THE fucking crash

Bringing home the bacon! Loans, mortgages, savings, car finance, debt problems, making money, losing money, taxation, alimony...discuss all things money here.

THE fucking crash

Postby hasmat » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:06 am

Burn, bitch, burn.

Trying to find the thread where I predicted this scenario. It's here somewhere.

Sometimes even the blind squirrel finds a nut.

Anyhow. Get. Out. Now.

That is all.

You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he's free again.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
hasmat
Has 2 Y chromosomes

Liked: 10357

Re: THE fucking crash

Postby Pointerman » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:09 am

images.jpg
images.jpg (6.51 KiB) Viewed 3203 times

One good thing about being pretty fresh out of a divorce, I ain't got shit to get out and I got to keep all the guns and ammo.

"i'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn't like a person" -Bill Murray
Pointerman
Resident Redneck

Liked: 30172

Postby hasmat » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:16 am

PointermanKS wrote:
images.jpg

One good thing about being pretty fresh out of a divorce, I ain't got shit to get out and I got to keep all the guns and ammo.

Fucking eh, brother.

The hundreds of trillions of future taxpayer dollars that they have been using to keep the titanic afloat are not enough.

QE, PPT, metals manipulation and derivatives. The parasite bankers just killed the host so they can buy back shit for pennies on the dollar.

If they manage to turn this bitch as green as kermit today, go buy gold, silver and toilet paper.

You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he's free again.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
hasmat
Has 2 Y chromosomes

Postby TDG » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:01 am

hasmat wrote:Anyhow. Get. Out. Now.

I was never stupid enough to be 'in' to begin with...

Solipsism is a feature and not a bug. - TDG

In the long run, men making themselves happy makes women happy. Men trying to please women makes women miserable. Source: all of human history. - fairi5fair

There is nothing women ruin with such predictability as their own lives. - Alpha Game

She's not yours, she's just your turn. - Dudeist Priest
TDG
One Disgruntled Bastard

Liked: 60414

Postby hasmat » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:05 am

TDG wrote:
hasmat wrote:Anyhow. Get. Out. Now.

I was never stupid enough to be 'in' to begin with...

Me, either.

Anyone that bought into this kabuki theater bullshit of a "recovery" must live in a cave.

Anyone out there unwilling to admit that: 1) The USA has been bankrupt for some time, 2) The fuckers will make up whatever lie they need to further kick the can down the road and 3) That this shit will end very badly are probably beyond help at this juncture.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
hasmat
Has 2 Y chromosomes

Postby Pointerman » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:44 pm

Seems that it is "recovering" a little.... guess TPTB got a good price on what they wanted so now they are going to raise the price so that they make a bigger profit.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain....

"i'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn't like a person" -Bill Murray
Pointerman
Resident Redneck

Postby Charlie Horse » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:22 pm

This isn't THE crash. Bond markets are still in business and if they crashed that'd be the end of doing business in America. This is just a harvest of the loser public.

Consider that there are 5 asset classes:
#1 Cash money (But banks only FDIC 200K max so its only for small time $ plus there's no interest paid anymore)
#2 Treasuries (currently paying less than nothing in some cases. Generally pointless yield)
#3 Corporate/Municipal Bonds
#4 Commodities (Oil, Copper, Orange Juice etc.)
#5 Real Estate

#6 Derivatives (Special case. You cant really touch this realm. These add up to quadrillions, and are bets only the biggest banks make with each other. They're not backed up by actual savings though. Their notional value is in dollars, but in reality they're more of a new, abstracted form of money required to keep the exponentially growing ponzi going without hyper-inflating the money we use every day)

So if the money is leaving the stock market, where is it going? It HAS to go into one of the 5 categories, period. So who cares if it flows from markets to bonds, later bonds to treasuries, treasuries to real estate, etc. Its sloshing in the big pool. The big crash comes when wealth is destroyed! When the actual money is in question. When nobody knows how to value human labor anymore and all debts are forgotten.

Charlie Horse
PROSPECT

Liked: 199

Postby hasmat » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:58 pm

Charlie Horse wrote:This isn't THE crash. Bond markets are still in business and if they crashed that'd be the end of doing business in America. This is just a harvest of the loser public.

Consider that there are 5 asset classes:
#1 Cash money (But banks only FDIC 200K max so its only for small time $ plus there's no interest paid anymore)
#2 Treasuries (currently paying less than nothing in some cases. Generally pointless yield)
#3 Corporate/Municipal Bonds
#4 Commodities (Oil, Copper, Orange Juice etc.)
#5 Real Estate

#6 Derivatives (Special case. You cant really touch this realm. These add up to quadrillions, and are bets only the biggest banks make with each other. They're not backed up by actual savings though. Their notional value is in dollars, but in reality they're more of a new, abstracted form of money required to keep the exponentially growing ponzi going without hyper-inflating the money we use every day)

So if the money is leaving the stock market, where is it going? It HAS to go into one of the 5 categories, period. So who cares if it flows from markets to bonds, later bonds to treasuries, treasuries to real estate, etc. Its sloshing in the big pool. The big crash comes when wealth is destroyed! When the actual money is in question. When nobody knows how to value human labor anymore and all debts are forgotten.

Uh uh. Biggest loss week in the dow, ever. Biggest one day point swing ever. And it's now dropping like a stone, again.

You forgot: 7) The FED, thru brokers and member banks. That's where the 1s and 0s are headed. They leverage the shit at 100:1. Have you seen their balance sheet? That's where the money went. Back to those who created it out of thin air and traded it for future slave labor for generations.

You are describing post crash.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
hasmat
Has 2 Y chromosomes

Postby Pointerman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:04 am

U.S. stocks rallied, with the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index clawing back some of its losses from a global rout that sent the benchmark into a correction amid the steepest two-day drop since the financial crisis.

The S&P 500 rose 2.1 percent to 1,932.04 at 9:45 a.m. in New York, after closing Monday 11 percent below its May all-time high, meeting the definition of a correction for the first time since 2011. The Dow Jones Industrial Average added 309.26 points, or 2 percent, to 16,180.26. The Nasdaq Composite Index climbed 2.4 percent. The Chicago Board Options Exchange Volatility Index slid 21 percent, the most since October 2013.
The S&P's worst 2-day drop since the financial crisis
The S&P's worst 2-day drop since the financial crisis

“I’m not surprised to see the market move up, given the magnitude of the selloff we’ve seen the past four days and the moves made by China after the market close in terms of cutting rates,” said Michael James, managing director of equity trading at Wedbush Securities Inc. in Los Angeles. “The question is whether these levels will hold, and the only guarantee is another day of volatility.”

Index futures contracts briefly extended gains earlier after China cut interest rates for the fifth time since November and lowered the amount of cash banks must set aside in an attempt to stem the country’s biggest stock market rout since 1996 and a deepening economic slowdown.
Correction ‘Breather’

After a day of wild swings, the S&P 500 lost 3.9 percent Monday to cap a 7 percent two-day retreat, the most since December 2008. JPMorgan Chase & Co. today recommended buying at these levels.

The slump that wiped $2.7 trillion off the value of global equities was triggered by the devaluation of the Chinese yuan on Aug. 11, which spurred a domino drop in emerging-market assets on concern growth in the world’s second-biggest economy is faltering. Commodities, riskier assets and exporters suffered as investors fled to safety, until yesterday, when panic selling gripped what was once the bastion of stability -- the U.S. equity market.

“The correction was a much-needed breather,” said Kully Samra, who manages U.K. clients for Charles Schwab Corp. in London. “It had been four years since U.S. stocks had seen a correction and there had been very long span of very mild equity performance.”

Economic reports may further soothe investors, and offer clues on the timing of an interest-rate increase by the Federal Reserve. A consumer confidence index is expected to advance from last month, while July home purchases are also forecast to gain. Economists surveyed by Bloomberg anticipate new home sales will rise 5.8 percent to an annualized pace of 510,000.

Traders are now pricing in a roughly one-in-four chance the central bank will act at its September meeting, from about 48 percent just before the yuan devaluation, as the rout in equity markets has shaken confidence that the global economy will be strong enough to withstand higher U.S. rates.

Fed Bank of Atlanta President Dennis Lockhart said Monday he still expects a rate raise this year, while cautioning that a stronger dollar, a weaker Chinese yuan and falling oil prices complicate the outlook.

Now try to tell me the whole fucking thing isn't rigged, and penis enlargement pumps work too.

Pointerman
Resident Redneck

Postby going this way » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:23 am

Pointerman wrote:

and penis enlargement pumps work too.

I guess don't release the vacuum & keep it pumped at max? :lol:

Et erunt homines se ipsos amantes, cupidi, elati, superbi, blasphemi, parentibus inoboedientes, ingrate, scelesti
going this way
GPS Relocating...

Liked: 1137

Return to Money