Wait a minute... .. did I get it!¡?

Hate your boss? Want a career change or landed a new job? Discussion forum for all things related to Jobs and Careers.

Wait a minute... .. did I get it!¡?

Postby Cherubino » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:21 am

This thread serves two purposes:

1. Bringing good news regarding our prospects on the job market.

2. Shows you how this site is a constant source of wisdom and education for yours truly. And how long it can take me to grok something.

What I am writing about here, has been said on this forums already multiple times. It just happens so that this mornig while I was taking in my daily gulp of filth and depravity (read: checking out Reddit, BuzzFeed, FB and so on...), I came across a Reddit thread for This image:

Picture 898.png
Picture 898.png (248.45 KiB) Viewed 4225 times

A discussion on job automation, this time the automation of "low-level" service jobs in the fast food industry. Now, as I said other members of this forums already talked about it, discussions I followed with great interest.

But only this morning, while looking at the above posted image, the ring was belling in my mind and I received warmths in my heart.

So, a machine replaces a fast food service worker. Several of them in fact. In other words: several workers get laid-off,

most of them women. :)

What else happens?

A technician who is: good enough with tools to install and maintain the machine gets hired. This technician is also good at doing the maintenance work for the machine regularly to the tick of a tight schedule. He is also not too much challenged by the work of lifting the machine up to it's hook or yanking it from thereof. In fact, he does that job almost daily or at least weekly. He drives a truck full of those machines. Not a problem for him.

:arrow: Because he is male!

So, one qualified male replaces a bunch of clucking hens 8-)

Oh, lest I forget: how high is the chance, that the brain who was paid to construct the machine is attached to a male body? :D

Pretty high, I guess, stating the obvious.

So, two qualified males replace a bunch of clucking hens. :lol:

I'm loving it. :idea: :idea:

Ask not what you can do for your country - do ask what your country can do to you.
I make a distinction between the oppressor in W., DC and it's main enemy and target: the American people.

"Increasingly, one's humanity is directly proportional to both one's insistence on withdrawal from the herd, and one's intolerance towards ape-like conduct of all sorts." - bem

"What do women think? Who really cares what women think? You're not running a free psychiatric clinic." - dubya
Cherubino
Established Member

Liked: 2847

Re: Wait a minute... .. did I get it!¡?

Postby Calloway » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:32 am

Judging based on how rarely the human workers got my order right, I say bring on the machines!

Calloway
Tech Impaired Nutjob

Liked: 13400

Postby Morgu » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:35 am

The idea of women losing their jobs excites Morgu to no end. However, not all of the people losing their jobs at Mcd's are female. Though suppose Morgu could become the technician for the machines, he does have a technical background.

Calloway wrote:Judging based on how rarely the human workers got my order right, I say bring on the machines!

Believe it or not, that is a problem mostly caused by the females working the front counter. They enter your order on their register, or write it on a slip in the really old places, and the grill workers make what appears on their screen/slip. So if you ordered a big mac, no lettuce, extra sauce, and the female entered no sauce, extra lettuce, guess what the grill has to make.

--Morgu

*scene aboard MSS MGTOW*
Electronics officer: "Captain, Morgu, sir, western civilization now requires all men to live with a woman!"
Captain Morgu: "Diving officer, submerge the ship. Make your depth 3-5-0 feet..."

Funny thing about garlic, it keeps away three types of blood suckers: mosquitoes, vampires, and human females.
Morgu
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 12703

Postby fester » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:37 pm

Too bad the machines won't be buying the product.

fester is one of "the beautiful ones"

"It's FAR too late to unfuck this chicken."
Womanhater
fester
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 24643

Postby Darth Sin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:10 pm

A man who is capable of introspection and deduction will realize that if he wants to get into a stable job for a long period of time, he has to pick jobs that cannot be replaced by machinery and robotics, at least not in the near future. Additionally, he will look to expand his linguistic skills to allow him to work all over the globe.

Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.
Darth Sin
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 8833

Postby MrPragmatic » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:27 pm

You can draw a parallel between unskilled fast food employees and your typical modern woman.

Both are demanding far more than their respective market value. Instead of getting what they demand, both are finding out the hard way how easily replaceable they are.

Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler....
I could set the building on fire.

No wife, happy life.
MrPragmatic
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 8643

Postby Slade » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:04 am

fester wrote:Too bad the machines won't be buying the product.

Indeed. McDonalds should focus on making burgers that aren't crap. Automating the process won't bring in any customers.

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 31272

Postby GT66 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:02 am

QFT.

Count down to how long it takes the MBA geniuses at McDonalds to realize they just invented vending machine food.

I think I'm so educated and I'm so civilized
'Cos I'm a strict vegetarian
But with the over-population and inflation and starvation
And the crazy politicians
I don't feel safe in this world no more
I don't want to die in a nuclear war
I want to sail away to a distant shore
And make like an apeman
-The Kinks, Apeman
GT66
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 4929

Postby jeffer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:25 pm

That would be the next singularity :geek:

"So don't make me your captive, I don't feel like talking your shit,
I nod my broken head, I'm not too amused with humans..." (Sebadoh)
jeffer
Established Member

Liked: 2102

Postby HeartofShadows » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:28 pm

Looking forward to the anti automation groups rising and burning down automated places of work.

Bring forth the human revolution!

"You attack the Ancient Pink Dragon with all of your force, but do not manage to harm it! The Ancient Pink Dragon breathes a death ray, poison, fire, acid, ice, lightning, water, corruption, missile, petrification, and stun breath at you. All of your equipment is torn apart! You die..."
HeartofShadows
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 17555

Postby Morgu » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:45 pm

HeartofShadows wrote:Looking forward to the anti automation groups rising and burning down automated places of work.

The E.L.F already do something very similar. They are a bad bunch though, best stay clear.

How long before we start splicing our genes to "improve" ourselves to keep up with the machines? How long after that before we are like the city of Rapture?

--Morgu

*scene aboard MSS MGTOW*
Electronics officer: "Captain, Morgu, sir, western civilization now requires all men to live with a woman!"
Captain Morgu: "Diving officer, submerge the ship. Make your depth 3-5-0 feet..."

Funny thing about garlic, it keeps away three types of blood suckers: mosquitoes, vampires, and human females.
Morgu
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 12703

Postby Pointerman » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Morgu wrote:
The E.L.F already do something very similar.

Automatically thought of the Esper Liberation Front from Simon R Green's Deathstalker series. :lol:

"i'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn't like a person" -Bill Murray
Pointerman
Resident Redneck

Liked: 30151

Postby MrPolityczny » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:53 pm

The robot has to sell me a hot-dog? No fucking way!

I like those places. I like fact that women in those places can add to my hot-dog chili which I will bring. I like to hear new information about how as it leads to other retailers on the marketplace.

Robots are good for this people...

...not for me.

"Love: A radioactive element with a half life of 6 months." ~Merlin

"Skipper, our intel shows that there's one sure way to a female's heart. You start with a four-inch incision..."
- Kowalski
MrPolityczny
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 17305

Postby hansmoleman » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:54 am

HeartofShadows wrote:Looking forward to the anti automation groups rising and burning down automated places of work.

hansmoleman
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 7717

Postby HeartofShadows » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:12 am

hansmoleman wrote:

"You attack the Ancient Pink Dragon with all of your force, but do not manage to harm it! The Ancient Pink Dragon breathes a death ray, poison, fire, acid, ice, lightning, water, corruption, missile, petrification, and stun breath at you. All of your equipment is torn apart! You die..."
HeartofShadows
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 17555

Postby MrPolityczny » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:05 am

I hope that Subway will not introduce those machines...

It is only place in the "West" where a man can say to a women "Make me a sandwich" and he will get it without any
strange grimaces on her face :roll: And if he is lucky she even will smile when she will give it to him :lol:

"Love: A radioactive element with a half life of 6 months." ~Merlin

"Skipper, our intel shows that there's one sure way to a female's heart. You start with a four-inch incision..."
- Kowalski
MrPolityczny
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 17305

Postby Slade » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:37 am

MrPolityczny wrote:I hope that Subway will not introduce those machines...

It is only place in the "West" where a man can say to a women "Make me a sandwich" and he will get it without any
strange grimaces on her face :roll: And if he is lucky she even will smile when she will give it to him :lol:

There are better chains than Subway, which is the McDonalds of sandwiches.

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Postby The Northern Cross » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:33 pm

MrPolityczny wrote:I hope that Subway will not introduce those machines...

These machines have been in Subway in my country for years :lol: They are actually way better than trying to interact with the women "artists". Their attempts to prepare a fucking submarine sandwich can be hard to watch sometimes, I'd rather stand back by R2D2 until it's done.

The Northern Cross
Established Member

Liked: 1058

Postby the wanderer » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:09 am

science will mae all us human absolete.

I do not think it's a good thing.
when people get layed off, they try to get work elsewhere.
where I work they used to hire anyone capable.
now they can get people very very overqualified because there are not a lot of jobs left.
pretty soon my work will become automatised, matter of time, what to do then?

because of pointless immigration and turning jobs over to robots.
I always get the right order at macd/burger king etc.
and often get a few things more, just ask, nobody likes confrontation, so when you ask for an extra fries for instance, a lot of workers will just lay it with the rest of your order.

I do not like anything going automatic, but I understand you guys to, at the movies the persons behind the glass get me the wrong seat. so I use a machine there.
that makes me a hypocrite.

the wanderer
PROSPECT

Liked: 76

Postby Notorious GIT » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:53 am

MrPragmatic wrote:You can draw a parallel between unskilled fast food employees and your typical modern woman.

Both are demanding far more than their respective market value. Instead of getting what they demand, both are finding out the hard way how easily replaceable they are.

Dude, that was MY stapler.

Fucking awesome. You just totally set the building on fire.

Before it's finally said and done, as the final bill comes due, you will know:

I am Hell.
Notorious GIT
Bellend Extraordinaire

Liked: 35007

Postby KingofWisdom » Tue May 24, 2016 7:22 am

The automating of these jobs is a bad thing. Back in the day, if you asked for a job, the response you'd get is, "When can you start?" Employers didn't mind training employees because they understood that sometimes it's necessary and the employee will be grateful for the opportunity. But nowadays none of the employers want to train you, they want you to already have experience (even for entry level jobs) and they want someone else to pay for it. College is a scam and doesn't get you a job in most cases, unless you're one of the few who is capable of mastering engineering or other STEM fields. This is a sorry state of affairs. This is why you're seeing people stay with their parents into their 30s.

Women wring their hands when men become financial slaves to their ex-wives and never get to see their children, I'll wring my hands when they die alone in debt with their cats.
KingofWisdom
Established Member

Liked: 2765

Postby Hoser » Tue May 24, 2016 3:06 pm

It's important to note that only the ordering is automated by those machines. It still requires a person to actually make the food. That's a pretty simple job, but yet it can't practically be automated.

So before you freak out about a robot taking your job remember that it is only the ones that require no skills whatsoever that are in danger. If you enter the workforce offering no skills at all except the ability to push a button, you are never going to have an easy life. Shit, elevators used to require a human operator. Nobody thought it was the end of the world when those people were replaced by buttons.

It does't take much effort to move yourself into the 'a robot can't do it' category. (Outsourcing it a whole different thing.)

Hoser
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 1658

Postby Slade » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:40 am

the wanderer wrote:science will mae all us human obsolete.

It's happening in low wage China. Foxconn, whose customers include Apple (they manufacture Apple's products) is replacing half of its low wage workforce with automation.

It doesn't take a $15 wage. Any menial job can be automated regardless of wage.

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Postby Slade » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:45 am

Hoser wrote:So before you freak out about a robot taking your job remember that it is only the ones that require no skills whatsoever that are in danger.

Actually, automation is beginning to impact semi-skilled jobs. And every year the bar keeps rising, which is why there is talk about "guaranteed income". It would be different from welfare in that everyone qualifies. The Swiss are actually voting on this. How this will be paid for once half the population is unemployable is beyond me.

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Return to Jobs and Careers