Plumber on Reddit gives AMA

Hate your boss? Want a career change or landed a new job? Discussion forum for all things related to Jobs and Careers.

Plumber on Reddit gives AMA

Postby Cherubino » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:07 am

OK, more lame than interesting a read, that AMA. But, I found this tidbit worth sharing:

pro plumber wrote:Every trade is looking for apprentices my advice to you is stick with it. One day you will be certified and it will pay off. Learn as much as you can and try to take over the job. Tell your boss to get out of your way and tell you how to do it. As an apprentice if you can keep your boss from touching his tools you are doing an excellent job

other dude wrote:To expand on that; I teach at our local apprenticeship school, if we could find guys/girls that have a good attitude and the willingness to learn that would make my job so much easier. I teach skills that no one can ever take away. Sit in class, appreciate that someone is taking their time to teach you how to do this work, and be prepared to take the reigns and prove that you want to do this work. I don't know what scale is where you're at, but it's good money to be made and benefits on top in most places.

Here's the link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ ... f/db555bz/

While reading the next comment I thought: "yech, these millenials are really unbelievably feminized", turns out it is a women:

"Once I started living on my own & having to actually pay for things, I figured out it was way easier and cheaper to take the time & try to fix something before calling in for help. I taught myself how to do some basic sink fixes and I am an absolute pro at unclogging drains. I know how to jump my car (this may seem like an easy one but a few years ago I knew nothing about cars, now I know a little bit) and will be taught how to change a tire soon. (OK OK I KNOW! I didn't have a car for a long time!)
I find this sort of work (plumbing, HVAC, fixing cars) so interesting & useful. I'm 29 and female and am seriously considering taking some classes or workshops on more useful skills."

The comment after that shows the double standards in our society:

"Go for it. There are various programs specifically aimed at getting women into the trades.
http://www.explorethetrades.org/women-in-trades/"

Where's the encouragement for men?

Nobody cares for you, if you are a man. GYOW.

Ask not what you can do for your country - do ask what your country can do to you.
I make a distinction between the oppressor in W., DC and it's main enemy and target: the American people.

"Increasingly, one's humanity is directly proportional to both one's insistence on withdrawal from the herd, and one's intolerance towards ape-like conduct of all sorts." - bem

"What do women think? Who really cares what women think? You're not running a free psychiatric clinic." - dubya
Cherubino
Established Member

Liked: 2847

Re: Plumber on Reddit gives AMA

Postby Notorious GIT » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:36 am

Cherubino wrote:
Where's the encouragement for men?

Nobody cares for you, if you are a man. GYOW.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: they're toddlers. Treat accordingly.

"I pooped by myself!"

Head pat: "Gooood giiiiirl."

The only difference between people is the mentality and understanding of why they're doing what they're doing with regard to the "achievement" of precisely nothing special whatsoever.

Christ... to just think that a FEW people exit who don't realize that women are worthless would boggle my mind... I don't even want to contemplate how many would actually sincerely provide encouragement like this.

Before it's finally said and done, as the final bill comes due, you will know:

I am Hell.
Notorious GIT
Bellend Extraordinaire

Liked: 35007

Postby TDG » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:06 am

I wouldn't employ a female to do any trade work.

Nope. They fucked up white collar jobs so I sure as shit wont give them my money to fuck up blue collar jobs.

Women should stick to going to college and getting shitty liberal arts degrees so they can make great cubicle gophers.

They do less damage that way and stay off welfare.

Solipsism is a feature and not a bug. - TDG

In the long run, men making themselves happy makes women happy. Men trying to please women makes women miserable. Source: all of human history. - fairi5fair

There is nothing women ruin with such predictability as their own lives. - Alpha Game

She's not yours, she's just your turn. - Dudeist Priest
TDG
One Disgruntled Bastard

Liked: 57373

Postby Hoser » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:35 pm

Ha, only a woman would think that unclogging a drain and someone going to teach her how to change a tire someday makes her qualified in "plumbing, HVAC, fixing cars"

Hoser
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 1658

Postby a_real_man » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:28 pm

Maybe those transgender folks are on to something... Free classes, encouragement, jobs, the ability to pee anywhere you want. Plus, as a bonus, you can complain that someone didn't call you zer, if you're ever bored. HMMMM...

I am the leader of MGTOW

Betas do it better
a_real_man
Established Member

Liked: 934

Postby Morgu » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:49 pm

Hoser wrote:Ha, only a woman would think that unclogging a drain and someone going to teach her how to change a tire someday makes her qualified in "plumbing, HVAC, fixing cars"

Plumbing school = 4 years
HVAC school = 4 years
AES (mechanic) school = 4 years
--------------------------------------
Total years in school = 12

Twelve years of schooling. If she started at 18, she would be finishing at 30.

Twats. :roll:

--Morgu

*scene aboard MSS MGTOW*
Electronics officer: "Captain, Morgu, sir, western civilization now requires all men to live with a woman!"
Captain Morgu: "Diving officer, submerge the ship. Make your depth 3-5-0 feet..."

Funny thing about garlic, it keeps away three types of blood suckers: mosquitoes, vampires, and human females.
Morgu
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 12703

Postby Slade » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:08 pm

"Once I started living on my own & having to actually pay for things, I figured out it was way easier and cheaper to take the time & try to fix something before calling in for help. I taught myself how to do some basic sink fixes and I am an absolute pro at unclogging drains. I know how to jump my car (this may seem like an easy one but a few years ago I knew nothing about cars, now I know a little bit) and will be taught how to change a tire soon. (OK OK I KNOW! I didn't have a car for a long time!)

Yeah, she pours drano into the clogged sink. There are commercials that show you how it easy it is to do.

Jumping starting a car? There are step by step instructions in the cars user guide.

She considers these to be skills?

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 31272

Return to Jobs and Careers