Home improvement NOT. Bringing the roof down, literally.

Tells us all about your home, apartment, condo, etc. improvements. Your tips on DIY are most welcome here.

Home improvement NOT. Bringing the roof down, literally.

Postby Alistair » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:18 am

Inspired by this viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10781 thread.

This would make a good game.

The player is in a pre-divorce situation. He finds himself in his own loft for the last time. He has a chainsaw and maybe other tools of his choosing.

She who used-to-have-to-be-obeyed “just popped out”, maybe for the last time, maybe for forever, maybe to go meet Chad. You have no idea how much time you have.

If you do nothing she gets the house. The objective is to neutralise the house as an asset by rendering it structurally unsound, preferably fit only for demolition. At the same time you do not want the roof to collapse or anyone to to be hurt lest the authorities take note. You also want to give yourself time to make it clean away, preferably to another continent. This is delayed action or slow motion demolition.

Roof members may be cut through, partially cut through or left alone.

Which members do you cut?

Obviously the answer will depend on the design of the roof.

The only variant to this game I can think of involves water; some kind of slow, silent leak in an inaccessible area.

Meddling with the electrics, the gas supply or indulging in arson mean that you automatically lose. Fungii and moulds work far too slowly. Messing with the lives of people who subsequently buy the house again means that you auto-lose.

Liberty, Property, Sanity (GreyWolf68)

Alpha fucks, Beta bucks, Sigma doesn't play.

MGTOW means never having to care about the female viewpoint (Deathslayer)

There is no Tooth Fairy. There is no Santa Claus. There is no Good Woman

I came, I saw, I shrugged, I left
Alistair
Established Member

Liked: 2328

Re: Home improvement NOT. Bringing the roof down, literally.

Postby hasmat » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:21 am

That would land you in prison and worse. Far easier to ghost, etc, and enjoy your life without that.

You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he's free again.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
hasmat
Has 2 Y chromosomes

Liked: 10273

Postby Merlin » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:41 pm

hasmat wrote:That would land you in prison and worse. Far easier to ghost, etc, and enjoy your life without that.

If the divorce has not yet reached a property division yet he would still own the house and could do whatever he wanted to it. There have been a few cases (two that I know of) in some more rural areas where the husband burned down the house with all the possessions inside. When the firemen came the men told them to let it burn. Since open burning was allowed in those particular counties they had to let it burn. They could only intercede if it looked to be a threat to another property.

I vividly remember a picture of one of the incidents in the newspaper of the soon to be ex wife with a total rage face. You could tell that she was in the middle of screaming at her soon to be ex husband. They didn't have a picture of his face but I would bet that he was smiling.

The police said, "It's his house. He can burn it down if he wants. It's only illegal if he tries to collect insurance on a deliberate act."

When speaking with most women I find my capacity to give a damn has been overshadowed by an over abundance of go fuck yourself.

I looked into the abyss. At first I was afraid but then I looked further and studied it. After a while I began to understand the abyss. Then the abyss looked back at me, I smiled and it ran.
Merlin
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 9305

Postby toolate » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:13 pm

Sabotage makes toolate's ears perk. It can be much fun.

However, I must ask, what did the house do to deserve this? That said, I would consider the slow water leak with the resulting mold nightmare to be the more effective form of sabotage.

"If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl" -HLM
toolate
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 10246

Return to Home Improvement