Gold Could Go To $8000 Per Ounce, Silver To $200

Bringing home the bacon! Loans, mortgages, savings, car finance, debt problems, making money, losing money, taxation, alimony...discuss all things money here.

Gold Could Go To $8000 Per Ounce, Silver To $200

Postby Morgu » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:38 pm

Those of you with gold and silver might find this interesting.

Link for the article: http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/t ... 0_08142016

The World’s Purest Silver Producer Just Made A Stunning Forecast: Gold Could Go To $8000 Per Ounce, Silver To $200
Mac Slavo
August 14th, 2016
SHTFplan.com
Comments (51)
Read by 7,941 people

gold-forecast2

As stock markets around the world crashed in early January of this year amid panic selling, investors seeking safety began allocating their portfolios towards precious metals assets. While prices in almost every other asset class dropped precipitously, physical gold and silver, as well as the publicly traded companies that mine them, exploded to the upside. It was exactly the confirmation those on the sidelines had been looking for, as it proved that in the heat of crisis and confusion, money would flow to historical safe haven assets of last resort.

At the time, Keith Neumeyer, the CEO of the world’s top primary silver producer boldly predicted that silver would rise to $20 by the end of the year, which would mean a 40% rise. Neumeyer’s prediction came to pass in half the time and along with it came a 600% increase in the price of shares for his company First Majestic Silver, further confirming his assessment that investing in precious metals producers is a powerful way to leverage rising prices in the physical metals.

Now Neumeyer, who is also the Chairman of gold-focused mineral bank First Mining Finance (which has seen a 220% increase this year), has another bold prediction. With his insider understanding of the resource market and close relationships with many in the industry, Neumeyer says we should prepare ourselves for gold to rise to a possible high of $8,000 per ounce, which would mean at least at least $200 for silver, with the potential to go significantly higher. Even Neumeyer himself notes in an interview with Future Money Trends that some who hear his latest forecast may consider it “far-fetched.” But make no mistake, the supply fundamentals, increased demand from the tech industry, and the generally panicked investment environment around the world, suggest Neumeyer is once again right on target.

We’re starting to see some new buyers come into this market… We’re seeing some very, very high net worth people come into gold… some huge institutions that didn’t even touch the metal before are now advocating that you have to own gold… I listen daily now to new people getting on to the gold story… I think that’s going to change the demand dynamics of the metal going forward.

We got down to a level of $1050 [in December of 2015]. If we have the same type of move that we did before [in 2011] from $250 to $1900, that’s going to give us $8,000 gold… what does that give you for silver? That’s a couple hundred dollars or even more. It’s hard to imagine silver prices at those kind of numbers but it’s not far-fetched to believe that can happen.

(Watch At Youtube)

Neumeyer continues:

We only have a couple companies on the planet that can call themselves true silver companies and that tells me silver mines are way rarer than people actually think they are and that’s still not priced into the market.

We’re mining 9-to-1… So for every ounce of gold we’re mining nine ounces of silver… and we’re trading somewhere in the low 60-to-1 range and that, to me, is absolutely ridiculous. I think we will see much, much lower ratios closer to the ratio where we’re currently mining.

Keeping in mind that Keith Neumeyer is the CEO of the world’s leading primary silver producer, the fact that they are mining nine ounces of silver for every ounce of gold, and with the current trading ratio at about 60-to-1, current prices are completely disconnected from reality.

In essence, what this ratio means is that, at current prices, either gold needs to drop to $180 per ounce, or silver needs to rise to about $140.

Given the state of affairs globally, we can safely say that gold isn’t going to drop that low, which leaves only one real possibility and that is that silver will continue to rise in coming months and years.

And with silver rising and gold likely to continue doing so, Neumeyer says everyone should have some physical gold and silver in their portfolios as insurance for continued central bank currency destruction and economic calamity.

From an investment standpoint, however, he says owning resource mining stocks will significantly leverage any upside moves in precious metals:

I think it’s the best time to be investing gold mining stocks and silver mining stocks.

Mining stocks as a whole outperform the metal by a factor of two or three to one. So, of course you should have physical metal in your portfolio. I think everyone should have a little bit of silver and a little bit of gold. But at the same time, if you really want to make serious money investing in this sector you’ve got to buy good quality stocks run by good management teams like in the case of First Mining Finance and of course First Majestic Silver.

We have already seen what happens with physical precious metals prices and their producers when capital shifts out of broader stocks as it flees to safety on two occasions this year. Those stock corrections were minor compared to what’s coming.

Within this context, consider what gold, silver and resource stocks will do when that next wave of wealth destruction happens.

--Morgu

*scene aboard MSS MGTOW*
Electronics officer: "Captain, Morgu, sir, western civilization now requires all men to live with a woman!"
Captain Morgu: "Diving officer, submerge the ship. Make your depth 3-5-0 feet..."

Funny thing about garlic, it keeps away three types of blood suckers: mosquitoes, vampires, and human females.
Morgu
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 13070

Re: Gold Could Go To $8000 Per Ounce, Silver To $200

Postby ManWithAPlan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:36 pm

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a lot of elites like Soros bought a shitload of gold, expecting something like Brexit to fuck over the global economy, only to have the opposite happen. So now they're looking to sell for a profit by advertising to the local chump that he could make a killing by driving these prices up.

The word "misogyny" is like a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble.
ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Liked: 39516

Postby The Signal » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:39 pm

Gold has been artificially inflated by people's emotional reactions for years now. If I want SHTF protection, it will be in (1) arable land and (2) ammunition, not gold. I say gold is already inside a nice, big bubble.

P.S.: I think that's plausible, MWaP.

The Signal
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 6674

Postby hansmoleman » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:00 pm

Its a bunch of shit written by kooks.

If you want gold, buy physical.

I lost thousands on gold stocks in 2013 when (((they))) crashed the market, and the market never recovered, and likely won't until central banks go out of business.

Never buy stock in a commodity company until you see (((Goldman Sachs))) put out a report in favor of it.

If goldman said gold will go to 8K, i'd buy some, not because I trust them, but because they will manipulate the market to make their "analysis" a reality.

hansmoleman
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 7858

Postby Fox » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:40 pm

So people who sell gold and silver for a living say that gold and silver are due for a massive spike in value and we should buy now?
BlankCheck.jpg
BlankCheck.jpg (25.37 KiB) Viewed 1383 times

Fox
Established Member

Liked: 2089

Postby Phathack » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:08 pm

I have heard people make these ridiculous claims about Gold, Silver and Oil.
Gold will be $8000 Per Ounce, Silver will be $200 Per Ounce, Oil will be $200 per Barrel....

The Result is after years of them saying this.
  • Gold peaked at $1,917.90 and fell back to $1300 range
  • Silver peaked at $50.50 and fell back to $20 range
  • Oil peaked at $136.31 before falling back into the $40 range.

Now if any of those beat the peak prices seen above then you might get my attention.

Oh and if any of you guys want to give me $8000 / Krugerrand I have quite a few I will sell at that price. :D

:ugeek:

Proudly considered “unsuitable” by women since 1993
Phathack
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 8528

Postby K-Dog » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Take heed of Phathack's observations.

In early 1980 gold peaked at about $850 per troy ounce. Even using the government's official inflation figures, which many (including me) suspect grossly understate the true rate of inflation, that would be about $2,300 today had gold simply kept pace. It didn't. And note that the recent peak didn't hit even $2,000.

Other threads have discussed precious metals. Remember these observations that I made in some of those threads:

There is no modern example of a currency crashing and the people and government in a country going to gold and silver as a replacement. Not even in the worst of wars, unrest, hyperinflation, and so forth.

Contrary to the scenario some "gold bugs" present the gullible investor, if things get so bad that dollars are really worthless, you won't be using (say) old gold and "junk silver" coins to buy bread at the store: the store ain't gonna be open, and no one will have bread for sale. All the stores will have been looted and burned.

You can't eat precious metals. This is relevant because if the shit really hits the fan, people won't sell survival goods at any price. No one will be selling canned food, weapons, ammo, basic clothing, and other such supplies if it's that bad. Use any spare money you have now to buy that survival stuff, not precious metals. Take the advice of Fernando "FerFAL" Aguirre in Argentina and pay special attention to stocking lots of canned foods. I have done this and now have food to last for over a year. Now I'm looking at ammo. I ain't looking at shiny metals that aren't shaped like bullets.

Perhaps this will put that $8,000 gold and $200 silver in perspective. The gold bugs are trying to sell you something. Don't fall for it.

"To say that privacy does not matter because I have nothing to hide is analogous to saying free speech does not matter because I have nothing to say."—Ranome of MGTOWHQ.com
K-Dog
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 6294

Postby fester » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:55 pm

The people hawking gold and silver have an agenda, and that is to reap a profit...off of you.

They can say anything they want about where gold and silver MIGHT go, but they don't really know, anymore than I do.

It's always the same old thing; "Listen to me, and I'll tell you the magic secrets that everyone else doesn't want you to know".

Trust me, give me your money, and I'll make you rich.

The oldest con in the world.

fester is one of "the beautiful ones"

"It's FAR too late to unfuck this chicken."
Womanhater
fester
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 25178

Postby Self sufficient » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:14 am

I can't help but think that with gold the opportunity for large profits has well and truly past.
Probably for another generation.

I witnessed the gold boom in the 80's.At the time I was still in high school and penniless.
In 2005,I knew the shit was going to hit the fan with the upcoming GFC,eventually.
So I bought then,knowing that gold had been in the doldrums for decades,something we do not have now.
In other words it had a stable floor for many years,and plenty of potential upside.
I was both lucky and right and managed to sell close to the peak in 2012 for a profit of 150%!
This however seems impressive on face value but over those years it amounted to a non compounding interest rate of 21%
Still quite good and for my first dabble at speculation I was rather happy.

I just can't see any clear potential here to make money on gold at this point.
Maybe I'll have another opportunity in my life time after the price has plateaued for many years and everyone has forgotten about it.
Then hopefully,I'll have the balls to put a much larger sum down.

Four-Phases-of-a-Bubble-Graph.png
Four-Phases-of-a-Bubble-Graph.png (214.52 KiB) Viewed 1199 times

This graph in my opinion describes these mania events quite well historically and human nature doesn't change much.
I can't however see how the current gold price fits in here as we never had the a good "blow off phase" but rather a good correction.

Marriage is the greatest fraud ever perpetrated on men.
Self sufficient
Established Member

Liked: 3124

Postby thescalpmaster » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:49 pm

I trade oil everyday but I speculate gold once in a while. I have captured the drop last week :lol: 8-)

I don't think we will even cross 1700 within the next 12 months so there's no way we are going to reach 8000. You're talking about a ~650% rise in the price of gold. There's no way we are going to be there without massive inflation.

Massive inflation is not possible because we are in a deflation mode right now with those record low interest rates to pump the cash into the economy. So, I don't see any possibility of high inflation for the next few years. {Yes, it takes atleast few years to get inflated.}

The second thing is that gold is not a hedge against inflation. Basically it means that gold will not rise as at the same rate as the inflation. I don't want to explain why right now because it's too complicated.

I'm posting a few charts with possible predictions for the next year, if it rises.

Attachments
gold weekly.png
This is the weekly chart. If we are in a bubble, it follows a curved pattern with geometrically rising acceleration. In this case, we will probably cross 1700 by sept-oct 2017. We have a HUGE resistance there. So, unless the inflation hits a record high (very very very unlikely because of current deflation) there's no way we are going to break that barrier unless there's a really good fundamental reason to.
gold weekly.png (116.46 KiB) Viewed 901 times
gold daily.png
This is the daily chart. We are currently in a period of rest after the bull trend from feb 2016.
gold daily.png (119.09 KiB) Viewed 901 times
thescalpmaster
BANNED

Liked: 0

Postby Slade » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:14 pm

Gold and silver have been tumbling lately.

With a few exceptions, we are living in a deflationary world.

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 31842

Postby Live Free or Die » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:11 pm

Slade wrote:Gold and silver have been tumbling lately.

With a few exceptions, we are living in a deflationary world.

THIS

Notice how the SAME people and sites keep selling this shit?

Buy Gold!
Buy Silver!
Buy ammo!
Buy 1 year of food!
Buy a survival bunker!

ANY DAY NOW, the USA is going to to go shit with HYPER INFLATION and paper money will be WORTHLESS, because of the FED and FEMA is going to come along and put us all in CONCENTRATION CAMPS.

The only things really going up in price are healthcare, college tuition (services), cable TV (due to sports programming fees) and maybe some food.

Almost else is deflationary due to technological gains, slowing birth rates, baby boomers retiring, etc.

Another reason for deflation and not a very strong economy is income inequality. So many people can't save money or buy any luxuries. They can only buy necessities. Meanwhile the rich put their wealth into the stock market and real estate, causing bubbles in both.

A bachelor is a man who has deprived a woman of a divorce.
Live Free or Die
Provider = Sucker

Liked: 2532

Return to Money