Live in 1950s or Today?

If you ever wanted to make a poll about MGTOW stuff? This is the place to create your polls.

Would you rather live in the 1950s or today?

1950s
15%
Today
85%

Total votes : 26

Live in 1950s or Today?

Postby Live Free or Die » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:09 pm

The question is simple. Would you rather live in the 1950s with the Leave it to Beaver lifestyle or today where it is a free for all?

1950s: Married young to a woman who probably wasn't attracted to you. She would lay back and think of England a couple times a year while you had sex with her. Have the standard 2-3 children. Work a lifetime for the same company.

Today: Sexual and economic free for all. No restrictions, no fault divorce, etc. Constantly switch partners and switch jobs.

As for me - I much prefer a free for all as I don't like constrictions on my freedom.

A bachelor is a man who has deprived a woman of a divorce.
Live Free or Die
Provider = Sucker

Liked: 2769

Re: Live in 1950s or Today?

Postby Demosthenes » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:36 pm

The 1950s as some sort of ideal period is pretense and fantasy.

The various television programs portraying that 'ideal' were entertainment productions after all.

Women don't owe men anything. Not a smile. Not sex, Not even empathy or compassion. Men don't owe women anything either. Not interest. Not resources. And definitely not commitment or children.
-----
Somewhere in a lonely hotel room there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2AM.
------
So, I'll Do It - I guess there's nothin' to say, its all been said
I'll Do It - Make sure you want it this way, 'cause when it's done this time, I'll be gone
Demosthenes
Freezing Cold Sanity

Liked: 24302

Postby The Signal » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:51 pm

Are you asking us if we'd prefer painful knowledge or comfortable ignorance? Isn't that the offer Neo was given?

I'll take knowledge every time. I can handle it--my whiskey collection is big enough.

- The Signal
The Signal
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 7387

Postby anon_mgtow » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:53 pm

If I could have modern technology (internet, youtube, skype, laptop, smartphone, etc) in the 1950s, then I would choose 1950s.

anon_mgtow
Established Member

Liked: 663

Postby WheelBarrow » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:33 am

anon_mgtow wrote:If I could have modern technology (internet, youtube, skype, laptop, smartphone, etc) in the 1950s, then I would choose 1950s.

But you can't. You have to take the '50s as they were and today as it is.

I don't know what the future holds, but experiencing the events of the past year (Brexit, Trump) is beyond anything we could have experienced 60+ years ago.

I'll take today with all of its warts.

“Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington

"A tattoo on a hot woman is like a bumper sticker on a Ferrari" -- unknown man with discriminating taste.
WheelBarrow
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 7590

Postby fester » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:28 pm

You have to see the 50's in context.

The thirties were a nightmare for most, economically and politically.

The first half of the forties were a fight for survival for a large part of the world.

Europe was in ruins, Japan had been nuked and defeated, Russia lost a huge chunk of its people and the US...

Pretty much unscathed compared to everyone else.

We had an intact infrastructure, massive manufacturing capability ready to shift from guns to butter, and a population that just wanted to enjoy some good times for a change.

Add to that the GI bill and all those men coming home to be civilian suburban daddies.

It lasted for twenty to twenty five years.

It was a great time to exist as I remember it.

The Space Age. The baby boom and the growth of modern suburbia. Really nice cars. Television.

And except for occaisional dick measuring contests with the USSR, and Korea, relatively peaceful.

The early and mid sixties, well it started to unravel when JFK got shot, but it was a great time to be a kid.

If I had a time machine, I'd go back to the seaside town we lived in in 1957.

I'd go back to it in a heartbeat.

fester is one of "the beautiful ones"

"It's FAR too late to unfuck this chicken."
Womanhater
fester
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 26046

Postby MrPragmatic » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:00 pm

All the fucked up shit we all deal with notwithstanding, I'd much prefer to be an adult now than in the 1950s.

I'm glad I don't live in a time when the truth about a woman's nature was unavailable to me.

I'm glad I don't live in a time when I'd have no choice but to suffer in silence married for the rest of my life to someone who despises me.

I'm glad I don't live in a time when career opportunities and advancement were limited only to married men.

I'm glad I don't live in a time when I'd have to get married in order to get laid.

Yeah, fuck all that with a fire hose.

Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler....
I could set the building on fire.

No wife, happy life.
MrPragmatic
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 8897

Postby Entreri » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Fuck all cunts.

MrPragmatic wrote:All the fucked up shit we all deal with notwithstanding, I'd much prefer to be an adult now than in the 1950s.

I'm glad I don't live in a time when the truth about a woman's nature was unavailable to me.

I'm glad I don't live in a time when I'd have no choice but to suffer in silence married for the rest of my life to someone who despises me.

I'm glad I don't live in a time when career opportunities and advancement were limited only to married men.

I'm glad I don't live in a time when I'd have to get married in order to get laid.

Yeah, fuck all that with a fire hose.

This. Exactly this. I like not being discriminated against because I'm not married.

I'll take today, with its tech, knowledge, and yes, even its shit, over the Fantasy Fifties.

"Battles leave scars... some you can't see."
-- Kanan Jarrus

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange
A walk on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?
Entreri
Phantom

Liked: 18512

Postby ernave » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:25 am

Live Free or Die wrote:
1950s: Married young to a woman who probably wasn't attracted to you.

Where are you getting that idea from?

ernave
Established Member

Liked: 2282

Postby Entreri » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:36 am

Fuck all cunts.

ernave wrote:
Live Free or Die wrote:

Probably the fact that women lose any attraction they may have had for any man that proves himself beta chump enough to put a ring on her.

But that's just a guess.

-- Kanan Jarrus

Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange
Entreri
Phantom

Postby Slade » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:54 am

ernave wrote:
Live Free or Die wrote:

A lot of those women hit the eject button once no fault divorce (along with cash and prizes) became available. They married because they were under a lot of pressure to do so. The last thing they wanted was to become the leftover spinster. So they married reliable beta chumps and cheated on them while they were at work since they couldn't frivorce them for cash and prizes at the time. My late mother, who was VERY tradcon, told me, while unable to hide the disgust in her voice, about all the cheating wives in our pristine, 1960's California neighborhood. She also told me that they rode the carousel back then as well.

It was no different back then, it was just kept under wraps for the sake of keeping up appearances. The only thing different was that you needed a valid reason to divorce, which is why some people would hire a detective when they knew they were being hoodwinked, so they could present evidence in court.

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 32953

Postby MisterPho » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:07 am

Definitely today:
- The toys are so much cooler today.
- Even if you take away the high risk and one-sidedness of divorce, marriage still sucks.

MisterPho
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 12814

Postby Schattenmann » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:32 pm

toys, internet, sci fi, fantasy mainstream.
knowledge at my fingertips, talking and exchanging ideas with men all over the world.
free hookers and prn.

nah, today.

the future though, not to certain about that (islam, no whores and prn, no free speech) oO

Schattenmann
Established Member

Liked: 2991

Postby Entreri » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:35 pm

Schattenmann wrote:toys, internet, sci fi, fantasy mainstream.
knowledge at my fingertips, talking and exchanging ideas with men all over the world.
free hookers and prn.

nah, today.

the future though, not to certain about that (islam, no whores and prn, no free speech) oO

Fuck all cunts.

Well, look at it this way, the muzzies will probably just want to kill you. And death sets you free. So there's that.

-- Kanan Jarrus

Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange
Entreri
Phantom

Postby Morgu » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Entreri wrote:
Schattenmann wrote:toys, internet, sci fi, fantasy mainstream.
free hookers and prn.

nah, today.

Fuck all cunts.

Well, look at it this way, the muzzies will probably just want to kill you. And death sets you free. So there's that.

Figure there will be a few years of Europe being all muzzie/muzzie dominated. Then the people of Europe become sick of being ruled by a medieval death cult, and Europe will descend into war.

Figure 2017-2020 for the take over of Europe by muzzies, then maybe 2020-2025-ish for the " being ruled by muzzies" years, then 2025 - ? for the purging.

--Morgu

*scene aboard MSS MGTOW*
Electronics officer: "Captain, Morgu, sir, western civilization now requires all men to live with a woman!"
Captain Morgu: "Diving officer, submerge the ship. Make your depth 3-5-0 feet..."

Funny thing about garlic, it keeps away three types of blood suckers: mosquitoes, vampires, and human females.

--Morgu
Morgu
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 14117

Postby Slade » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:37 pm

Morgu wrote:Figure 2017-2020 for the take over of Europe by muzzies, then maybe 2020-2025-ish for the " being ruled by muzzies" years, then 2025 - ? for the purging.

I think it will take longer, as they aren't close to critical mass yet. That said, if the current trend continues then it is inevitable, but I think it won't be until after say 2050 or maybe even later. There are 500 million people and IIRC there are about 20 million Muslims in the EU. The muzzies won't need to be the majority to take over, but they will need to be a lot more than 20 million.

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 32953

Postby Kcorain130 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:05 am

I voted for Today, even though a lot of the comedy and music I like was popular in the 1950s.

Classic British stuff like the Goon Show in the UK and Big Band and Jazz both British and American.

I prefer stuff that was mainly 20's to 40s in terms of the Jazz but it was till popular in the 50s even though Rock and Roll was in the ascendance.

I get a warm feeling when I watch/listen to stuff made in the 50's, even though I wasn't born for another 30 years or so!

I love the culture but I voted for today because I'd miss the technology even if society is going down the tubes morally and the "pop" music is not at all to my taste!

To be nobody but myself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting. -E.E. Cummings

When relationships with others are nothing but cost with no benefit, there can only be one outcome: more and more men looking out only for themselves. We get to the point where the only person we will trust is ourselves. That could be a great thing, or it could be a terrible thing - I don't know. But I do know that I have no other choice. - Mongolking
Kcorain130
Established Member

Liked: 6194

Return to The Polling Station