Kansas judge rules sperm donor not on hook for child support

Stories about people who explore the depths of human depravity

Kansas judge rules sperm donor not on hook for child support

Postby WheelBarrow » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:43 pm

This was referred to in a few threads around mid 2015. Well, it appears the guy is off the hook for CS, for now:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 9-18-14-08

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) -- A Topeka man who answered a Craigslist ad to donate sperm so two women could have a baby together is not legally the child's father and isn't required to provide financial support, a Kansas judge has ruled.

The state Department for Children and Families had not decided as of Tuesday whether it would appeal last week's ruling by Shawnee County District Judge Mary Mattivi. The department sought to force William Marotta to pay child support for the girl born in December 2009.

Mattivi last year required Marotta to submit a DNA sample to confirm that he was the girl's biological father and declared he was not "a mere donor of sperm." But the judge's Nov. 22 ruling concluded that birth mother's former partner should be considered the child's second parent rather than Marotta, in part because he has had minimal contact with the girl.

The department filed a petition in 2012 to have Marotta declared the child's legal father and require him to pay child support after the women, birth mother Jennifer Schreiner and Angela Bauer, separated and Schreiner received assistance from the state. The department initially sought to reclaim about almost $6,100 in expenses associated with the child's birth.

The case illustrated how older laws on assisted reproduction in Kansas and others have not been updated. Charles Baylor, Marotta's attorney, said the Kansas agency's position was "radical" and discriminated against same-sex couples.

"If the presumptive parent, in this case the non-biological mother, had been a man, they never would have gone after the sperm donor," Baylor said.

The agency argued that Marotta was legally on the hook for child support - even though he never intended to act as the child's father - because the two women did not use a physician. In her ruling, Mattivi said Bauer is unable to work and is receiving Social Security disability benefits.

A 1994 Kansas law says a man who provides donated sperm to a doctor for an insemination is not the child's parent, absent a written agreement saying otherwise.

Marotta and the two women signed a contract in which they agreed to pay him $50 for every semen donation. Legal documents say Schreiner was impregnated with a syringe in early 2009.

Secretary Phyllis Gilmore said the department is disappointed with Mattivi's ruling, adding in a statement that "the law pertaining to sperm donors is clear and was ignored in this ruling."

Courtney Joslin, a University of California, Davis law professor, said a commission on uniform state laws recommended in 2000 and 2002 that states eliminate a requirement that physicians be involved in assisted reproduction to protect sperm donors. Eleven states adopted its recommendations, and California independently repealed the requirement as of this year, she said.

Nine states and the District of Columbia have laws that treat an unmarried partner as a legal parent when there is assisted reproduction, Joslin said.

Mattivi's latest ruling noted that Schreiner and Bauer are parenting the girl together and that Kansas courts have long held that the child's best interest is the key issue. The judge said Bauer's presumption of parenthood is "superior" to Marotta's.

A friend of Marotta's started a GoFundMe page to raise money for his legal expenses. As of Tuesday, the effort had raised about $2,300.

“Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington

"A tattoo on a hot woman is like a bumper sticker on a Ferrari" -- unknown man with discriminating taste.
WheelBarrow
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 7200

Re: Kansas judge rules sperm donor not on hook for child sup

Postby going this way » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:32 pm

Yep have to be careful about anything you do involving women, if there's something they can get off you, they will-or at least try.

It's likely happening out there somewhere, just because you haven't heard that it is, or read somewhere that it is, doesn't mean it isn't happening.
going this way
Established Member

Liked: 728

Postby Phathack » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:07 pm

This guy us lucky we have seen other cases where hes on the hook for child support under similar circumstances...

:ugeek:

Proudly considered “unsuitable” by women since 1993
Phathack
MGTOW Rockstar

Liked: 8338

Postby sonsofchemistry » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:03 am

So this guy earned 50 bucks a pop, for his seed. He got maybe a few hundred bucks? Was it worth it?

"Being a malevolent asshole bastard son of a bitch is handy as fuck." -GIT
sonsofchemistry
Established Member

Liked: 3125

Postby WheelBarrow » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:03 pm

sonsofchemistry wrote:So this guy earned 50 bucks a pop, for his seed. He got maybe a few hundred bucks? Was it worth it?

Perhaps if she'd have been a hot lipstick lezzie who allowed him to do the job directly, but more likely she's rather grotesque so not worth getting involved with a mess like that just to jack off in a cup.

“Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington

"A tattoo on a hot woman is like a bumper sticker on a Ferrari" -- unknown man with discriminating taste.
WheelBarrow
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 7200

Postby GT66 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:00 am

Some men are just so desperate and dumb it's hard to have any respect for them. At $50 a shot, this idiot clearly doesn't understand pricing based on market conditions and wanted to turn himself into the value equivalent of a used up back alley hooker. How can you respect someone one has no respect for himself?

ANY man who donates or sells his sperm on the cheap is a fool. Given cases where a man becomes liable for child support, clearly, the market conditions dictate that the going rate for sperm should be at least one hundred thousand dollars a pop. Then if sweety pie wants to sue for child support, the new court mandated father has a means to pay it.

You want to be a sperm provider and insure yourself against the cost of forced parental support? Now you know what you should be charging for that insurance.

I think I'm so educated and I'm so civilized
'Cos I'm a strict vegetarian
But with the over-population and inflation and starvation
And the crazy politicians
I don't feel safe in this world no more
I don't want to die in a nuclear war
I want to sail away to a distant shore
And make like an apeman
-The Kinks, Apeman
GT66
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 4933

Postby bob » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:41 pm

A Topeka man who q a Craigslist ad to donate sperm so two women could have a baby together

yeah, this guy should be in jail for doing this to his own progeny. FUCK HIM.

Because if having one single-mother is so great, two would be fabulous - especially while they're beating the shit out of each other.

"THOSE AREN'T FEELINGS...THOSE ARE LIES YOUR DICK IS TELLING TO YOU!!!" - Chef
bob
Deplorable and Irredeemable

Liked: 11103

Postby No4Dad » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:53 am

Get a vasectomy. I know it doesn't apply in this guy's case but for all of you reading this: GET A VASECTOMY!!

It may be covered under your insurance or you may have one of those health-spending plans. If you have to pay for it out of pocket the $1000ish that it costs is FAR less than bullshit like this or bullshit where she's taking the semen from the inside of a condom which you threw away or an "Oopsie!! - I've been forgetting to take birth control!"

Doesn't matter if you're married, dating, living with some chick and not fucking her.. GET A VASECTOMY!!!

This guy got off easy. Your smart bet would be the courts saying, "...it's in the best interest of the child..," and forcing you to cough up for 20 years.

GET A VASECTOMY IN 2017!!
- that should be your New Years' resolution

No4Dad
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 12891

Postby Eidolon » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:38 pm

No4Dad wrote:GET A VASECTOMY IN 2017!!
- that should be your New Years' resolution

I got mine this year and couldnt be more pleased. No worries but my own. Its a good way to be.

"We Do Not Sow!!!"
Eidolon

Liked: 174

Postby KingofWisdom » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:38 am

I don't want a vasectomy, but I'm also perfectly content to remain a virgin. I know the risks, I'll just be more careful.

Women wring their hands when men become financial slaves to their ex-wives and never get to see their children, I'll wring my hands when they die alone in debt with their cats.
KingofWisdom
Established Member

Liked: 2773

Return to Twats Gonna Twat