Fuck I hate vodka.

Tell us your favorite recipes. Talk food and drink here!

Fuck I hate vodka.

Postby ManWithAPlan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:08 am

I just bought some (and by some I mean a lot) for old times sake, and god fucking dammit this shit is disgusting. I didn't even go with the really cheap shit, got some Smirnoff ice. Yeah, it's cheap, but not that cheap. And I can't fucking stand this shit. Had a glass of it with some coke, and it was a fucking mission to get this shit down.

Then I remembered some shit I saw years and years ago, about using a water filter to filter the vodka and make it better. I never did it, because it was easier to switch to whiskey, but I decided to give it a shot. First pass through, night and fucking day. No more fucked up rubbing alcohol smell, and the taste was very noticeable. HUGE difference. Did three more passes, and each time it got better and better. I ended up saying fuck it after the fourth pass, because the difference between the first and fourth wasn't as big as it was between unfiltered and first pass. But it did get noticeably better every time.

So now I'm drinking a glass of coke, that tastes like coke (with a bit of vodka), even though half of it is vodka. I'm starting to wonder what more passes would make it taste/smell like, and if it can be done with the dirt cheap shit. And now I'm starting to wonder what cheap Canadian whiskey pushed through a filter would be like. I need to buy more filters, and start testing this shit out.

The word "misogyny" is like a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble.
ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Liked: 41694

Re: Fuck I hate vodka.

Postby hansmoleman » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:20 am

I dnt care what anybody says, a distilled spirit that hasn't been aged in a nice barrel is basically nail polish remover.

hansmoleman
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 8102

Postby ManWithAPlan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:22 am

hansmoleman wrote:I dnt care what anybody says, a distilled spirit that hasn't been aged in a nice barrel is basically nail polish remover.

At least nail polish remover smells better than rubbing alcohol.

Edit

Alright so I got bored. Want to see how far I can take this shit. 5th pass, I can't even smell the alcohol anymore, and I have to swish it on my tongue for a few seconds before I can even taste it. At this rate, by the 10th pass through, I won't even be able to taste it.

ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Postby DruidV » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:20 am

Try the Skyy.

Is it safe?
DruidV
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 16754

Postby ManWithAPlan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:14 pm

Well I did it. Odorless, tasteless, and if cold enough, vodka that doesn't burn your throat (at all). Just took a swig and it felt like drinking cold water. I know what you guys might be thinking, but if I wanted flavor I'd drink whiskey. This shit on the other hand is basically like "make anything you want alcoholic without ruining the taste".

ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Postby trajan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:40 pm

ManWithAPlan wrote:Well I did it. Odorless, tasteless, and if cold enough, vodka that doesn't burn your throat (at all). Just took a swig and it felt like drinking cold water. I know what you guys might be thinking, but if I wanted flavor I'd drink whiskey. This shit on the other hand is basically like "make anything you want alcoholic without ruining the taste".

Makes ya wonder why the makers of cheap vodka don't spend an extra nickel a gallon to filter it a couple more times and tack an extra 50 cents onto the price of each bottle.

trajan
Established Member

Liked: 4143

Postby ManWithAPlan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:46 pm

trajan wrote:
ManWithAPlan wrote:Well I did it. Odorless, tasteless, and if cold enough, vodka that doesn't burn your throat (at all). Just took a swig and it felt like drinking cold water. I know what you guys might be thinking, but if I wanted flavor I'd drink whiskey. This shit on the other hand is basically like "make anything you want alcoholic without ruining the taste".

Makes ya wonder why the makers of cheap vodka don't spend an extra nickel a gallon to filter it a couple more times and tack an extra 50 cents onto the price of each bottle.

I wonder if they're owned by the expensive companies, and use the cheap shit to get people to justify paying $50 for a bottle.

ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Postby SardonicYuda » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:07 am

Russian Standard left in the freezer for a couple of hours is all I need

"Progress is like a herd of pigs. While the herd has many benefits, one shouldn't wonder at all the shit"
-Zoltan Chivey
"We are the cleverest monsters, and we deserve everything we've got coming"
-David Axe
"Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side"
-Treebeard, LOTR
SardonicYuda
Harbinger of the Doomed Rat

Liked: 12079

Postby The-Bourbonator » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:06 am

SardonicYuda wrote:Russian Standard left in the freezer for a couple of hours is all I need

Hanging out with Yuda, I can attest to this, and I usually can't stand vodka.

Chilled Irish Whiskey is even better.

"One of the best things about being a hardcore cynic is that you are seldom disappointed and almost never wrong."
-MPAV8R

"Some men are domesticated and some are civilized."
-DrunkenMaster

To salvage what humanity remains within us, we must learn to embrace the wildness within us. We must plumb the depths of our ancestral memory to seek who and what we truly are, and leave the ploughshare behind us forever.
-MPAV8R

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
-Marcus Aurelius
The-Bourbonator
The Half-Blood Prince

Liked: 9198

Postby SardonicYuda » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:43 am

The-Bourbonator wrote:
SardonicYuda wrote:Russian Standard left in the freezer for a couple of hours is all I need

Oooooh. That sounds like fun, but when you say chilled do you mean served in a cold glass, with ice (or frozen metal ball) or stick it in the freezer like I do with the dangerous amount of vodka I drink?

"Progress is like a herd of pigs. While the herd has many benefits, one shouldn't wonder at all the shit"
-Zoltan Chivey
-David Axe
-Treebeard, LOTR
SardonicYuda

Postby Merlin » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:37 am

trajan wrote:

Money.

People will buy the cheaper vodka and the filtration adds to the cost. Also, 50 cents can be up to half the profit on a cheap bottle of booze. Most of what we pay in the States is tax. Look at a bottle of rubbing alcohol. You can't drink it because it's denatured and will blind you but you can buy a liter for less than a dollar.

When speaking with most women I find my capacity to give a damn has been overshadowed by an over abundance of go fuck yourself.

I looked into the abyss. At first I was afraid but then I looked further and studied it. After a while I began to understand the abyss. Then the abyss looked back at me, I smiled and it ran.
Merlin
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 10219

Postby Merlin » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:53 pm

To give you some idea of how ridiculous alcohol prices are take this calculation.

You can buy 25 pounds of sugar for $12. For every 5 pounds of sugar you can get 6.88 liters of 40% alcohol after distillation. that's 34.4 liters of drinkable alcohol for $12, the cost of energy (not much) and a packet of yeast. About 35 cents per liter.

Let's take this a step further. You take the corn you can't sell or all the old apples that fall to the ground. You cook them to release the sugar then make alcohol out of that. Effective cost is zero except for your spare time.

That is what the Whiskey Rebellion was all about. Government wanted to tax that alcohol. The government unfortunately won that one and it is the defining point where this country started its long slow spiral down the drain.

When speaking with most women I find my capacity to give a damn has been overshadowed by an over abundance of go fuck yourself.

I looked into the abyss. At first I was afraid but then I looked further and studied it. After a while I began to understand the abyss. Then the abyss looked back at me, I smiled and it ran.
Merlin
MGTOW Veteran

Postby ranome » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:17 pm

Merlin wrote:
You can buy 25 pounds of sugar for $12. For every 5 pounds of sugar you can get 6.88 liters of 40% alcohol after distillation. that's 34.4 liters of drinkable alcohol for $12, the cost of energy (not much) and a packet of yeast. About 35 cents per liter.

After which, you have 34.4 liters of what, exactly? (Asking for a friend.)

L'égalité est un plat qui se mange froid.
ranome
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 17392

Postby ManWithAPlan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:34 pm

ranome wrote:
Merlin wrote:

I'm guessing something close to moonshine.

ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Postby fester » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:50 pm

I must say that the filter method is easier than redistilling it three or four times.
Is this a Brita type filter you are using?
I'm very curious, sounds like you are refining it to pure ethanol and water.

fester is one of "the beautiful ones"

"It's FAR too late to unfuck this chicken."
Womanhater
fester
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 26480

Postby ManWithAPlan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:53 pm

fester wrote:I must say that the filter method is easier than redistilling it three or four times.
Is this a Brita type filter you are using?
I'm very curious, sounds like you are refining it to pure ethanol and water.

It's one of these.

ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Postby Merlin » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:05 pm

ManWithAPlan wrote:
ranome wrote:
Merlin wrote:

I'm guessing something close to moonshine.

Exactly. It would be 40% alcohol or 80 proof. Moonshine is no different than vodka. They are just both alcohol and water.

Merlin
MGTOW Veteran

Postby MrPolityczny » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:02 pm

ManWithAPlan wrote:I just bought some (and by some I mean a lot) for old times sake, and god fucking dammit this shit is disgusting.

I am not a big fan of vodka too but as a Polack I can give you two tips:

1) Even cheap vodka goes in without problems when it is cold enough (it appears as a thick as syrup).

2) Forget about mixing vodka with Coke, orange juice or something like that. Take a shot of pure vodka and imminently after drink some tomato juice.

"Love: A radioactive element with a half life of 6 months." ~Merlin

"Skipper, our intel shows that there's one sure way to a female's heart. You start with a four-inch incision..."
- Kowalski
MrPolityczny
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 17971

Postby The-Bourbonator » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:33 pm

SardonicYuda wrote:
The-Bourbonator wrote:

Oooooh. That sounds like fun, but when you say chilled do you mean served in a cold glass, with ice (or frozen metal ball) or stick it in the freezer like I do with the dangerous amount of vodka I drink?

Noooo. No Ice. It'll dilute the whiskey goodness.

Whiskey rocks would probably be ok, but I always worry about busting a tooth.

Stick the whiskey in the freezer the same way you chill your vodka.

Same as with the chilled vodka, it's less of a liquid and more like a syrup. Cold whiskey syrup. So good.

Fuck, now I'm craving Jameson. :lol:

"One of the best things about being a hardcore cynic is that you are seldom disappointed and almost never wrong."
-MPAV8R

-DrunkenMaster

To salvage what humanity remains within us, we must learn to embrace the wildness within us. We must plumb the depths of our ancestral memory to seek who and what we truly are, and leave the ploughshare behind us forever.
-MPAV8R

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
-Marcus Aurelius
The-Bourbonator
The Half-Blood Prince

Postby fester » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:05 pm

MWAP, have you noticed a lessening of any hangover symptoms due to the removal of impurities?

fester is one of "the beautiful ones"

"It's FAR too late to unfuck this chicken."
Womanhater
fester
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 26480

Postby ManWithAPlan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:19 pm

fester wrote:MWAP, have you noticed a lessening of any hangover symptoms due to the removal of impurities?

Yes, no hangovers or bullshit whatsoever. I mean I tend to drink water to prevent that, but this is far more pleasant. I also noticed it hits me way harder so I tend to drink less of it. No clue how this works, but it's like it gets into my system faster.

ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Postby SardonicYuda » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Same as with the chilled vodka, it's less of a liquid and more like a syrup. Cold whiskey syrup. So good.

I'm starting to think there might be a market for alcoholic pancake syrup.

-Zoltan Chivey
-David Axe
-Treebeard, LOTR
SardonicYuda

Postby The-Bourbonator » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:47 am

SardonicYuda wrote:

I'm starting to think there might be a market for alcoholic pancake syrup.

...my god.

QUICK QUICK!

PATENT THAT SHIT YOU STUPID FUCKIN GENIUS!

-MPAV8R

-DrunkenMaster

-MPAV8R

-Marcus Aurelius
The-Bourbonator
The Half-Blood Prince

Postby MrPolityczny » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:01 pm

SardonicYuda wrote:I'm starting to think there might be a market for alcoholic pancake syrup.

Mix maple syrup with pure ethanol and that's it... :twisted: :mrgreen:

"Love: A radioactive element with a half life of 6 months." ~Merlin

"Skipper, our intel shows that there's one sure way to a female's heart. You start with a four-inch incision..."
- Kowalski
MrPolityczny
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 17971

Postby SardonicYuda » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:51 am

MrPolityczny wrote:
SardonicYuda wrote:I'm starting to think there might be a market for alcoholic pancake syrup.

Mix maple syrup with pure ethanol and that's it... :twisted: :mrgreen:

I'm thinking it would need to be flavored like booze, at least a bit. The easiest to work with would be rum since that's made of molasses. I'm thinking it would be a lot like those crepes with brandy poured over them

-Zoltan Chivey
-David Axe
-Treebeard, LOTR
SardonicYuda

Next

Return to Food and Recipes