I started doing this as a part-time (evenings/weekends) business about 7 months ago and the work is coming in nicely.
The benefits are:
1. Low start up costs, you basically need an extension ladder and a few basic tools and a car to get started.
2. Cash in hand, I do residential work only and it's all cash.
3. Excellent income, where I live I can make about €60 per hour just doing the gutters.
4. Add on services, as you increase the workload you can buy more equipment like a water fed pole or a pressure washer and add these on to your jobs e.g. fascia cleaning, conservatories, windows, driveway cleaning etc. and increase your earnings to €100 per hour.
5. You get to take plenty of money from empowered women and single mothers who don't need a man.
1. It is weather dependent and/or seasonal depending on your climate.
2. It takes time to build up your customer base, a lot of it is recommendations.