Optional demographic boxes - fill out or leave blank?

Hate your boss? Want a career change or landed a new job? Discussion forum for all things related to Jobs and Careers.

Optional demographic boxes - fill out or leave blank?

Postby a_real_man » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:00 pm

Most jobs I have seen ask you to fill out your demographic info, such as gender, race and disability. As an able-bodied white male, filling these boxes out means I will probably be discriminated against... in the name of equality or what not. Does it make sense to leave the optional boxes blank or will it lead the hiring managers to assume I'm not on board with their identity politics and therefore be a red flag?

I am the leader of MGTOW

Betas do it better
a_real_man
Established Member

Liked: 1019

Re: Optional demographic boxes - fill out or leave blank?

Postby Fox » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:59 pm

Do they have a 'Not Sure' box you can check for each of those?
If so, mark them all, claiming to be gender fluid, race fluid, and disability fluid.
If that doesn't immediately make you president of the company, that's probably grounds for a lawsuit.

More serious answer: As a white male, it doesn't matter whether you mark them or not.
If you mark them honestly, you're fucked when it comes to them giving equality preferences to others no matter what you do.

Fox
Established Member

Liked: 2093

Postby Morgu » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:59 pm

a_real_man wrote:Most jobs I have seen ask you to fill out your demographic info, such as gender, race and disability. As an able-bodied white male, filling these boxes out means I will probably be discriminated against... in the name of equality or what not. Does it make sense to leave the optional boxes blank or will it lead the hiring managers to assume I'm not on board with their identity politics and therefore be a red flag?

There is no "probably" about this. You will be discriminated against. There are laws on the books requiring the employer to discriminated against men, whites, etc, in favor of cunts.

Notice there exists no such discrimination against men in the harder, riskier jobs (coal miner, garbage man, cargo handler, throwers, high rise construction, etc.

--Morgu

*scene aboard MSS MGTOW*
Electronics officer: "Captain, Morgu, sir, western civilization now requires all men to live with a woman!"
Captain Morgu: "Diving officer, submerge the ship. Make your depth 3-5-0 feet..."

Funny thing about garlic, it keeps away three types of blood suckers: mosquitoes, vampires, and human females.
Morgu
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 13218

Postby EddieS » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:09 pm

Tick the wrong box. Then, when they pull you up on it say you identify as that. Besides, there are laws against discrimination so it shouldn't matter.

Film it

Put it here for lulz.

the dark isn't dark
EddieS
Grungle

Liked: 14671

Postby a_real_man » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:28 am

Fox wrote:Do they have a 'Not Sure' box you can check for each of those?
If so, mark them all, claiming to be gender fluid, race fluid, and disability fluid.
If that doesn't immediately make you president of the company, that's probably grounds for a lawsuit.

mark them all! LOL!

I'll mark them all and then sue them for not having a "cat" box.

EddieS wrote:Tick the wrong box. Then, when they pull you up on it say you identify as that. Besides, there are laws against discrimination so it shouldn't matter.

Film it

Put it here for lulz.

Meet the 20-Year-Old Norwegian Woman Who Identifies As a Cat
http://www.mediaite.com/online/meet-the-20-year-old-norwegian-woman-who-identifies-as-a-cat/
Bitch ain't creative enough.

But in all seriousness, is it better to leave it blank or tell them I'm a white male?

I am the leader of MGTOW

Betas do it better
a_real_man
Established Member

Postby TheWanderer » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:25 am

EddieS wrote:Tick the wrong box. Then, when they pull you up on it say you identify as that. Besides, there are laws against discrimination so it shouldn't matter.

Film it

Put it here for lulz.

If anyone has really tried this and had it work in their favor I'd be interested to hear about it. Who knows, maybe could get up a lawsuit against a company and get a settlement if the company didn't want to acknowledge that a white male employee "self identifies" as a protected group. :lol:

As for the boxes, I don't tick them anymore. If they want any voluntary info from me they can go fuck themselves.

TheWanderer
Established Member

Liked: 481

Postby The Signal » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:37 am

a_real_man wrote:But in all seriousness, is it better to leave it blank or tell them I'm a white male?

I'd leave them blank. Filling them in cannot possibly help you and easily could hurt you, so what would you stand to gain by volunteering such information?

The Signal
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 6740

Postby TDG » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:06 pm

Leave them blank and if they ask about them, ask them why it's important they know that stuff.

Solipsism is a feature and not a bug. - TDG

In the long run, men making themselves happy makes women happy. Men trying to please women makes women miserable. Source: all of human history. - fairi5fair

There is nothing women ruin with such predictability as their own lives. - Alpha Game

She's not yours, she's just your turn. - Dudeist Priest
TDG
One Disgruntled Bastard

Liked: 58016

Postby a_real_man » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:04 am

TDG wrote:Leave them blank and if they ask about them, ask them why it's important they know that stuff.

I like that. This'll probably not happen, but if it does, at least I'll know I'm dealing with SJWs and I'll GTFO before they try to destroy my career and rep. Oh and btw I finished reading SJWs always lie - thanks for the suggestion.

I am the leader of MGTOW

Betas do it better
a_real_man
Established Member

Postby deadb0y » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:25 am

Leave them blank and:

"To ask my gender is sexist because in an equal society my gender does not matter!"
"To ask my race is racist because in an equal society my race does not matter!"
"To ask my sexual preference is none of your business!"

If they question you about it. I'd guess, if you have an hr "lady" she'll invent some kind of hidden message from leaving them blank but fuck em, if they care about that I really REALLY don't want to work there!

deadb0y
Established Member

Liked: 2098

Return to Jobs and Careers