Risk of divorce is much lower than you might think!

Discussion forum for Marriage Sucks discussions! Topics can include Alimony, Personal Stories, Divorce and State Sponsored Punishment. Some positive karma stories would be nice too!

Re: Risk of divorce is much lower than you might think!

Postby Notorious GIT » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Ah marriage... Giving the best 50 years of your life to a woman for the 10 good ones she has.

Well... A hundred years ago...

These days it's giving the best 50 years of your life for none of her good years after fucking a bunch of the men she'd rather be with and resents you for not being.

Meantime I can barely even tolerate cursory interaction with the best looking, best behaved among them.

Let me get right on that whole marriage deal.

Before it's finally said and done, as the final bill comes due, you will know:

I am Hell.
Notorious GIT
Bellend Extraordinaire

Liked: 37824

Postby KingofWisdom » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:05 am

And divorce statistics don't even take into account separated couples, or those who are together but want to murder each other. I would never humor marriage after all my red pill research.

Women wring their hands when men become financial slaves to their ex-wives and never get to see their children, I'll wring my hands when they die alone in debt with their cats.
KingofWisdom
Established Member

Liked: 3085

Postby Slade » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:44 pm

I learned more about the nephew who has been ejected from his marriage. His cupcake is posting provocative pictires of herself on fakebook. There is absolutely no doubt she is sleeping with other guys, even though he moved out just a few weeks ago. He is so desperate to get her back that he is actually "liking" her slut shots. I told his parents that if she calls the police and tells them that she feels threatened by him, that they will never see their grandchildren again. Being that she did that with her previous husband, it is virtually certain that she will do this to him too.

I feel sorry for him. He was the stereotypical thirsty beta when he married her a few years ago.

Anyway, I'm sure articles like this are no consolation to him.

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 33135

Postby Untameable » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:08 am

Risk of snakebite much lower than you might think!
Cuddle a cobra today!

hasmat wrote:The delusions that so many have is incredible. Some men, but nearly all women.
Watching them touch the hot stove, over and over, is like watching a retard finger paint with their own shit.

The question is not whether fish needs bicycles. The correct question is how fast will this bicycle I throw in the ocean rust?
Untameable
Slayer of Shackles

Liked: 4703

Postby Calloway » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:21 am

Slade wrote:...if she calls the police and tells them that she feels threatened by him, that they will never see their grandchildren again. Being that she did that with her previous husband, it is virtually certain that she will do this to him too.

No disrespect to your nephew, Slade (because Lord knows, I've had my moments myself), but after taking the red pill, it amazes me how men don't see this coming. In so many men, they look at the past history of things to judge what the future dealings with that thing will be like.

But with women, men are just blind. I know a lot of that is because of the programming society repeatedly beats into a man - "Don't judge a woman!" and "The past is the past!" and other such bullshit bullet-points only serve to help keep the cattle happy as they march into the slaughterhouse.

Calloway
Tech Impaired Nutjob

Liked: 14169

Postby No4Dad » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:19 am

Calloway wrote:
Slade wrote:...if she calls the police and tells them that she feels threatened by him, that they will never see their grandchildren again. Being that she did that with her previous husband, it is virtually certain that she will do this to him too.

No disrespect to your nephew, Slade (because Lord knows, I've had my moments myself), but after taking the red pill, it amazes me how men don't see this coming. In so many men, they look at the past history of things to judge what the future dealings with that thing will be like.

But with women, men are just blind. I know a lot of that is because of the programming society repeatedly beats into a man - "Don't judge a woman!" and "The past is the past!" and other such bullshit bullet-points only serve to help keep the cattle happy as they march into the slaughterhouse.

It's what my ex's husband did. He was told all about my ex fucking around on me but signed up anyway. Turns out that after he's married to her he finds that he doesn't trust her (daughters tell me this unsolicited). Then he bites his tongue to not make it worse, from what I gather. Meanwhile, she plays the same, "he's just a friend"-games with him that she did with me all surrounding the notion of, "You have to trust me! Stop dredging up the past!!!"

Yeah.. The past is what tells people what your character is and that they shouldn't trust you. Further, being flagrant with your "just friends"-buddies is an obvious problem.

It's really quite twisted when you think about it. Just all fucked up in logic and feelings.

No4Dad
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 15557

Postby DMcG94 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:02 am

The risk of a shark attack is also lower than what people think however that doesn't mean I'm going to go out at dusk and swim in open water.

DMcG94
Established Member

Liked: 519

Postby DrunkenMaster » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:05 pm

Yeah , still not getting married again , any relationship that requires a contract to ratify it is obviously deeply flawed from the start .

The constant is that there is no constant , the universe is dynamic and ever changing , so hence change is the constant.
DrunkenMaster
8 ways drunken master

Liked: 6731

Postby Slade » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:21 pm

Calloway wrote:No disrespect to your nephew

None taken. I did face palm when I learned he was going to marry her.

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Postby Live Free or Die » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:37 pm

Risk of divorce is 0% if you stay a Happy Bachelor your whole life! :D

A bachelor is a man who has deprived a woman of a divorce.
Live Free or Die
Provider = Sucker

Liked: 2772

Postby Slade » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:01 am

DrunkenMaster wrote:Yeah , still not getting married again , any relationship that requires a contract to ratify it is obviously deeply flawed from the start .

Especially when cupcake can tear that contract up on a whim and be awarded cash and prizes.

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Postby kirik » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:30 am

Calloway wrote:But with women, men are just blind. I know a lot of that is because of the programming society repeatedly beats into a man - "Don't judge a woman!" and "The past is the past!" and other such bullshit bullet-points only serve to help keep the cattle happy as they march into the slaughterhouse.

Except we judge the past of nearly everything and everyone when it comes to decisions everyday! For example, Coffeeshop X has served poor quality coffee in the past, I think I'll go to Coffeeshop Y. When you hire someone, you judge the applicant's experience, education and fit by evaluating the resumé and interviewing! Why would we NOT judge a woman by her past actions? (PS, I'm just trying to make clearer the point Calloway has already made)

On another note, I had just quickly skimmed the article and have a small beef with the definition of risk used. I once had the pleasure of sitting on a lecture about risk in an engineering class. The definition of risk used there was odds of a negative event times the monetary consequences of said event. As applied to marriage, even if the odds of divorce aren't as low as commonly thought, the monetary consequences can be so large that even the lower odds presented in the article make marriage rather unpalatable.

kirik
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 1691

Postby Phathack » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:36 pm

C4ZMYOaUkAEuwEV.jpg
C4ZMYOaUkAEuwEV.jpg (74.49 KiB) Viewed 721 times

Proudly considered “unsuitable” by women since 1993
Phathack
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 8987

Postby No4Dad » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:58 pm

Phathack wrote:
C4ZMYOaUkAEuwEV.jpg

Let's be fair to them: None of them were 100% happy all of the time. They deserve to be 100% happy 100% of the time.

No4Dad
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 15557

Postby Orangutan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:54 pm

As a thirty-something year old who has never been married, I can barely conceive of actually going through with a marriage.

I think of the paperwork at city hall, making arrangements for the ceremony, paying for all of it, and actually showing up to my own wedding.

In my mind it all seems so unrealistic and unlikely, but also undesirable when I think of all the men I know who are divorced.

Orangutan
Banana Republican

Liked: 5515

Postby Slade » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Phathack wrote:
C4ZMYOaUkAEuwEV.jpg

Now add in the women would want a divorce but don't have the gumption to do it.

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Postby Kcorain130 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:13 pm

Even when a marriage is "working" it looks like absolute hell to me as an observer... and as someone who prefers solitude, no way I would do it even if the risk of divorce etc was 0 percent.

Don't these people get it, its not just the "risks" of marriage, that put us off, it the fact that a great many of us DON'T WANT IT ANYWAY!

I don't care about the advantages, I don't care about earning more money (yeah, like putting on a wedding ring is going to earn you more money... no pushing yourself and asking for that raise earns you more money, marriage has fuck all to do with it!) I don't want to do it, full stop.

I wouldn't care if it was some fantasy world of non stop blowjobs, I prefer to be alone.

You cannot sell something to someone who doesn't want what you are selling, the ads and disads are irrelevant, they mean nothing to me!

To be nobody but myself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting. -E.E. Cummings

When relationships with others are nothing but cost with no benefit, there can only be one outcome: more and more men looking out only for themselves. We get to the point where the only person we will trust is ourselves. That could be a great thing, or it could be a terrible thing - I don't know. But I do know that I have no other choice. - Mongolking
Kcorain130
Established Member

Liked: 6526

Postby Orangutan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:30 pm

Kcorain130 wrote:Even when a marriage is "working" it looks like absolute hell to me as an observer... and as someone who prefers solitude, no way I would do it even if the risk of divorce etc was 0 percent.

Yeah, the last time I was in a relationship, a lot of superficial things really turned me off, like her poking me at 6:00am to wake me up "for the fun of it".

I'm far too used to solitude and freedom to ever get used to "being together with someone".

I don't care about the advantages, I don't care about earning more money (yeah, like putting on a wedding ring is going to earn you more money... no pushing yourself and asking for that raise earns you more money, marriage has fuck all to do with it!) I don't want to do it, full stop.

In the past, it might have been different when your marriage meant you enjoy, at least in theory, a loyal housewife and virtuous mother to your children. However, when that option became unavailable, the institution of marriage ceased to provide any advantages.

I simply can't conceive of any advantage my married colleagues and friends have over me. There's always some problem they're dealing with, and it sure as hell doesn't "make them better people". It is just precious life time and emotional energy spent on bullshit.

Orangutan
Banana Republican

Liked: 5515

Previous

Return to Marriage Sucks!