Missing fresher times of online dating

Discussions on all aspects of dating and dating sites such as POF, OKC, etc.

Missing fresher times of online dating

Postby going this way » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:19 pm

I was thinking of some of the older dating websites & what it was like for dating (or lurking) online years ago, which came around some years after I myself began dating. There was an excitement about it for a while that caused a fad of couples/married people to split but get together with someone else far away. That was the 2000's -a bit before then but mostly around then. I remember I would hear the rumors of split ups by just being around people like at a barber shop or store. I think it still goes on though not as much as it used to, online dating or finding someone from online in the 2000's was different.

Anyway I miss the better dating websites, before match.com - Yahoo! dating was not that good, American Singles was sort of alright & so was Swoon -though it seemed geared toward women. Shoot back around those years one could almost find a decent partner in many chatrooms even, & chatting was better, maybe it was just me but I like to think not. I've noticed people buy websites/businesses -the good ones- & it comes to an end, hope that changes, but it's getting to be like hoping feminism will reach it's nadir, every time it just gets lower.

It's likely happening out there somewhere, just because you haven't heard that it is, or read somewhere that it is, doesn't mean it isn't happening.
going this way
GPS Relocating...

Liked: 1075

Re: Missing fresher times of online dating

Postby Dr Van Nostrand » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:53 am

Eh, the only useful thing about online dating apps/sites today is the fact that you can easily get nude pics & a one night stand without giving your number. Shit, sometimes you don't even have to give them your name & they only know you by your username. Once you are done with them you can delete your profile & create a new one & do it all over again.

I say what I say & if you don't like it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't give a fuck.

Dr Van Nostrand
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 20186

Return to Dating