Indian Style Curry

Tell us your favorite recipes. Talk food and drink here!

Indian Style Curry

Postby Greg Deman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:21 am

I've made this sauce a few times and it's really tasty, add whatever type of meat you want and serve with rice and/or naan bread. There are a lot of ingredients though so it's not a quick or cheap sauce.

1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 carton of Passata
1 small tin of Coconut Milk (about 70ml)
1 bell pepper
1 onion
chilly peppers (add to how hot you want)
1 tablespoon of mango chutney
1 heaped teaspoon of curry powder
1 heaped teaspoon of Garam Masala
a tablespoon of coriander

Basically chop up the veg and throw it all into a slow cooker for 4 hours. Then enjoy 3 or 4 meals during the week with different meats or fish cooked separately or in with the sauce (except chicken or fish, chicken just throws out tons of grease and fish falls apart in the slow cooker).

Greg Deman
Established Member

Liked: 2536

Re: Indian Style Curry

Postby mongolking » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:59 pm

That's a good recipe - almost identical to one I regularly use. The only difference is I chuck in some chopped root ginger, some garlic and some red wine - and I don't know what Passata is.

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone, and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom, for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.
-Arthur Schopenhauer
mongolking
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 24088

Postby Cherubino » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Thank God and all cows this is not about basketball.

Ask not what you can do for your country - do ask what your country can do to you.
I make a distinction between the oppressor in W., DC and it's main enemy and target: the American people.

"Increasingly, one's humanity is directly proportional to both one's insistence on withdrawal from the herd, and one's intolerance towards ape-like conduct of all sorts." - bem

"What do women think? Who really cares what women think? You're not running a free psychiatric clinic." - dubya
Cherubino
Established Member

Liked: 2865

Postby Greg Deman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:55 pm

mongolking wrote:That's a good recipe - almost identical to one I regularly use. The only difference is I chuck in some chopped root ginger, some garlic and some red wine - and I don't know what Passata is.

I've used whole ginger and chopped garlic and they add further dimensions to the taste but I'm just trying to keep the ingredients to a minimum here. :) I've cooked it without them and it's still a very tasty curry.

Passata is sieved Italian tomatoes which is like an unprocessed, concentrated tomato sauce. It thickens the sauce and gives it a richer more full-bodied sauce with a better texture. I normally use a 50/50 chopped tomatoes/Passata mix. Tomato paste can be substituted instead but it isn't as good.

Greg Deman
Established Member

Liked: 2536

Return to Food and Recipes