EQ test

Talk about stuff like fitness tips, diet advice, anecdotal information and all things concerning health, balding, nose hair and losing weight etc.

EQ test

Postby PhilosopherStoned » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:02 pm

I know there are plenty of IQ tests put there, but I found this "EQ" test, which apparently means emotional intelligence. I took the test, and I got a pretty low score of 82/155. Perhaps I was thinking too much about the questions, and they had a lot of those somewhat agree, somewhat disagree type of questions, and I tended to answer 2,3,4 on a lot of those 1-5 questions

Perhaps that may be why I prefer to be alone.

At any rate if you guys have the time, take the test and give me your thoughts on the test itself, or the idea of emotional intelligence in general. I can say it gave me some stuff to think about.

https://jtf.infusionsoft.com/app/linkCl ... 719931d83f

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Holy Fuck! Two years already?
PhilosopherStoned
Skywriting at Night

Liked: 4684

Re: EQ test

Postby trajan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:46 pm

I went through the first 5 questions and gave up when I saw the progress bar that said over 300 questions to go.

trajan
Established Member

Liked: 3722

Re: EQ test

Postby a_real_man » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:33 am

PhilosopherStoned wrote:I know there are plenty of IQ tests put there, but I found this "EQ" test, which apparently means emotional intelligence. I took the test, and I got a pretty low score of 82/155. Perhaps I was thinking too much about the questions, and they had a lot of those somewhat agree, somewhat disagree type of questions, and I tended to answer 2,3,4 on a lot of those 1-5 questions

Perhaps that may be why I prefer to be alone.

At any rate if you guys have the time, take the test and give me your thoughts on the test itself, or the idea of emotional intelligence in general. I can say it gave me some stuff to think about.

https://jtf.infusionsoft.com/app/linkCl ... 719931d83f

"EQ measures the capability of individuals to recognize their own, and other people's emotions, to discriminate between different feelings and label them appropriately, to use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior, and to manage and/or adjust emotions to adapt environments or achieve one's goal(s)"

I tend to think it's bs. The quotient tests are supposed to measure aptitude, and therefore they should be insensitive to training. Otherwise, they are just a skill like any other. I mean, can you imagine someone saying "I took an IQ course and my IQ rose by 20 points!".
- Since there exists emotion recognition software out there, emotion recognition in others can be trained, just by pattern recognition
- can you recognize your own emotions? Maybe, maybe not. But who can say if you got it right if not you. Like "I feel sad" "Wrong! You feel happy!"
- To use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior? That's like the opposite of what we want, generally
- " to manage and/or adjust emotions to adapt environments or achieve one's goal(s)". That's a measure of twatdom. Can you start feeling like a victim to get gibs?

So I think you should either consider it a matter of skill and practice, or ignore it

I am the leader of MGTOW

Betas do it better
a_real_man
Established Member

Liked: 936

Return to Health and Fitness