Rosemary oil tested against Minoxidil (for hair loss).

Talk about stuff like fitness tips, diet advice, anecdotal information and all things concerning health, balding, nose hair and losing weight etc.

Rosemary oil tested against Minoxidil (for hair loss).

Postby ZionDweller » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:49 pm

http://www.realnatural.org/rosemary-ess ... -baldness/

A new study tested 100 men with androgenetic alopecia – male pattern baldness. They treated 50 of the men with 2% topical minoxidil and the other 50 men were treated with rosemary oil.

The men in both groups were tested with hair count analysis – the most objective measure of treatment for baldness.

After three months, neither of the groups showed any significant increase in hair counts. This is typical for minoxidil – and apparently also with rosemary essential oil.

But when tested at six months, the researchers found that both treatments significantly increased the overall hair counts among the men.

Let’s put this another way for clarity: The increased hair count for the rosemary oil was similar to the increased hair count for the minoxidil group.

This means that rosemary oil is as effective as minoxidil – but safer. The researchers found adverse effects such as scalp itching – significantly more frequent among the minoxidil group.

This isn’t saying that rosemary oil comes without the potential for adverse effects. Scalp itching was found among the rosemary group as well.

And some with sensitive skin may not tolerate rosemary oil as well as others. This is typically satisfied by simply diluting the oil.

ZionDweller
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 10268

Re: Rosemary oil tested against Minoxidil (for hair loss).

Postby Entreri » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:14 am

So you just rub this rosemary oil on your head or what?

10mm or GTFO.

"Battles leave scars... some you can't see."
-- Kanan Jarrus
Entreri
Phantom

Liked: 19111

Postby ZionDweller » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:27 am

Entreri wrote:So you just rub this rosemary oil on your head or what?

Yea, the same as Minoxidil is applied. Some say the pure rosemary oil is too potent to be applied without a carrier but someone said they put it on their bald spot without a problem. Minoxidil is probably more common at 5% strength though and they only tested against 2% but it is worth a try.

It was mentioned here too https://about-essential-oils.blogspot.c ... h.html?m=0

There is some info about peppermint oil to but it was only tested on rats http://blackgirllonghair.com/2015/08/pe ... -research/

Last edited by ZionDweller on Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZionDweller
MGTOW Rockstar

Postby Sam I Am » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:43 am

can you get rosemary oil that doesn't smell like rosemary? i cook with that shit and although it smells appetizing to me, not really the eau de pafum pour homme that I would pick every day.

another stupid question --- i don't know how to use either.... you use it like shampoo or is it 'a little dab will do ya' here and there?

Sam I Am
Asperges me, Samus, F-pyrobolus et mundabor

Liked: 7829

Postby ZionDweller » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:18 am

Sam I Am wrote:can you get rosemary oil that doesn't smell like rosemary? i cook with that shit and although it smells appetizing to me, not really the eau de pafum pour homme that I would pick every day.

another stupid question --- i don't know how to use either.... you use it like shampoo or is it 'a little dab will do ya' here and there?

I guess you could try what's suggested in this little trial here https://about-essential-oils.blogspot.c ... h.html?m=0

Remember though, you should dilute rosemary oil in a carrier oil before massaging it into your scalp. A 5% rosemary essential oil mix (which is about 5 drops in 5mL of carrier oil) should be sufficient.

Or more specifically mixed with the other oils that show benefit:

2 drops of thyme, 3 drops of rosemary, 3 drops of lavender and 2 drops of cedarwood essential oils in 3 mL of jojoba and 20 mL of grapeseed oils.

About 44% of patients in the essential oils group experienced significant improvement in hair growth versus 15% in the control group. And one patient in particular experienced incredible results.

The study also pointed out that the essential oils had no significant adverse effects and could be considered as a safer alternative for hair growth treatments.

Everywhere keeps on saying that the rosemary oil needs to be mixed with a carrier. Then it can be massaged into the scalp or added to shampoo. If you are worried about the smell maybe you can just use it before bed or do you mean you personally don't like the smell?

This product seems to contain the rosemary and some others,

https://www.amazon.com/Hair-Stimulant-G ... op?ie=UTF8

ZionDweller
MGTOW Rockstar

Postby ZionDweller » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:29 am

Sam I Am wrote:can you get rosemary oil that doesn't smell like rosemary? i cook with that shit and although it smells appetizing to me, not really the eau de pafum pour homme that I would pick every day.

Id never used Rosemary oil before and after trying the pure one, I know what you meant now. I think the best thing is the Ikarou hair stimulant that contains that oil with others, it does not smell as strong. You could use it and then wash your hair after a few hours. Caster oil is supposed to be good too.

ZionDweller
MGTOW Rockstar

Return to Health and Fitness