Solar thermal

Tells us all about your home, apartment, condo, etc. improvements. Your tips on DIY are most welcome here.

Solar thermal

Postby Alistair » Sat May 14, 2016 6:32 pm

If I was married the money would all have been pissed up a wall long ago; but I'm not, and the idea of free hot water for the rest of my days did appeal. So I went for the full package. The new system has a thermal store, which is huge, and complete integration with the existing boiler. It has only come on two or three times that I know of in the last couple of months.

There have been a few teething problems and I think there is more tuning to do. For a kick off the water temperature in the store is higher than that in the hot water tank. The latter is difficult to gauge and I am wondering if I need a thermometer installed on it.

The other problem is that the new system is dumping heat (into the heating circuits) at far too low temperatures. Presumably I should be able to raise this by tweaking the software.

It feels a bit odd just turning the hot water on, pouring it down the drain and not having to give a damn, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Liberty, Property, Sanity (GreyWolf68)

Alpha fucks, Beta bucks, Sigma doesn't play.

MGTOW means never having to care about the female viewpoint (Deathslayer)

There is no Tooth Fairy. There is no Santa Claus. There is no Good Woman

I came, I saw, I shrugged, I left
Alistair
Established Member

Liked: 2347

Return to Home Improvement