Ninja 300

Forum title says it all! Discuss all things cars and motorcycles here.

Ninja 300

Postby a55man » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:57 pm

I'm pretty excited fellas. I haven't had a bike for many years. :D I broke down and got a new 2014 Ninja 300. :D This is the Unicorn bike for me. :D I have a twisty 15 mile one way commute to town. :D I rode a 650 and it is too much bike for grampa.

New they listed at around $5200. This was their last new 2014 and I ended up getting it for around $4200. Zero miles. I could not be happier with this babe :D . 600 mile break-in starts tomorrow. She redlines at 12000 rpm! :D So light. It is like a bike with a jet engine.

I will have an occasional 2 hours on the freeway. We will see how that pans out. Worst case scenario I pick up a used cruiser. I am single and don't spend money on much at all. I need cool, durable goods that keep on giving. :D

:D Never had a new bike before. :D NEVER would have got this if I stayed married - never! :D I will have this bike for a long time and the resale value on these is outstanding. Here's my new mistress! :D

I know there are young guys struggling here on the board and I hope this doesn't come across as boasting. I have a few extra bucks, but I am in my 50's - my youth is gone. My point is nobody has it all. Stay MGTOW and you young guys will have a few extra bucks when you are #oldfuck like me. In the meantime enjoy feeling good physically - that ends :D If you are young and rich and single - screw you! Get a Ninja! :D

"It's always better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done" Butthole Surfers

Putting the "shiv" back in chivalry and ending hoplophobia since 2014
a55man
Established Member

Liked: 1677

Re: Ninja 300

Postby toadman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:25 pm

That is one beautiful machine, A55man! Whaddaya think, Calloway?

One thing about middle-age sport riding is if you have riding experience you can still get a liter-bike without having to use the power and do immortal speed-run/knee-dragging shit all the time. Like owning a Lambo or Ferrari.

A55, you may possibly out-grow it in one year as your riding skills and demands for more passing performance requires.
Congratulations! :D

"We can't change prevailing winds, but we can adjust the sails."
toadman
Administrator

Liked: 6708

Postby FapMaster » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:01 pm

A low hand to ya brother, congrats.

No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it's only a question of degree. -W. C. Fields
FapMaster
Established Member

Liked: 3040

Postby toadman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:41 pm

^ FapMaster.
The universal bike greeting. Keep the rubber down. Or left-hand split-fingers down for two on the ground. Not required if you're "busy-hands" and understood with a head-nod.

toadman
Administrator

Postby Ijon Tichy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:20 am

Congratulations, enjoy your new beauty. Lowhand from over the pond!

Ijon Tichy
Established Member

Liked: 946

Postby Calloway » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:42 am

toadman wrote:That is one beautiful machine, A55man! Whaddaya think, Calloway?

That is one beautiful bike, A55man! You're really gonna love it!

Keep the rubber side down! :D

Calloway
Tech Impaired Nutjob

Liked: 13461

Postby WheelBarrow » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:23 am

So they bumped the 250 up to a 300 now. That was probably a needed upgrade. The Ninja 250 was a popular bike for many years and the extra displacement likely only makes it better. I've been well out of the loop and haven't kept up with Ma Kaw's latest offerings.

As long as it puts a smile on your face, enjoy the ride. Sometime in the distant past someone noted that it was more fun to ride a small bike fast than a big bike slow. I think the point is that you're likely to be able to have much greater control on the smaller bike even though you can have the sensation of wringing it out in the straights and throwing it through the corners.

“Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington

"A tattoo on a hot woman is like a bumper sticker on a Ferrari" -- unknown man with discriminating taste.
WheelBarrow
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 7215

Postby Primus_Pilus » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:58 pm

a55man wrote:I'm pretty excited fellas. I haven't had a bike for many years. :D I broke down and got a new 2014 Ninja 300. :D This is the Unicorn bike for me. :D I have a twisty 15 mile one way commute to town. :D I rode a 650 and it is too much bike for grampa.

Nice to see another old fart picking up motorcycles as a fun hobby. :) Congrats on your bike man!
Lowhand ...

Someone really should do something about this. Women at risk of living life is just unacceptable.
Maybe the platter should be made bigger and more silvery.
Alphas do, betas explain.
Primus_Pilus
Established Member

Liked: 4700

Postby Useless_1 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:10 pm

*applauds*
:D

Nerds is so 1993.
We are elite members of society who appreciate the finer arts of computational entertainment
of the highest order.
Useless_1
BANNED

Liked: 1488

Postby a55man » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:54 am

Last night I parked the Ninja and looked at the oil window. I like my oil to look like distilled water. This had a tint. :o .

Obviously, I didn't sleep all night. So the first oil and filter change took place in the rising sun - at 200 miles :D . There were a few flecks of metal and the oil was dirty enough to change imo. Took her out and put on 50 miles - the oil looks and smells like new again. Will sleep like a baby tonite. :D

My brother was an aircraft mechanic and he beleived you just could not keep your oil clean enough. He used to take a drop of oil out of the crankcase and put it on a piece of TP. If he could see 1 piece of grit that shit was getting changed. His oil filter on his badass Chevy van was a roll of TP. Like this:

"It's always better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done" Butthole Surfers

Putting the "shiv" back in chivalry and ending hoplophobia since 2014
a55man
Established Member

Liked: 1677

Postby Billy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:35 am

That is an excellent bike.
Gear up because those types of bikes beg to be ridden hard and fast and love the corners.

Billy
Established Member

Liked: 396

Postby toadman » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:16 pm

Enjoying the ride while weather permits, A55?

toadman
Administrator

Return to Motorcycles and Cars