candidate who has ever gotten this close to the presidency. That’s how I see him."

“Dilbert has gone fascist“, Salon’s Amanda Marcotte responded, with typical verve, wit and lightness of touch.

Then in March this year, the jack-booted, blackshirted cartoonist caused further outrage by composing one of the best essays ever written as to why the claims of climate alarmists should be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

It was titled How To Convince Skeptics That Climate Change Is A Problem.

Here are two of my favorite entries:

"Don’t tell me how well your models predict the past. Tell me how many climate models have ever been created, since we started doing this sort of thing, and tell me how many have now been discarded because they didn’t predict correctly. If the answer is “All of the old ones failed and we were totally surprised because they were good at hindcasting,” then why would I trust the new ones?"

and:

"If skeptics make you retreat to Pascal’s Wager as your main argument for aggressively responding the climate change, please understand that you lost the debate. The world is full of risks that might happen. We don’t treat all of them as real. And we can’t rank any of these risks to know how to allocate our capital to the best path. Should we put a trillion dollars into climate remediation or use that money for a missile defense system to better protect us from North Korea?"

Needless to say, this also caused liberal heads to explode. Here’s a sample from one particularly virulent climate activist.

"None of Adams’ concepts are supported in any manner. He produces no research tied to it. There is no rigorous method applied to rationalize it. It’s little more than cultish ramblings validated by a small loyal following acquired through his previous success as a cartoonist."

As Adams must be painfully aware by now, when you’re taking flak it means you’re over the target. Carry on Scott!

Damn, it was cold this weekend!! :lol:
  • 16

I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I.
I Corinthians 7:8
User avatar
Red Coolade
Established Member
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:18 pm
Liked: 1146

Re: Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby SardonicYuda » Mon May 15, 2017 4:11 pm

Heh. The religion of liberals doesn't tolerate nonbelievers, but apostates are even worse scum to them.

I quite like Adams, even if I don't agree with everything he says seriously or jokes about. But I guess that makes me a bigot or something, in which case I'll just consider that another badge of honor when empty insults come from Liberals and their ideological police. Adams must have quite a stack at this point.
  • 6

"Progress is like a herd of pigs. While the herd has many benefits, one shouldn't wonder at all the shit"
-Zoltan Chivey
"We are the cleverest monsters, and we deserve everything we've got coming"
-David Axe
"Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side"
-Treebeard, LOTR
User avatar
SardonicYuda
Harbinger of the Doomed Rat
 
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:47 am
Location: Hell if I know
Liked: 12049

Re: Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby womanhater » Mon May 15, 2017 4:16 pm

SardonicYuda wrote:Heh. The religion of liberals doesn't tolerate nonbelievers, but apostates are even worse scum to them.

I quite like Adams, even if I don't agree with everything he says seriously or jokes about. But I guess that makes me a bigot or something, in which case I'll just consider that another badge of honor when empty insults come from Liberals and their ideological police. Adams must have quite a stack at this point.


I've always believed the best way to evaluate a man's character is to see who his enemies are.
  • 9

"Sexual attraction towards women is a disease, and we have to thank modern feminism for providing us with its cure." - MPAV8R

"Women don't owe men anything. Not a smile. Not sex, Not even empathy or compassion. Men don't owe women anything either. Not interest. Not resources. And definitely not commitment or children." - Demosthenes

"Women's definition of oppression is being held accountable for their actions." - Mr.Fenrir

"This world needs to burn in holy nuclear fire." - hansmoleman
User avatar
womanhater
Gender Warlord
 
Posts: 4258
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:11 pm
Location: Planet of Krylok
Liked: 36272

Re: Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby SardonicYuda » Mon May 15, 2017 4:23 pm

womanhater wrote:
SardonicYuda wrote:Heh. The religion of liberals doesn't tolerate nonbelievers, but apostates are even worse scum to them.

I quite like Adams, even if I don't agree with everything he says seriously or jokes about. But I guess that makes me a bigot or something, in which case I'll just consider that another badge of honor when empty insults come from Liberals and their ideological police. Adams must have quite a stack at this point.


I've always believed the best way to evaluate a man's character is to see who his enemies are.

fuck dude, if you just go by how vile they are than the nobody who pisses off some landwahle liberal arts student even by accident must be damn near saintly :lol:
  • 6

"Progress is like a herd of pigs. While the herd has many benefits, one shouldn't wonder at all the shit"
-Zoltan Chivey
"We are the cleverest monsters, and we deserve everything we've got coming"
-David Axe
"Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side"
-Treebeard, LOTR
User avatar
SardonicYuda
Harbinger of the Doomed Rat
 
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:47 am
Location: Hell if I know
Liked: 12049

Re: Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby Phathack » Mon May 15, 2017 5:19 pm

In an interview with Scott Adams I saw last year some time he talked about this success and the fact that he now has what he called fuck it wealth. He can live comfortably off his wealth for the rest of his life and never have to earn a cent again.

So he doesn't care who he offends in the comic strip. Liberals can moan and complain all they want there nothing they can do about it that would matter to him.


:ugeek:
  • 10

Proudly considered “unsuitable” by women since 1993
User avatar
Phathack
MGTOW Rockstar
 
Posts: 1429
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:19 am
Location: EM03
Liked: 8971

Re: Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby The Signal » Mon May 15, 2017 6:23 pm

Phathack wrote:In an interview with Scott Adams I saw last year some time he talked about this success and the fact that he now has what he called fuck it wealth. He can live comfortably off his wealth for the rest of his life and never have to earn a cent again.

So he doesn't care who he offends in the comic strip. Liberals can moan and complain all they want there nothing they can do about it that would matter to him.


:ugeek:

Huh. That's what friends and I used to call "achieving Zen."
  • 8

- The Signal
User avatar
The Signal
MGTOW Rockstar
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:06 pm
Liked: 7688

Re: Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby Survivorman » Mon May 15, 2017 6:53 pm

Any time liberal heads explode.. I am happy! For the last 7 months or so, I've been very, VERY happy!
  • 7

"Withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy.." - REM
User avatar
Survivorman
Established Member
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:08 am
Liked: 1395

Re: Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby toolate » Mon May 15, 2017 7:13 pm

Closet conservatives in public life are feeling safe to pop their heads out. Having the cash helps too.

The Dilbert cartoon was always about lampooning mediocrity in the corporate world, but he sure is "inclusive" of bashing the left's ideologies.

Good for him.
  • 7

"If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl" -HLM
User avatar
toolate
MGTOW Rockstar
 
Posts: 1750
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:49 pm
Liked: 10974

Re: Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby WheelBarrow » Mon May 15, 2017 11:28 pm

So far the lefties have accumulated as much hard evidence to prove global warming as they have for proving Trump colluded with Putin to win the election, which is absolutely zero in both cases. However, they've made up for that shortfall with bluster in both cases.
  • 4

“Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington

"A tattoo on a hot woman is like a bumper sticker on a Ferrari" -- unknown man with discriminating taste.
User avatar
WheelBarrow
MGTOW Veteran
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:55 pm
Location: Boardwalk
Liked: 7758

Re: Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby Slade » Tue May 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Survivorman wrote:Any time liberal heads explode.. I am happy! For the last 7 months or so, I've been very, VERY happy!


Every time a liberal head explodes, an angel gets its wings!
  • 4

User avatar
Slade
MGTOW All-Star
 
Posts: 5785
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:33 pm
Location: Rocky Mountain West
Liked: 33113

Re: Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby MrPolityczny » Fri May 19, 2017 1:42 pm

How kurwa those climatologists can predict climate change when predicting weather in next week is practically impossible?

Global warning? In this year frost destroyed almost all flowers on fruit trees throughout Poland! In the middle of fucking May!
:evil:
  • 0

"Love: A radioactive element with a half life of 6 months." ~Merlin

"Skipper, our intel shows that there's one sure way to a female's heart. You start with a four-inch incision..."
- Kowalski
User avatar
MrPolityczny
MGTOW All-Star
 
Posts: 3491
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:21 pm
Location: Poland
Liked: 17823

Re: Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby Demosthenes » Fri May 19, 2017 1:52 pm

MrPolityczny wrote:How kurwa those climatologists can predict climate change when predicting weather in next week is practically impossible?

Global warning? In this year frost destroyed almost all flowers on fruit trees throughout Poland! In the middle of fucking May!
:evil:



They've tried to shift over to the phrase 'climate change'. Global warming still sticks. what else sticks is that the climate does change on this planet, and yes, man does an have impact on the environment, but cherry picking climate models and economic forecasts isn't legitimate science, but it is considered legitimate when one has an agenda to press and certain people stand to profit greatly. If you stand to profit from global warming and man made climate change, then the science quite obviously is settled and concluded.

Control.
Open Borders.
New taxation on the masses.
Policies beneficial toward 'globalism'.
$$$$$$$ and the above are why we are told that the science is considered concluded.
  • 3

Women don't owe men anything. Not a smile. Not sex, Not even empathy or compassion. Men don't owe women anything either. Not interest. Not resources. And definitely not commitment or children.
-----
Somewhere in a lonely hotel room there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2AM.
------
So, I'll Do It - I guess there's nothin' to say, its all been said
I'll Do It - Make sure you want it this way, 'cause when it's done this time, I'll be gone
User avatar
Demosthenes
Freezing Cold Sanity
 
Posts: 3031
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:18 pm
Location: Sol System, A short time ago in a Galaxy close by
Liked: 25064

Re: Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby Mr. Fenrir » Fri May 19, 2017 6:14 pm

MrPolityczny wrote:How kurwa those climatologists can predict climate change when predicting weather in next week is practically impossible?

Global warning? In this year frost destroyed almost all flowers on fruit trees throughout Poland! In the middle of fucking May!
:evil:


The Earth's weather so complex that you can practically prove anything.

For example if you say in the morning that tomorrow it will rain but the Sun shines all day then all you have to say is that unforseen events happened. And you can say that you are still investigating the cause of these unforseen events. See? All you have said is that you have no idea why did this happen but you said it in a way that seems legit. And as long as people buy into this certain people can get huge money from all this green bullshit.
  • 5

Mr. Fenrir
Established Member
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 2:13 pm
Liked: 2361

Re: Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby William Noy » Sat May 20, 2017 4:38 pm

The problem with global warming -- or climate change, or whatever they're calling it now is that regardless of the science behind it, it is absolutely political.

I don't care if the conclusion that the earth is getting warmer is correct. I'm willing to accept that it is. I'm willing to accept that it isn't. Whatever the data shows.

And I think most "climate deniers" are probably the same.

What I DO care about it, and the reason so many people object to it is the conclusion isn't "the earth is getting warmer."

It's "the earth is getting warmer, mankind is doing it, and the Americans need to dismantle their economy or we're all going to die... and no, China, Mexico, India, etc. don't have to."

The people pushing the man-made global warming angle obviously don't believe in it themselves. If they did, they'd give up their cars in favor of bicycles. But they don't. Therefore, they either don't believe it at all, or they believe it, but don't think it's really a long term problem.

So-called climate deniers pick up on this, so they (properly) denounce all the science, because it has been politicized, and it is being used against them; not because they don't believe in science.
  • 5

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." --Seneca
User avatar
William Noy
PROSPECT
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:27 pm
Liked: 67

Re: Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby DrunkenMaster » Sat May 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Now kids we will have carbon taxes because reasons .
  • 1

The constant is that there is no constant , the universe is dynamic and ever changing , so hence change is the constant.
User avatar
DrunkenMaster
8 ways drunken master
 
Posts: 1441
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:49 pm
Location: The howling arctic
Liked: 6730

Re: Dilbert Comic Torches Global Warming

Postby William Noy » Sun May 21, 2017 1:31 am

In Northern Ireland, the English used to levy a special fine against Irish Catholics for having windows that were too big for "using too much air" or something.

Carbon taxes reminds me of that.
  • 3

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." --Seneca
User avatar
William Noy
PROSPECT
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:27 pm
Liked: 67


Return to Politics and Economics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Reputation System ©'