Sharpshooters-R'nt-Us

Discuss outdoor hobbies here

Sharpshooters-R'nt-Us

Postby mountainman » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:52 pm

Heard some shooting and followed the noise up to my neighbor's camp. Neighbor and neighbor's brother-in-law were shooting a small .22 LR rifle at a gong target 50 yards away. When I showed up we got a .38 Special revolver out of the safe and shot that too.

The gong target was brand-new and after several hundred shots looks like this:

sharpshooting.jpg
sharpshooting.jpg (196.24 KiB) Viewed 1734 times

mountainman
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 940

Re: Sharpshooters-R'nt-Us

Postby Morgu » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:42 pm

mountainman wrote:Heard some shooting and followed the noise up to my neighbor's camp. Neighbor and neighbor's brother-in-law were shooting a small .22 LR rifle at a gong target 50 yards away. When I showed up we got a .38 Special revolver out of the safe and shot that too.

I am surprised you can get .22LR ammo. Is it still on back order?

--Morgu

*scene aboard MSS MGTOW*
Electronics officer: "Captain, Morgu, sir, western civilization now requires all men to live with a woman!"
Captain Morgu: "Diving officer, submerge the ship. Make your depth 3-5-0 feet..."

Funny thing about garlic, it keeps away three types of blood suckers: mosquitoes, vampires, and human females.
Morgu
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 12748

Postby Merlin » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:52 pm

What the hell was the rifle? I could iron site a 1 inch iron spinner at 100 yards with a 10/22 when I was 16 and rarely missed!

Was the thing an old P.O.S. that had the barrel burnt out?

A 38 at 50 yards ... yeah, you're not going to hit much even with a perfect one.

When speaking with most women I find my capacity to give a damn has been overshadowed by an over abundance of go fuck yourself.

I looked into the abyss. At first I was afraid but then I looked further and studied it. After a while I began to understand the abyss. Then the abyss looked back at me, I smiled and it ran.
Merlin
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 9107

Postby EddieS » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:08 am

Looks like they even managed to hit the frame of the gong stand. A blind man would be proud of that target.

the dark isn't dark
EddieS
Grungle

Liked: 14394

Postby mountainman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:39 am

My small town's convenience store has some. It's not cheap but it's available.

What the hell was the rifle? ... Was the thing an old P.O.S. that had the barrel burnt out?

Probably. I didn't shoot the .22. Before the magazine started jamming the other guys were hitting the target pretty regularly.

A 38 at 50 yards ... yeah, you're not going to hit much even with a perfect one.

It's my .38 and with wadcutter rounds I hit the target 1/3 of the time. Then I loaded some +P JHP and missed all six shots. It really shows you gotta practice with the ammo you want to shoot.

A blind man would be proud of that target.

Why do you think I got a gong target? :D

mountainman
MGTOW Veteran

Postby EddieS » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:46 pm

Why do you think I got a gong target? :D

Yay, I made a joke and someone got it. Woot.

First time for everything. :lol:

the dark isn't dark
EddieS
Grungle

Liked: 14394

Postby FapMaster » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:41 pm

Sounds like a good time.

No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it's only a question of degree. -W. C. Fields
FapMaster
Established Member

Liked: 3040

Postby Merlin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:43 pm

With side arms I always teach people to shoot with the same ammo. I also ask them to think about the longest straight shot that they would have in their home. Then we practice hitting a target that far away. Once they can hit center mass at that range we move the target closer and work on a bit of accuracy. Then back out to about 1.5 times the first distance and work on accuracy again.

By that time they are able to hit center mass on a human sized target 9 out of 10 times for the distances mentioned.

When speaking with most women I find my capacity to give a damn has been overshadowed by an over abundance of go fuck yourself.

I looked into the abyss. At first I was afraid but then I looked further and studied it. After a while I began to understand the abyss. Then the abyss looked back at me, I smiled and it ran.
Merlin
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 9107

Postby The Shadow » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:44 pm

Morgu wrote:
mountainman wrote:Heard some shooting and followed the noise up to my neighbor's camp. Neighbor and neighbor's brother-in-law were shooting a small .22 LR rifle at a gong target 50 yards away. When I showed up we got a .38 Special revolver out of the safe and shot that too.

--Morgu

You can get .22 LR, but online at .08-.15 cents per round, yes.

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow Knows."
The Shadow
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 6416

Postby The Shadow » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:49 pm

Merlin wrote:What the hell was the rifle? I could iron site a 1 inch iron spinner at 100 yards with a 10/22 when I was 16 and rarely missed!

Was the thing an old P.O.S. that had the barrel burnt out?

You and me, both. 100 yards easy with a good .22 LR rifle. I like shooting mine at 225 yards, prone, off a tree/shrub, or on a bench, of course.

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow Knows."
The Shadow
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 6416

Postby mountainman » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:17 pm

All right, I was just at the convenience store. Which of you bastards bought all the .22LR? See if I ever mention ammo availability here again!

mountainman
MGTOW Veteran

Return to Fishing, Hunting, and the Great Outdoors