What was the worst game that you played in your life?

Dedicated to all things technical and cool! Discuss games, consoles, TVs, iPads, phones, Laptops, CPUs, PCs, appliances etc etc etc, you name it!

Postby Max the lagomorph » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:12 am

The worst game I ever played in my life was Catwoman for PS2. The game is based on the shitty movie with the same name, playing this game was simply a torture. For starters you can not adjust the camera and the controls had a delayed response, and of course to make things worse the game was repetitive to the extreme. The enemies had no difference between themselves, apart from skin and weapons; And the way to defeat them is the same: Throw them in dumpsters, elevators, holes, windows or beat them so badly until they become afraid of you and leave the stage. The bosses are a pain in the ass to defeat, they all seem to have a spider sense, they can easily divert and block your attacks, a strategy to defeat them, is to throw objects at them and then take advantage when they are stunned to make a combo on them, but good luck on that, because in view of how bad the controls are, the delay in the controls and the fact that the bosses are more fast then you and always on your tail, it's more easy to keep beating them until you break their block.

There are several sessions where you will have to jump between platforms, very similar to the "Prince of Persia" style, but with poor controls and the inability to adjust the camera, which makes it much easier for you to fall, and you will fall over and over again, and when you fall, you'll have to do it all over again! Do you know how frustrating is when you're almost at the end, but due to poor control, or the fact that you do not know what you can or can not interact with, fall and have to do it all over again? But wait... it's get worse! There is parts where the enemies are shooting at you in the platform sessions, so you're going to have to do the platform session faster, but it's impossible to you make it faster, because of the bad controls and inability to adjust the camera. And remember, the game is repetitive to the extreme, so you're going to do the same things you did in one phase, again, again, again, again ...

I became a MGTOW because this was the only logical solution to a man survive in a world replete of gynocentrism and biased against men!
Max the lagomorph
Established Member

Liked: 1055

Re: What was the worst game that you played in your life?

Postby Merlin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:08 pm

No Man's Sky.

Hands down the worst game I played because it had so much promise when I first started playing. I finally got so fucking bored with it that I looked up the ending. The, "What the fuck? that's IT!?!?!" that came from my mouth even shocked me.

Previous to that is was Master of Orion 3. Another game that became beyond boring. After a few games that lasted weeks I downloaded a cheat. Even with all the cheats I could enable I was on turn 5,000 or so and had still made no measurable progress.

When speaking with most women I find my capacity to give a damn has been overshadowed by an over abundance of go fuck yourself.

I looked into the abyss. At first I was afraid but then I looked further and studied it. After a while I began to understand the abyss. Then the abyss looked back at me, I smiled and it ran.
Merlin
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 10190

Postby Designated Oppressor » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:15 pm

Superman 64. Yeah not the most original worst game ever. In Superman 64 you're flying through rings with the worst controls and draw distance in video game history. If you want to see how horrid the game is the AVGN did a video on it.

Designated Oppressor
Established Member

Liked: 1316

Postby ManWithAPlan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:23 pm

I don't remember it because I don't remember bad games.

But I do recall Morrowind in the early stages was annoying as fuck until the makers finally created a "yes to all" button. So for those who haven't played The Elderscross 3: Morrowind, back in the day you could mod the game, but when you started it for the first time with a new mod, you'd need to approve the mod in game. Sometimes a mod would have hundreds of pop up screens. And if you added hundreds of mods, you can see where this is going. Top that off with spending hours upon hours finding and installing said mods, then add the conflicting mods that crash your game (and you have to hunt them down) and finally add the thousands of "press yes" popup screens, and you'll be there for a while.

I used to play the game a lot, like fucking crazy. Loved it. But a new modded installation of the game could easily take anywhere from 12+ hours to several days. That was not my idea of "fun".

The word "misogyny" is like a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble.
ManWithAPlan
Beta as Fuck

Liked: 41587

Postby MPAV8R » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:36 pm

Worst one in recent memory were the PC ports of the Resident Evil series... the potential for an OK game was there, but it was ruined by ridiculously obtuse controls, a third person perspective that caused disorientation and vertigo, and graphics quality that had been gutted to the point where the game seemed much older than it is.

Just as an example of how shitty the controls were, if you were caught in a swarm situation where you needed to lob a frag, in order to do so, you would have to open an inventory screen, scroll over to a menu within that screen, then select grenades, then from a drop down menu, you would need to select "equip" and then back out of the 3 layers of screens to return to the game. During this process the game would not be paused, so you would be receiving a thrashing from the AIs this entire time.

Once you had thrown the grenade, you would have to go through the entire process again in order to return to your default weapon. You would also have to repeat the process every time you needed to load a new magazine or use an inventory item.

There were no keybindings or other methods to allow you to switch between weapons and items in real time. If you managed to get past the intro level without giving up in frustration, you would have the patience of a Saint and probably be assumed directly into Heaven.

The next on the list would have to be one I was given to review recently, called Else.Heart.Break() which is a Swedish indie game. At first it seems pretty neat, but as you get invested in it, you find out that it has next to no plot, and is really just a basic coding tutorial dressed up to seem like a game. If that doesn't disappoint you enough, once you find some of the lore objects in the game, you will find shameless plugs for Feminist Frequency and Anita Sarkeesian, in addition to a "romance" sub plot that forces you to behave like a beta simp, and then lectures you about consent and not being creepy.

I've already told you: the only way to a woman's heart is along the path of torment. -Marquis de Sade

Alphas do, betas explain. -Womanhater

The only women worthy of affection are born in the imaginations of men. -Notorious GIT
MPAV8R
Marquis De Schadenfreude

Liked: 10820

Postby Notorious GIT » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Red Alert 3 for PS3. Bird's eye view military strategy does not lend itself easily to a game controller instead of a mouse/keyboard, but I gave it a shot. As it is, the only thing that made it playable in spite of this was it was so god damn easy you couldn't lose.

Runner up, Duke 3D for PS3. Looking forward to a revival of the old PC Duke 3D, with similar game play, just way better graphics? Be ready for disappointment. Old Duke 3D had some of those annoying "find the key" or "solve the puzzle" bits of bullfuck I fucking hate about games, but the new one had these on fucking steroids. You'll fuck around for an hour just to advance the game, and in that hour, you will do NOTHING but run around trying to solve a puzzle in a maze, turn this lever that way push this button then, fuck... just let me kill shit, it's a Duke game, you assholes.

How about worst games I've never played? Mercenaries 3. Because they never made it. Mercs 2 is the ONLY game I've seen where I can blow up most everything. I'm currently on the hunt for something like it. Just got Just Cause 2, and while it has the promise that makes me think Just Cause 3 might be what FINALLY gets me to get a PS4, since hardly a damn thing on PS4 has been enough to make me want one, it is not a truly destructible environment. I'll try Red Faction: Guerilla at some point, and I suppose I'll have to tolerate Battlefield's wonky control system to give it a go, but nothing beats that almost decade old game that looks like it was made to the graphics standard of an N64 game sometimes, Mercenaries 2.

Still, can't blow up the forests, the ground. I want a game where craters are there after artillery, I can set trees on fire, people fly apart when blown up, or an arm flies off if they're shot in it. See a crane? You can get in it and wreak havoc. Think Mercs 2 meets GTA V meets Far Cry meets Just Cause. Add in if you can think of it, it's a weapon in the game. Mace, flail, flamethrower, pungee pit. A game just needs like 100 veterans whose only job is to think of fucked up shit to do to people, what to do it with, and tell it to the eggheads who make it so.

Before it's finally said and done, as the final bill comes due, you will know:

I am Hell.
Notorious GIT
Bellend Extraordinaire

Liked: 37824

Postby Mantis Shrimp » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:05 pm

Notorious GIT wrote:I'll try Red Faction: Guerilla at some point, and I suppose I'll have to tolerate Battlefield's wonky control system to give it a go, but nothing beats that almost decade old game that looks like it was made to the graphics standard of an N64 game sometimes, Mercenaries 2.

Red Faction: Guerilla is a good game, and if you want an open world game where you can blow shit up, I highly recommend it:

One of the best weapons in the game is the Nano Rifle:

The game does have its flaws- the overworld can be bland and empty in many places, and the missions don't offer too much variety, but man is it fun to tear down buildings using a sledgehammer, explosives, and the nano rifle. :D :twisted:

"Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine." -Nikola Tesla

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue. -Plato

A man without a woman is like a fish without a hook.
Mantis Shrimp
Established Member

Liked: 4917

Postby Calloway » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:11 am

My then-wife bought me a PC game for Christmas when we were newly married. She was getting into her Christian kick and was starting to get on to me about the "evil" in the games I liked to play. This was the time when Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament had just come out.

This was the game she got me:

The game is called 'Saints of Virtue'. The player represents a Christian who enters his own heart to do battle with spiritual forces of temptation and to become a true 'Saint of Virtue.'

I honestly tried to like it. I thought the setting could be interesting... But the graphics and the gameplay sucked. The game reminded me of a cheap, poorly-executed ripoff of DOOM, which came out 8 years before this. By comparison, something like Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, System Shock 2, Ghost Recon, or Aliens vs Predator (all games that came out that same holiday season) looked AND PLAYED light years ahead of this.

I played this a couple of times (more to make the wife happy) and then it was quietly uninstalled.

Calloway
Tech Impaired Nutjob

Liked: 14169

Postby bob » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:30 pm

I'm not a gamer but I understand that depression quest, by zoe quinn, was pretty lame.

"THOSE AREN'T FEELINGS...THOSE ARE LIES YOUR DICK IS TELLING TO YOU!!!" - Chef
bob
Deplorable and Irredeemable

Liked: 12107

Postby Deathslayer » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:41 pm

The dating game...the objectives were unclear, the plot undeveloped, the sidequests were tedious and the final boss was not worth the buildup. Plus the graphics were not next-gen..and the resolution sucked without modding(makeup)and NPCs(family/friends) were annoying and a waste of space.

My advice...don't buy the dating game ever. :twisted:

Deathslayer

Deathslayer
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 7196

Postby Max the lagomorph » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:33 pm

bob wrote:I'm not a gamer but I understand that depression quest, by zoe quinn, was pretty lame.

Implying that depression quest is a game.

I became a MGTOW because this was the only logical solution to a man survive in a world replete of gynocentrism and biased against men!
Max the lagomorph
Established Member

Postby Max the lagomorph » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:57 pm

Designated Oppressor wrote:Superman 64. Yeah not the most original worst game ever. In Superman 64 you're flying through rings with the worst controls and draw distance in video game history. If you want to see how horrid the game is the AVGN did a video on it.

I played this game too when I was a kid. Luckily I only rented the game, so I just gave up on play it, and play the other games.

Max the lagomorph
Established Member

Postby TwisterVictor1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:13 am

The worst game I ever played was E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial on the Atari 2600.

TwisterVictor1
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 61

Postby bob » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:42 am

bob wrote:I'm not a gamer but I understand that depression quest, by zoe quinn, was pretty lame.

Max the lagomorph wrote:Implying that depression quest is a game.

I confess: I have fucked up. AGAIN.

"THOSE AREN'T FEELINGS...THOSE ARE LIES YOUR DICK IS TELLING TO YOU!!!" - Chef
bob
Deplorable and Irredeemable

Liked: 12107

Postby TheWanderer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:11 am

Superman 64...how anyone ever thought it was a good idea to have the Man of Steel be reduced to flying through rings (that you're not allowed to fucking miss!) like some kind of retard on an obstacle course, is beyond me.

TheWanderer
Established Member

Liked: 604

Postby PSIII » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Our options as gamers in that time were very limited. I remember renting this pile of fuck from the local mini-mart as a kid, thinking it would be fun.

:roll:

Some of today's gamers have no idea the torture we went through.

:lol:

Built for the Future

"For the sake of any and every moment of levity you can steal from this fucked world, give no fucks ever about anything."

Notorious GIT
PSIII
MGTOW Veteran / Forum Moderator

Liked: 4358

Postby No4Dad » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Atari 2600 Pac Man

Let's go ahead and set the stage for this:

Pac Man was awesome. You'd go to the arcade and play Pac Man. Fuckin' A Pac Man is coming to the Atari 2600!! This is going to be awesome!!!

Even with the limited graphics all of the kids I knew (10-13ish) were excited about Pac Man coming to the home console. We understood the limitations but when my friend got Pac Man for Christmas (I think it was actually an IOU for Christmas and wasn't delivered until the Spring) all we thought was: What is this shit?

It didn't look like Pac Man.
It didn't play like Pac Man.
It flashed like crazy and was hard as shit to control.
The maze wasn't Pac Man.
What a complete disappointment.

The only thing that approaches that was Donkey Kong for the Intellivision. My mom spent hard earned dollars on that and it was shit. I felt bad for her then and even now looking back. $40 for a game that was a laughing stock and no one wanted to play.

The good version of Pac Man: The Namco Museum version for the PS1. That was the only real "good" version of Pac Man. Everything else was slightly fucked up in some way.

No4Dad
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 15557

Postby Max the lagomorph » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:50 am

PSIII wrote:

Our options as gamers in that time were very limited. I remember renting this pile of fuck from the local mini-mart as a kid, thinking it would be fun.

:roll:

Some of today's gamers have no idea the torture we went through.

:lol:

Oh God, I remember of this game! I had played the sega genesis version, but ... 16-bit or no, this game just fucking sucks!
Luckily, I played in an emulator, so I did not waste any money.

Max the lagomorph
Established Member

Postby Dr Van Nostrand » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:07 am

I don't really remember really terrible games as mostly every game I have played has been somewhat enjoyable & fun. Although one game that I was really looking forward to playing, but just didn't live up to what I built it up to be in my mind was Call of Juarez Bound in Blood for the PS3. I exchanged it the same day for Red Dead Redemption; a far superior western video game & an overall excellent game.

I say what I say & if you don't like it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't give a fuck.

Dr Van Nostrand
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 20262

Postby Calloway » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:17 am

No4Dad wrote:Atari 2600 Pac Man

The maze wasn't Pac Man.

I remember that game:

We were truly desperate for games back in the day. I remember playing that thing for hours. So did my friends.

Calloway
Tech Impaired Nutjob

Liked: 14169

Postby JohnnyComeLately » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:06 am

That sucks. Contrast it with the Atari home computer release of Pacman (400/800/XL/XE)

JohnnyComeLately
Established Member

Liked: 6575

Postby No4Dad » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:30 am

Calloway wrote:
No4Dad wrote:Atari 2600 Pac Man

The maze wasn't Pac Man.

I remember that game:

We were truly desperate for games back in the day. I remember playing that thing for hours. So did my friends.

It didn't help that Atari's attitude was, "We're Atari. They'll buy it because we're Atari!" Using that attitude they just shoveled out garbage titles like Pac Man and E.T. It was more important to get the title out, because the chumps would buy it, than to get a quality title out.

No4Dad
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 15557

Postby jeffer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:26 pm

Ghostbusters on Amstrad

:ugeek:

"So don't make me your captive, I don't feel like talking your shit,
I nod my broken head, I'm not too amused with humans..." (Sebadoh)
jeffer
Established Member

Liked: 2164

Postby chiefbrownmonk » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:31 pm

God awful game. It was overhyped for a game that became grindy as fuck and completely unfair. I remember they had a mechanic where death would make your weapons lose efficacy which had to be repaired. The cost just ruined your gameplay over time.

The sad part was that it could have been such fun with the setting but was not.

We are John Galt.
chiefbrownmonk
Established Member

Liked: 2677

Postby Max the lagomorph » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:11 am

jeffer wrote:Ghostbusters on Amstrad

:ugeek:

Every version of this game was shit! I really don't know what the fuck this people are thinking when they made this game.

Max the lagomorph
Established Member

Next

Return to Computers, Games, and Technology