Range (gun/duty/war) Belt

Discuss outdoor hobbies here

Range (gun/duty/war) Belt

Postby WorldWeary » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:28 pm

Whatever you want to call it.

I decided I want to get a belt that will hold 2 extra AR15 mags, a dump pouch, my pistol, 2 pistol mags, and a flashlight for when I walk over to my range to do some shooting.

It needs to be no wider than 1.75" so that I can buy a new clip for an existing kydex OWB pistol holster I have.

It will be strapped on above or directly over the leather gun belt that holds up my jeans. So it needs to have a plastic quick release buckle, but a relatively sturdy one. I'm talking about the ones with the prongs on either side that you squeeze.
Like this...extra release button optional, but preferred: Image

I'm looking at the Snake Eater Tactical mag pouches (pistol & rifle)...they are slightly cheaper than the HSGI Tacos, low profile, and stay slightly open when empty. I might sew on pull tabs if necessary. Looks like they will fit on belts up to 2".
http://www.snakeeatertactical.com/produ ... ine-pouch/

Any insights or recommendations are welcome. I haven't found a belt that is perfect yet. I'd really rather not go with a wide padded MOLLE war belt and I don't think what I plan to put on it is over-weighted, but let me know if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Actually, the HSGI Tacos look a lot nicer and come in Wolf Grey, so I'm leaning towards them now.
http://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/bm-taco-13TA00.html

WorldWeary
Goes In Dry

Liked: 7863

Re: Range (gun/duty/war) Belt

Postby Rouleur » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:25 pm

I made the mistake of dropping $80 on a name brand gun belt. It wore out in a year.

I changed my strategy. I waited for a big sale and bought half a dozen inexpensive belts from 511 and Blackhawk.. These still have the kydex stiffener and are made of leather. The latest purchase was from Palmetto. They had Blackhawk leather belts for $9.99. The cheap ones last just as long.

Society hates you. Don't be a contributor.
Rouleur
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 1936

Postby WorldWeary » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:15 pm

I did some poking around on the HSGI website and I think I have found what I need.
I'm gonna list it here so I remember.

One HSGI Duty Belt (1.75") - $20

One HSGI Micro Grip Belt Panel - $20

One HSGI Belt-Mounted Rifle TACO pouch - $32

One HSGI Belt-Mounted Double Pistol TACO pouch - $52

One HSGI Belt-Mounted Mag-Net - $49

One Zeus IWB Holster 1.75" Belt Clip - $6.89

WorldWeary
Goes In Dry

Liked: 7863

Postby John Deer » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:59 pm

If you're going to be competing in 3- gun or USPSA/ IPSC let me know, if not you should be good to go. I have some time with race gear and the like.

John Deer
PROSPECT

Liked: 95

Return to Fishing, Hunting, and the Great Outdoors