Laundry 101

Tells us all about your home, apartment, condo, etc. improvements. Your tips on DIY are most welcome here.

Laundry 101

Postby Hank Scorpio » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:50 pm

Brothers,

Hank Scorpio here to share some laundry insight to those brothers who may be recently divorced or single. While at Marine Corps Basic Training, believe it or not we learn to do laundry from Drill Instructors. Of course most of this is learning uniform maintenance, but here are some things that apply to laundry in general. No twat has ever been able to do my laundry the way I like it done. Feminism has even made them fuck that one up. So if you are at the laundromat for the first time, here are some tips to get you started. Feel free to respond with any questions.

1-Separate clothes into the following categories: whites, colors, towels & washcloths, red clothes, dress clothes and any clothes that are new.

This is why: The white and color thing is obvious, but RED clothes tend to bleed no matter how many times they are washed. New clothes tend to bleed color the first time they are washed, but should be good after that. Dress clothes are best to wash together on a delicate cycle.

2-Don't overfill the washing machine. Load your clothes unitl the machine is full without you having to stuff them down. They won't be able to agitate and rinse properly.

3-I recommend adding only half the amount of detergent that is recommended on the box or bottle and do so after the machine is at least half way full.

4-Wash everything in cold water. Your clothes won't shrink and the hot water doesn't really do anything special. If there is a stain on something I recommend spraying it with Shout and letting it set for about five mins before going in the machine.

5-If you have a High Efficiency machine or HE, you need to purchase that type of detergent. I don't like them, but if you already have one just make sure that it has 'HE' on the bottle.

6-Zip up and fasten blue jeans and other pants. The zippers can tear holes in other clothing if you don't. If you wear jeans a lot, try and just wash jeans together in their own load.

7-Double rinse everything so that the phosphates in the detergent don't make you itch and wear down the life of your clothes.

8-If you use liquid softener, use about half what the bottle says. Dryer sheets are easy and you can add an extra one if you want your clothes soft, but don't want to deal with the liquid softener since it has to be added to the rinse water.

9-The type of detergent you use is more of personal preference, and most of them do the job just as well as the other. That being said, Hank Scorpio prefers liquid Tide, Gain, or Arm & Hammer. All three are quality in my opinion and get good results. If you work outside and have more dirt to get out, Arm & Hammer may be the best choice since it has baking soda in it and helps with big stains.

10-Dry EVERYTHING on medium heat so that you don't shrink anything.

11-Enjoy the fact that you can do your OWN laundry BETTER than any twat could ever imagine and that this is now one LESS reason you need them in your life! :D

Wash well my brothers,

Hank Scorpio

"No one ever says Italy!"
Hank Scorpio
MGTOW Supervillain

Liked: 86

Re: Laundry 101

Postby EddieS » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:20 am

Two things to add.

A) check all pockets. Sometimes there is cashola. Sometimes a mobile phone. Occasionally a piece of paper. If your load gets tissue or paper bombed. The dryer is the best way to de lint.

B) I divide work clothes from casual clothes. My work clothes get really dirty, sweaty and smelly. So I don't do them with a shirt or shorts I wear around casually.

the dark isn't dark
EddieS
Grungle

Liked: 14647

Postby Sam I Am » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:54 pm

good tip about zipping up pants...

that idea has never crossed my mind, but would easily explain how in fuck some shirts have a tiny hole here and there in them...

thanks for that.

Sam I Am
Asperges me, Samus, F-pyrobolus et mundabor

Liked: 7387

Postby indianajohn » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Been doing my own laundry since I was 13 and I still do most of the laundry for my family.

The only thing I can add is to address stains before you put them in the wash. Otherwise they will set. Just get a soft scrub brush and a little bowl of cold water. Put some of your favorite detergent or stain remover and scrub gently. Rinse it in the water as you go. keep repeating until the stain is gone.

btw, my old man was an army vet and the army taught him how to sew too. Another skill a man needs to be on his own.

No matter how attractive a woman is, somewhere, out there, some guy is sick of her shit.

Can't shake a whore tree and expect a housewife to fall out.
indianajohn
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 6925

Postby Morgu » Sat May 23, 2015 3:54 pm

I was looking for a portable washing machine the other day, something that would be ideal for an apartment, a coworker is moving into a new apartment, I found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Package-Panda-Por ... ZE6PHBQNNG

I do not know how well it works, my coworker found another job, but judging by only the reviews, it looks really good. I also found this portable dryer:

http://www.amazon.com/Laundry-Alternati ... 123&sr=1-2

I thought I might put these out there for anyone who is looking for a new or a cheaper machine for traveling. The seller also has more expensive machines, also sold through amazon, which look to be really good. I did not list them because they cost more, and I wanted to keep the list here short and cheap. Anyway, hope this is of use.

--Morgu

Last edited by Morgu on Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*scene aboard MSS MGTOW*
Electronics officer: "Captain, Morgu, sir, western civilization now requires all men to live with a woman!"
Captain Morgu: "Diving officer, submerge the ship. Make your depth 3-5-0 feet..."

Funny thing about garlic, it keeps away three types of blood suckers: mosquitoes, vampires, and human females.
Morgu
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 13183

Postby kirik » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:05 pm

The other thing that I've found helps a lot with smelly gym clothes is soaking in a water and baking soda mixture.

kirik
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 1676

Postby Alistair » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:16 am

Wasn't sure where to post this question, so have resurrected an old thread.

It seems to make sense to wash winter woolens in summer, so that they can dry. The wool wash is quite short. Nothing shrank in the machine. That, in itself, is a major victory. However, everything is covered in white particles, which I take to be unused powder.

Re-doing everything runs the risk of shrinkage, again. It's odd though that the cycle is so short that the powder is not fully consumed. What do you guys reckon?

Liberty, Property, Sanity (GreyWolf68)

Alpha fucks, Beta bucks, Sigma doesn't play.

MGTOW means never having to care about the female viewpoint (Deathslayer)

There is no Tooth Fairy. There is no Santa Claus. There is no Good Woman

I came, I saw, I shrugged, I left
Alistair
Established Member

Liked: 2384

Postby Morgu » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:22 am

Alistair wrote:Wasn't sure where to post this question, so have resurrected an old thread.

It seems to make sense to wash winter woolens in summer, so that they can dry. The wool wash is quite short. Nothing shrank in the machine. That, in itself, is a major victory. However, everything is covered in white particles, which I take to be unused powder.

Re-doing everything runs the risk of shrinkage, again. It's odd though that the cycle is so short that the powder is not fully consumed. What do you guys reckon?

Laundry detergent is made to cover all the bases, so it will do ok for most types of cloth. Doing wool items with detergent designed for wool items might eliminate the powder.

The shorter cycle might have prevented some of the powder from being dissolved and used.

All of this assumes the powder is left over laundry detergent, and not dust or other particles.

--Morgu

*scene aboard MSS MGTOW*
Electronics officer: "Captain, Morgu, sir, western civilization now requires all men to live with a woman!"
Captain Morgu: "Diving officer, submerge the ship. Make your depth 3-5-0 feet..."

Funny thing about garlic, it keeps away three types of blood suckers: mosquitoes, vampires, and human females.
Morgu
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 13183

Postby DruidV » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:47 pm

I had to learn to do my own laundry when I was still a kid.

Let's wait on mom some more for some fresh laundry! NOT!

I'm quite frankly surprised there are any Men at all who still can't cook or clean for themselves because mommy and/or wifey did it all for them.

Shit, those guys still even exist? How?

How the fuck do you get today's twats to do anything they are supposed to be doing for Men?

MGTOW creation starts at home, under mom's wing and usually at a very young age.

Fortunately, laundry and cooking are not the big deal twats make them out to be and the learning curve is actually quite low.

Tedious? Maybe.

Difficult?

Pfffffft.

Is it safe?
DruidV
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 16441

Postby Alistair » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:32 pm

DruidV wrote:I'm quite frankly surprised there are any Men at all who still can't cook or clean for themselves because mommy and/or wifey did it all for them.

How the fuck do you get today's twats to do anything they are supposed to be doing for Men?

MGTOW creation starts at home, under mom's wing and usually at a very young age.

Fortunately, laundry and cooking are not the big deal twats make them out to be and the learning curve is actually quite low.

I agree with you but my mother was a feminist only as far as her daughters were concerned. She never considerd feminism's consequences for her son.

But I have figured out most of it for myself.

Liberty, Property, Sanity (GreyWolf68)

Alpha fucks, Beta bucks, Sigma doesn't play.

MGTOW means never having to care about the female viewpoint (Deathslayer)

There is no Tooth Fairy. There is no Santa Claus. There is no Good Woman

I came, I saw, I shrugged, I left
Alistair
Established Member

Liked: 2384

Postby G001 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:44 pm

DruidV wrote:I had to learn to do my own laundry when I was still a kid.

Let's wait on mom some more for some fresh laundry! NOT!

I'm quite frankly surprised there are any Men at all who still can't cook or clean for themselves because mommy and/or wifey did it all for them.

Tedious? Maybe.

Difficult?

Pfffffft.

My father is probably one of few men over 65 who could do the washing, cleaning, cooking, etc. And he is an Italian man to boot *cue Italian "mama's boy" stereotypes*. That was only because he was orphaned at 16, so had to learn it. So when I was growing up, I learned how to run every aspect of the house. It astounds most men and women. The main takeaway from it, is that it isn't hard. The only time that cleaning my room would take more than 10 minutes, is if I had been lazy the months prior and never did anything. As well, I can cook a meal, and clean up, quicker than if I drove to McDonalds and back.

It is interesting to note that these days, men are more interested in keeping clean accommodations, than women are. My friends keep tidy areas, whereas, every time I went to a girl's house, their room would have a massive floordrobe or shit. Even the clean stuff was just stacked on a chair. The only exception I noticed was Chinese girls - it wasn't 100% clean, but it was fairly tidy.

G001
Established Member

Liked: 903

Return to Home Improvement