Layoffs coming ...

Hate your boss? Want a career change or landed a new job? Discussion forum for all things related to Jobs and Careers.

Layoffs coming ...

Postby Slade » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:02 pm

Other groups at the company where I work have been having layoffs. My group hasn't and we've been told that the all clear has not been sounded for us yet.

There are more than a few slackers in our group. People who never deliver on time and who always seem to be calling in sick. Fortunately for me I get great reviews, so I'm not worried. But the slackers are starting to sweat bullets. And to top it off, our manager was in meetings all day, so the hammer is about to drop.

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 31264

Re: Layoffs coming ...

Postby hansmoleman » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:42 pm

Slade wrote:Other groups at the company where I work have been having layoffs. My group hasn't and we've been told that the all clear has not been sounded for us yet.

There are more than a few slackers in our group. People who never deliver on time and who always seem to be calling in sick. Fortunately for me I get great reviews, so I'm not worried. But the slackers are starting to sweat bullets. And to top it off, our manager was in meetings all day, so the hammer is about to drop.

Start preparing to get bad news mentally, even if you think it couldn't happen to you.

Always keep low expectations and plan for the worst to avoid being disappointed.

hansmoleman
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 7717

Postby Beef Supreme » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:58 pm

Slade wrote:Other groups at the company where I work have been having layoffs. My group hasn't and we've been told that the all clear has not been sounded for us yet.

What sector are you in?

Beef Supreme
Established Member

Liked: 1821

Postby Madcoo » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:05 am

Quick sleep with the boss..it works for twats!

Madcoo
Established Member

Liked: 4157

Postby WheelBarrow » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:29 am

It's not all ducky in the union ranks either. Number one guy on our seniority roster will have his job abolished in a few days. He's retiring rather than create a mess for himself and the rest of us.

New head manager is shitting over everyone and morale is the lowest I've seen it in 25 years.

I understand the economy is in the shitter and the company is chopping deadwood, but this guy isn't exactly deadwood. Oh well, I guess we'll continue to muddle along.

“Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington

"A tattoo on a hot woman is like a bumper sticker on a Ferrari" -- unknown man with discriminating taste.
WheelBarrow
MGTOW Veteran

Liked: 7110

Postby Slade » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:23 pm

Beef Supreme wrote:

What sector are you in?

R&D, software, Operating Systems development.

Slade
MGTOW All-Star

Liked: 31264

Postby G001 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:57 pm

Slade wrote:
Beef Supreme wrote:
What sector are you in?

R&D, software, Operating Systems development.

I thought you were going to say Sector 7G!

G001
Established Member

Liked: 895

Return to Jobs and Careers