I’m going in for a second interview tomorrow?

Hate your boss? Want a career change or landed a new job? Discussion forum for all things related to Jobs and Careers.

I’m going in for a second interview tomorrow?

Postby Nanatsu-Yoru » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:56 pm

OK, so I just when in for an interview today for a crappy dish washing job (I'm a college student) and I did alright.

However, they told me I have to come back in tomorrow for another one.

WTF? :roll:

Usually most of the time they just tell me I'll receive a call or email. Anybody have any experience with this?

Nanatsu-Yoru
Established Member

Liked: 1067

Re: I’m going in for a second interview tomorrow?

Postby Morgu » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:05 pm

Nanatsu-Yoru wrote:OK, so I just when in for an interview today for a crappy dish washing job (I'm a college student) and I did alright.

Usually most of the time they just tell me I'll receive a call or email. Anybody have any experience with this?

Unfortunately, I have too much.

The job market is saturated with people of all ages seeking employment (especially females). This has lead to companies setting their standards impossibly high for even dish washing jobs.

Fun fact: I was once turned down from a job because the interviewer (female, and from HR) disliked the color of my tie. If you search online, you will find many such horror stories.

If you don't hear from these people tomorrow, wait one week then call them back. Meantime, pursue other jobs with great activity. If these people don't decide to hire you, make certain to inquire as to the reason why. Their answer will be lie, of course, but it can be useful to see what your enemy wants you to.

--Morgu

*scene aboard MSS MGTOW*
Electronics officer: "Captain, Morgu, sir, western civilization now requires all men to live with a woman!"
Captain Morgu: "Diving officer, submerge the ship. Make your depth 3-5-0 feet..."

Funny thing about garlic, it keeps away three types of blood suckers: mosquitoes, vampires, and human females.

--Morgu
Morgu
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 14772

Postby Eddie Willers » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:32 pm

Holy shit - a callback interview for dishwasher? WTF indeed!

But take it as positive, yet keep on looking.

Good luck!

A gun-toting, weed-smoking, gray-bearded redneck with a Masters - old and dangerous.
Eddie Willers
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 4344

Postby ManWithAPlan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:00 pm

Eddie Willers wrote:Holy shit - a callback interview for dishwasher? WTF indeed!

But take it as positive, yet keep on looking.

Good luck!

Definitely keep looking, and don't be shy to try for something better than a dishwasher. In the past, they'd hire you or tell you they were not interested on the spot. I don't see what the fucking point of an interview is for washing dishes. These fuckers sound like they have their heads up their asses, and are doing you a favor for offering you a minimum wage job.

And since you're in college, I'll give you two pieces of advice I wish I took when I was in college. Whatever your major is, whatever you learn, that is not the most important part of college. The most important parts of college are NETWORKING and internships. Make sure you do both, and you do them well. Meet and get to know/befriend as many people as possible. Any one of these people could mean the difference between making six figures and leading a full life, or being unemployed for longer than you wish to imagine. Internships will also get you in the door without having to worry about the million + 1 requirements that all of these workplaces demand. If you have actual work experience (and that starts the second you begin your internship) you are golden. Just keep doing internships and don't feel like you don't know shit. Most internships don't require you to do any work, they just train you and make you do the most basic shit. In fact, try looking for a paid internship right now, you'll be surprised at what you may find. And most internships will happily give you a schedule that works around your classes.

The word "misogyny" is like a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble.
ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Liked: 41696

Postby hansmoleman » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:37 am

Nanatsu-Yoru wrote:OK, so I just when in for an interview today for a crappy dish washing job (I'm a college student) and I did alright.

How badly do you need this money? I'd tell them to fuck off...just go on welfare, get some kind of neetbux or something.

Develop a drug habit and then seek money from charities...

This is literally WTF. This is below your dignity my friend.

If the second "interview" doesn't just mean meeting the owner/manager and signing papers, seriously, walk out of there. Fuck them.

The more you put up with this shit the more common it will become. Let some illegal take the job. Then report their ass.

I'm seriously interested in what an "interview" for washing dishes consists of other than "do you know how to create a lather from soap" and maybe "do you have a criminal record".

hansmoleman
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 8103

Postby Nanatsu-Yoru » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:27 pm

I just got back from my second interview and I...............got a job as a host! :o

The manager gave me a choice between being a dishwasher and a host (thank god).

The gig is part time, so I overall couldn't be happier.

Nanatsu-Yoru
Established Member

Liked: 1067

Return to Jobs and Careers