Fuck I hate vodka.

Tell us your favorite recipes. Talk food and drink here!

Re: Fuck I hate vodka.

Postby ManWithAPlan » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:26 am

So after doing this shit for a while, there's some things that need to be mentioned. Don't use cheap vodka. Filtering Smirnoff vodka was easy, pleasant and fun. Cheap vodka will clog up the filter like no tomorrow. It won't prevent the filter from working, but I filtered the Smirnoff shit in 5+ hours to pure smoothness. Vodka that cost $2 less fucked up the filter. It still filtered it, but it started taking hours and hours for it to complete one cycle. I'm guessing it's because cheap vodka has a shitload of particles that need to be filtered out.

Seriously, I'm not even joking. It took me something like 18 hours to filter a bottle of cheap(er) stuff and the bottle doesn't even filter all the way through. This is a 1.75L bottle of vodka. It's annoying as hell. Maybe the vodka fucks shit up faster than water, who knows, but the filter is supposed to be shit like coal and all kinds of other things. So you can't exactly "clog" it.

I'll try it again at some point in the future, but I'm beginning to think that not all vodkas are created equal, and $16 Smirnoff might be the cutoff point. Anything cheaper, and you just make life harder for yourself.

The word "misogyny" is like a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble.
ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Liked: 41694

Postby SardonicYuda » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:11 am

ManWithAPlan wrote:So after doing this shit for a while, there's some things that need to be mentioned. Don't use cheap vodka. Filtering Smirnoff vodka was easy, pleasant and fun. Cheap vodka will clog up the filter like no tomorrow. It won't prevent the filter from working, but I filtered the Smirnoff shit in 5+ hours to pure smoothness. Vodka that cost $2 less fucked up the filter. It still filtered it, but it started taking hours and hours for it to complete one cycle. I'm guessing it's because cheap vodka has a shitload of particles that need to be filtered out.

Seriously, I'm not even joking. It took me something like 18 hours to filter a bottle of cheap(er) stuff and the bottle doesn't even filter all the way through. This is a 1.75L bottle of vodka. It's annoying as hell. Maybe the vodka fucks shit up faster than water, who knows, but the filter is supposed to be shit like coal and all kinds of other things. So you can't exactly "clog" it.

I'll try it again at some point in the future, but I'm beginning to think that not all vodkas are created equal, and $16 Smirnoff might be the cutoff point. Anything cheaper, and you just make life harder for yourself.

I'm telling you man, Russian Standard all day, everyday. for around $24 a bottle you can't go wrong :lol:

"Progress is like a herd of pigs. While the herd has many benefits, one shouldn't wonder at all the shit"
-Zoltan Chivey
"We are the cleverest monsters, and we deserve everything we've got coming"
-David Axe
"Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side"
-Treebeard, LOTR
SardonicYuda
Harbinger of the Doomed Rat

Liked: 12079

Postby going this way » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:28 pm

I think vodka (quality stuff) is alright. I've been mainly drinking rum for a long time, Bacardi preferred, whisky is ok but I don't care much for wine, maybe I just didn't try to find the right one.

Et erunt homines se ipsos amantes, cupidi, elati, superbi, blasphemi, parentibus inoboedientes, ingrate, scelesti
going this way
GPS Relocating...

Liked: 1137

Postby Primus_Pilus » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:21 pm

SardonicYuda wrote:
Stick the whiskey in the freezer the same way you chill your vodka.
Same as with the chilled vodka, it's less of a liquid and more like a syrup. Cold whiskey syrup. So good.
Fuck, now I'm craving Jameson. :lol:

I'm starting to think there might be a market for alcoholic pancake syrup.

Maple Irish Whiskey syrup ... hell yes.

Someone really should do something about this. Women at risk of living life is just unacceptable.
Maybe the platter should be made bigger and more silvery.
Alphas do, betas explain.

Love is a lie, marriage is a scam, children are a trap, and society is your enemy.
Primus_Pilus
Established Member

Liked: 5231

Previous

Return to Food and Recipes