Fried chicken patties

Tell us your favorite recipes. Talk food and drink here!

Fried chicken patties

Postby Notorious GIT » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:06 pm

2 pounds (10/11ths of a kilo, MrPol) ground chicken)
3/4 cup almond flour
4 eggs
Big fuckton of coconut oil in the pan (til the patties swim in it)

Mix the first 3 in a bowl. Lacking a proper mixer because you can't find it because... you're as smart as a bright red mohawk makes you look... do it man style with your hands. Realizing you're hands are covered in raw chicken, pick up your glass with your teeth to sip your scotch hands free for more man points, because cooking not beef on not a grill makes you feel one step shy of prancing about to show tunes.

Patties don't like to stick together too good until they're half cooked, so mind flipping them in such a way as they don't flop in half and drop into the oil, splashing it everywhere. I suggest keeping a bowl of cool water handy for when the pan decides it doesn't like you and spits boiling oil on your hand. For that same reason I suggest cooking this recipe while wearing pants.

Dear god science, and whatever else you hold true and holy, wear fucking pants when you fry things.

Cook until crispy on the outside. If the inside appears suspiciously undercooked, well, making sure you won't get food poisoning from undercooked poultry is why god gave you neighbor kids.

Did they live? Congratulations: low carb fried chicken patties that the Colonel can shove up his ass because mine fucking taste better and are healthier than a menthol cigarette, which, if you know anything, is healthier than a fuckin apple.

Before it's finally said and done, as the final bill comes due, you will know:

I am Hell.
Notorious GIT
Bellend Extraordinaire

Liked: 37838

Re: Fried chicken patties

Postby kestral » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks for the great recipe idea.

A couple of thoughts:

1. If you mix in a couple of eggs it could help glue the chicken together better

2. You could crush in some pork rinds in place of almond flour to make it even lower carb

kestral
PROSPECT

Liked: 45

Postby Demosthenes » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:54 pm

kestral wrote:Thanks for the great recipe idea.

A couple of thoughts:

1. If you mix in a couple of eggs it could help glue the chicken together better

2. You could crush in some pork rinds in place of almond flour to make it even lower carb

Maybe. I haven't had them in ages, but if I recall, many commercially available bagged 'pork' rinds are made with flour and flavored.

If you're trying for lower carb, make sure it's not with some flour based, preservative loaded junk. Otherwise, you're probably better off with the flour, or maybe corn starch rather than crushing in some preservative based product in to your food.

Women don't owe men anything. Not a smile. Not sex, Not even empathy or compassion. Men don't owe women anything either. Not interest. Not resources. And definitely not commitment or children.
-----
Somewhere in a lonely hotel room there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2AM.
------
So, I'll Do It - I guess there's nothin' to say, its all been said
I'll Do It - Make sure you want it this way, 'cause when it's done this time, I'll be gone
Demosthenes
Freezing Cold Sanity

Liked: 25250

Postby Notorious GIT » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:33 pm

kestral wrote:1. If you mix in a couple of eggs it could help glue the chicken together better

Recipe called for 4 eggs for just that reason. That wasn't a separate dish or anything.

I don't know how to write a recipe. I'm lucky my punch drunk ass can still read my damn name.

I am Hell.
Notorious GIT
Bellend Extraordinaire

Postby Notorious GIT » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:40 pm

Demosthenes wrote:Maybe. I haven't had them in ages, but if I recall, many commercially available bagged 'pork' rinds are made with flour and flavored.

If you're trying for lower carb, make sure it's not with some flour based, preservative loaded junk. Otherwise, you're probably better off with the flour, or maybe corn starch rather than crushing in some preservative based product in to your food.

Pork rinds, the "good chips" to all the Muslim kids and plenty of adults I gave them to who couldn't read the English on the bag, bwahahaha.

Some measure of carbs are permissible on a ketogenic diet. You get them from vegetables and some nuts. I HATE eating almonds unless they're pan roasted and glazed in cinnamon and sugar, so I use organic almond flour. Even eating a recipe like this, having a couple tbsps of peanut butter, a gram here or there in my protein, vegetables, and a gram here or there in some of the sausages or brats that I get, I've been able to quite easily stay under 20g a day.

Corn starch is an interesting idea. I wonder if there are better starch meal sources, like sweet potato starch or something. I bet if there is, that would taste like the shiz diggitty in the recipe. Sweet potato fried. Obviously a carbed up food for a cheat meal or a bulking diet, but still, NOM.

I am Hell.
Notorious GIT
Bellend Extraordinaire

Postby SardonicYuda » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:39 pm

I've made this twice now and it's great due to its simplicity, which leaves a lot of room for experimentation. thinking of some good spices to add will take some time till I find my favorite blend, but using different types of eggs might be fun. now if only I can remember where that ostrich farm is.......

"Progress is like a herd of pigs. While the herd has many benefits, one shouldn't wonder at all the shit"
-Zoltan Chivey
"We are the cleverest monsters, and we deserve everything we've got coming"
-David Axe
"Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side"
-Treebeard, LOTR
SardonicYuda
Harbinger of the Doomed Rat

Liked: 12072

Return to Food and Recipes