I couldn't make this shit up

Hate your boss? Want a career change or landed a new job? Discussion forum for all things related to Jobs and Careers.

I couldn't make this shit up

Postby MrPragmatic » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:17 pm

At lunch today a coworker was talking about college graduates who take their parents on job interviews. I told him he was full of shit when he told me that this is an emerging trend. Turns out I'm wrong and he's right.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theemployme ... b5c6e24575

Many parents also often go as far as negotiating their salary with the employer.

Two questions immediately popped into my head:

1. Do these college graduates also need their parents to wipe their asses?

2. Who the fuck would hire someone who is clearly incapable of doing anything on their own?

Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler....
I could set the building on fire.

No wife, happy life.
MrPragmatic
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 8902

Re: I couldn't make this shit up

Postby ManWithAPlan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:25 pm

It's been a thing for a few years at least. Helicopter parenting is out of control, to the point where businesses and colleges (not all but enough) have outright banned parents from their campus/sites. And it gets really crazy, to the point where the parents are stalking the kid (college aged or older), following them online, etc. Even companies are now making things for these helicopter parents because it's a good business. Ford for example will make cars that won't let you speed, and do whatever they're programmed to do by the parents, they'll even report back 24/7. It's insane.

The word "misogyny" is like a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble.
ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Liked: 41616

Postby MrPragmatic » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:40 pm

I see quite a bit of Millenialls bashing not only here (in general), but in other forums I frequent. While it is sometimes tempting for me to join in the bashing, the truth of the matter is the blame ultimately falls squarely on the really shitty job their parents did of raising them as well as the 'everyone gets a trophy' culture they grew up in.

Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler....
I could set the building on fire.

No wife, happy life.
MrPragmatic
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 8902

Postby ManWithAPlan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:47 pm

MrPragmatic wrote:I see quite a bit of Millenialls bashing not only here (in general), but in other forums I frequent. While it is sometimes tempting for me to join in the bashing, the truth of the matter is the blame ultimately falls squarely on the really shitty job their parents did of raising them as well as the 'everyone gets a trophy' culture they grew up in.

Don't forget that most of them pretty much went from kindergarten through high school without having a male teacher.

ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Postby FapMaster » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:12 pm

ManWithAPlan wrote:
MrPragmatic wrote:I see quite a bit of Millenialls bashing not only here (in general), but in other forums I frequent. While it is sometimes tempting for me to join in the bashing, the truth of the matter is the blame ultimately falls squarely on the really shitty job their parents did of raising them as well as the 'everyone gets a trophy' culture they grew up in.

Don't forget that most of them pretty much went from kindergarten through high school without having a male teacher.

And doped to the gills, under the guise of ADHD or some such.

No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it's only a question of degree. -W. C. Fields
FapMaster
Established Member

Liked: 3142

Postby trajan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:29 pm

As a childless 50-something, I don't know whether to laugh or weep about this. Twenty more years of the status quo. That's all I ask of the universe. After that it can all burn.

trajan
Established Member

Liked: 4138

Postby ManWithAPlan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:32 pm

FapMaster wrote:
ManWithAPlan wrote:

And doped to the gills, under the guise of ADHD or some such.

And I've just recently learned that schools get paid an extra $20,000 per pupil if they're on some disability (ADHD included). So schools have a monetary incentive to make sure as many students as possible are on those pills. It's fucking insane, and disgusting. We're literally fucking up kids for life, because some schools want more money, and their moms are too retarded to say otherwise.

Just remember that adderall is prescription only, and cops are working overtime to bust college students for using it. Yet they'll hand it out to pre-pubescent children like it's tictacs.

ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Postby Entreri » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:24 pm

MrPragmatic wrote:
2. Who the fuck would hire someone who is clearly incapable of doing anything on their own?

Women get hired all the time.

10mm or GTFO.

"Battles leave scars... some you can't see."
-- Kanan Jarrus
Entreri
Phantom

Liked: 19079

Postby Entreri » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:26 pm

trajan wrote:As a childless 50-something, I don't know whether to laugh or weep about this. Twenty more years of the status quo. That's all I ask of the universe. After that it can all burn.

No. I don't want 20 more DAYS of the status quo. If it's going to burn, it needs to do so while I'm still young enough to take part in the festivities.

10mm or GTFO.

"Battles leave scars... some you can't see."
-- Kanan Jarrus
Entreri
Phantom

Liked: 19079

Postby Eddie Willers » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:32 pm

MrPragmatic wrote:Who the fuck would hire someone who is clearly incapable of doing anything on their own?

As a hiring manager - not me.

I was interviewing a young 'un one day and the little sunumbiatch whipped out his sucky-phone and started fuckin' texting! I paused, then stood up, told him we were done and thanked him for coming in. He had a mighty confused look about him.

A gun-toting, weed-smoking, gray-bearded redneck with a Masters - old and dangerous.
Eddie Willers
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 4342

Postby Notorious GIT » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:53 pm

Before it's finally said and done, as the final bill comes due, you will know:

I am Hell.
Notorious GIT
Bellend Extraordinaire

Liked: 37836

Postby Slade » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:34 pm

FapMaster wrote:And doped to the gills, under the guise of ADHD or some such.

I think that only happens in inner city schools or something. I've met a boat load of boys (friends of my son) and none of them were medicated.

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 33147

Postby Slade » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:35 pm

Eddie Willers wrote:
MrPragmatic wrote:Who the fuck would hire someone who is clearly incapable of doing anything on their own?

As a hiring manager - not me.

I was interviewing a young 'un one day and the little sunumbiatch whipped out his sucky-phone and started fuckin' texting! I paused, then stood up, told him we were done and thanked him for coming in. He had a mighty confused look about him.

Did he ask "So when do I start?"

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 33147

Postby Notorious GIT » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:36 am

Entreri wrote:
trajan wrote:As a childless 50-something, I don't know whether to laugh or weep about this. Twenty more years of the status quo. That's all I ask of the universe. After that it can all burn.

No. I don't want 20 more DAYS of the status quo. If it's going to burn, it needs to do so while I'm still young enough to take part in the festivities.

Fuckin A. I'm so sick of everything. Anything later than fucking yesterday is beyond motherfucking unacceptable.

Before it's finally said and done, as the final bill comes due, you will know:

I am Hell.
Notorious GIT
Bellend Extraordinaire

Liked: 37836

Return to Jobs and Careers