Your "fuck you" fund and general status...

Bringing home the bacon! Loans, mortgages, savings, car finance, debt problems, making money, losing money, taxation, alimony...discuss all things money here.

Your "fuck you" fund and general status...

Postby PSIII » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:15 pm

Hey, did I ever mention that I hate my job?

:lol:

In the last few months, I buckled down and made a serious effort to save money. While there is no way I can survive on it forever, I have built up a nice "fuck you" fund that will allow me to coast for some time whenever I change jobs/career paths, because I really can't see myself staying where I am forever. If they get me first, I can comfortably look for a job without worrying about living under a bridge for a while.

I have two cars, neither in pristine shape, but I hope I can milk another 5 years out of both. That may be a stretch, but that's my hope.

If you hate your job like I do, build up a fund that will allow yourself some wiggle room if you run for the door at your current job, or if they show you to it. It will give you some peace of mind, which is absolutely priceless.

Captain Obvious material for sure, but I felt the desire to share this.

DON'T live paycheck to paycheck. It's a recipe for disaster, and will take a toll on you whether you fully realize it or not.

Built for the Future

"For the sake of any and every moment of levity you can steal from this fucked world, give no fucks ever about anything."

Notorious GIT
PSIII
MGTOW Veteran / Forum Moderator

Liked: 4658

Re: Your "fuck you" fund and general status...

Postby redboomstick » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:53 am

Good on you.

Thats exactly what i try to do. I am lucky enough to where i have 6 months buffer. Puts a lot more power in your hands, and lowers the stress level dramatically.

May your rifle always be zeroed, and your magazines never empty.
redboomstick
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 339

Postby WeeZul » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:27 pm

On current savings, I could live at normal level for 3-4 months. If I scrimped, I could make 6. That's pretty good where I am (Silicon Valley area). I'd like to have more, but my job doesn't pay me near what it should, and since my dad died I've been sending money up to help my Mom with her mortgage.

It wasn't easy getting to this level, but definitely worth it. Especially if you hate your job (which I do too).

WeeZul
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 937

Postby PSIII » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:49 pm

I forgot to add that my ultimate goal is to get some bullshit job and see how I can do with limited expenses. I want to have extra money first. No way in fuck I could even consider that with a wife and kids. Counting your blessings is always good.

Built for the Future

"For the sake of any and every moment of levity you can steal from this fucked world, give no fucks ever about anything."

Notorious GIT
PSIII
MGTOW Veteran / Forum Moderator

Liked: 4658

Postby going this way » Wed May 17, 2017 8:55 pm

I could make it about a year & a half if I took my 401k out (including the tax penalty), I think- or if I tightly budgeted I could get over 2 years, hoping it will go toward my funeral though or at least retirement.

Et erunt homines se ipsos amantes, cupidi, elati, superbi, blasphemi, parentibus inoboedientes, ingrate, scelesti
going this way
GPS Relocating...

Liked: 1194

Postby Eddie Willers » Wed May 17, 2017 11:15 pm

If I got let go tomorrow, I could live as well as I do now (which is quite frugally) on unemployment benefits for 11 months (mortgage & truck payment included); I then have savings for about another 6 months.

Don't get me wrong; I like my job - even if I do have to deal with harridans and morons.

A gun-toting, weed-smoking, gray-bearded redneck with a Masters - old and dangerous.
Eddie Willers
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 4440

Postby Phathack » Wed May 17, 2017 11:34 pm

I got laid off in November 2013.
I have yet to have to touch by 401K which has about 5 years of my old jobs salary.
I can take early retirement in 3 years but would rather extend that for the full amount some 9 years from now.
I take what ever odd jobs I can to make some cash where ever I can and let the rest of the world go floating by.

It helps that I have no rent or other major bills, Medical Insurance & Expense, Taxes and Utilities. My cost of living is really quite low and I'm not making that much of a sacrifice of lifestyle.

:ugeek:

When you life is in the suck, just don't give a fuck.
A member of the Basket of Deplorables, 2016
Proudly considered “unsuitable” by women since 1993.
Phathack
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 9626

Return to Money